The Student Room Group

What are you dreading the most about University?

Hello :smile:

I just thought I would make a post for people to 'rant' or 'vent' out their worries about university - both the subject AND the social side of things.

Is there anything in particular that you're worried about?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QueenBee98
Hello :smile:

I just thought I would make a post for people to 'rant' or 'vent' out their worries about university - both the subject AND the social side of things.

Is there anything in particular that you're worried about?

I've left university now but i think my main worry was that i'd get lost (my sense of direction is awful).
Reply 2
Not being able to cook for myself lol :smile:. Have a feeling I'm gonna be relying on fast food and gain soo much weight.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
I've left university now but i think my main worry was that i'd get lost (my sense of direction is awful).

Getting lost would be a nightmare :laugh: I'm sure your sense isn't that bad :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ZAYN.
Not being able to cook for myself lol :smile:. Have a feeling I'm gonna be relying on fast food and gain soo much weight.

Ah bless :smile: As long as you can cook the basics, its okay. Just focus on pasta! :nyan: just make sure that you don't do what my brother did and put it straight in the sauce rather than boiling it first :laugh: :rofl:
Getting lost would be a nightmare :laugh: I'm sure your sense isn't that bad :smile:

It really is awful ( i have a coordination disorder), luckily it only took about a month to figure out the campus and the shops so wasnt too bad.
Snobby people :afraid:

Also, time keeping
Reply 7
Ah bless :smile: As long as you can cook the basics, its okay. Just focus on pasta! :nyan: just make sure that you don't do what my brother did and put it straight in the sauce rather than boiling it first :laugh: :rofl:

I can literally cook the bear basics but after a while I'm gonna get sick of that. Also another foreseeable problem is budgeting.... might need to have like a part time job on the weekend to help me out with that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle
It really is awful ( i have a coordination disorder), luckily it only took about a month to figure out the campus and the shops so wasnt too bad.

Oh dear :-/ well, at least it didn't take too long to get used to it :smile:
Reply 9
When I started, I was worried that there would be no one looking to buy any dirt. Didn't need to worry doe; half Qs were getting shot across blocks.

Some of them were asking about brown. Are they clowns? This ain't bloody London mate.
Original post by Serine Soul
Snobby people :afraid:

Also, time keeping

:rofl: That one I can identify with
im mainly worried about being homesick but i guess everyone gets a little homesick right? just hope it doesn't do as much damage as it did my sister she was an emotional wreck after a month....
I'm worried about:

1. Getting lost
2. Horrible flat mates
3. Not making any friends
Original post by ZAYN.
I can literally cook the bear basics but after a while I'm gonna get sick of that. Also another foreseeable problem is budgeting.... might need to have like a part time job on the weekend to help me out with that.

Oh yes my parents have told me that my first 'job' is to get a job - try making spreadsheets... my friend does that and she said it has helped her quite a bit
Not making friends and relapsing with my mental health again!! And deciding it's not for me and coming home after about two weeks :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Davalla
When I started, I was worried that there would be no one looking to buy any dirt. Didn't need to worry doe; half Qs were getting shot across blocks.

Some of them were asking about brown. Are they clowns? This ain't bloody London mate.

Should I know what you mean by 'dirt'? :smile:
Original post by Jersey1993
im mainly worried about being homesick but i guess everyone gets a little homesick right? just hope it doesn't do as much damage as it did my sister she was an emotional wreck after a month....

Oh yeah that is a negative factor :-/ Ah bless her :frown:
Having bad flat mates and not liking my course.
Reply 18
Dropping out.
(I am a first year)
Loneliness

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending