The Student Room Group

BTEC students?

Hi, I am currently in college studying a level 3 business BTEC. I have been accepted to study law in September but I am worrying if I'll be able to cope with the exam side of things. I know I will have to work extremely hard and give it 100% and I am prepared for that. Is it possible for a BTEC student to succeed in law?
I don't see why not?
I'm just completing a HNC in Business & Management and I've applied for Law in September and have been accepted. I'm sure you can do it, but only you yourself know your capabilities.
:smile:
Original post by Chalex2016
I don't see why not?
I'm just completing a HNC in Business & Management and I've applied for Law in September and have been accepted. I'm sure you can do it, but only you yourself know your capabilities.

Thanks for your reply:smile: I suppose if I put my head to it i can walk away with a decent degree class. What university are you going to?
Original post by dickinson458
Thanks for your reply:smile: I suppose if I put my head to it i can walk away with a decent degree class. What university are you going to?

University of Manchester. You?

Actually it was doing the HNC that made me realise how capable I was of doing the law degree. Like you tho I just need to get used to exams again 🤓
You just have to work hard and believe in yourself!
There is no magical strategy when it comes to taking exams. You are asked questions on your knowledge and you quickly have to answer those them. The same key skills you use whilst writing an essay, under normal conditions, apply.
I don't see why not?

University of Manchester. You?

Actually it was doing the HNC that made me realise how capable I was of doing the law degree. Like you tho I just need to get used to exams again 🤓
You just have to work hard and believe in yourself!

University of Liverpool.

I have been completing all work up to grade distinction so I think ill be fine if I put my mind to it.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
There is no magical strategy when it comes to taking exams. You are asked questions on your knowledge and you quickly have to answer those them. The same key skills you use whilst writing an essay, under normal conditions, apply.

Thanks for your advice:smile: are you currently in uni?
Thanks for your advice:smile: are you currently in uni?

Yeah, having come from Access.
That's great. Yeah same here- all distinctions so far- fingers crossed. Iv got Liverpool as my insurance place. I firmed on Manchester in the end.
Good luck I'm sure you'll do great! 👌🏻
Yeah, having come from Access.

Sorry for my ignorance:frown: what do you mean by "access"?
Sorry for my ignorance:frown: what do you mean by "access"?

Access course. Access to HE diploma. The beast with two backs.
Access course. Access to HE diploma. The beast with two backs.

Are you studying Law? If yes, how are you finding the transitions from coursework to exam and do you feel that the coursework element of your access course helps you with writing essays?
Are you studying Law? If yes, how are you finding the transitions from coursework to exam and do you feel that the coursework element of your access course helps you with writing essays?

I am studying law and as I said the same key skills are there in both exercises (exam and essay). As anything, practising is going to help you hone a skill; practising writing essays over the course of a BTEC is naturally going to improve your essay-writing skills.
I am studying law and as I said the same key skills are there in both exercises (exam and essay). As anything, practising is going to help you hone a skill; practising writing essays over the course of a BTEC is naturally going to improve your essay-writing skills.

Very true, are you in first year? How are you finding it?

Quick Reply

Latest