The Student Room Group

Thinking of leaving Islam. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deliciously
I dont know man. I believe in God somehow. i dont know why. But religion, dont know man

If you definitely want to leave Sunni Islam, I would say look at other sects within Islam and get some personal help (face to face). If you still want to leave don't choose Sikhism! Do more research about Sikhism. I'm pretty sure directing your prayer towards an idol in order to signify God would throw you off enough.
Original post by DesiGirl31
Lol omg from Glasgow :five:

Altho! I havent read the rest of the thread but why u thinking about leaving Islam?
Have you given it thought? Have you taken time to read up on it properly?
Sometimes the things shown to us seem like through the media and stuff can divert our attention and make us believe things that arent necessarily true. Im not saying i know loads about Islam and im definitely not as knowledgable as id like to be about islam but as im trying to do is build on mu understanding. You should try and research for yourself before going to take such a big step in your life.

:h:

I have researched for 5 years now. Islam is fine but the things that puts me off is the concept of Sharia Law. It is so ****ed up!
check this out
U probably studied periodic table in school . Wht if i told u the Quran mathematically prophesied the chemical elements 1400 yrs ago.

I will post some check them out ask me questions if u dont understand.

Before viewing the pictures one needs to understand . Why chapter 57 .

1. The reason why it all starts from chapter 57 is because it is the ONLY chapter that is named after a chemical element which is Iron.

2. Every letter is from its first occurrence. So for e.g we count till when the first time the letter appears not 2nd or 3rd because then it would be classed as playing about and coincidence. So for e.g sulfur we count when the FIRST TIME S appears and so on for all of them

Now open the pics

Questions
How does the Quran know about these chemical elements when they were not even discovered at the time these are recent discoveries. Infact the name itself was used recently.

How does the Quran know about the atomic number of each element when this was again a recent discovery by scientists. All these elements the Quran mathematically mentions . The words never existed before the Quran or at the time of the Quran but recently.

remember, chemical element were not discovered nor their names were not yet invented but it seems that God knows future so put it in his book as evidence that he knows future and that book is from him
No one knew of the word lets say sulfer this is an english word which was first used 1000 yrs after the Quran and same goes for the others.
This is just the begnning ther is MUCH MORE

Lets see your responses try hard!!!!

I will show them My signs in the universe and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness? 41:53
32:2
(This is) the Revelation of the Book in which there is no doubt,- from the Lord of the Worlds.
Original post by champ_mc99
If you definitely want to leave Sunni Islam, I would say look at other sects within Islam and get some personal help (face to face). If you still want to leave don't choose Sikhism! Do more research about Sikhism. I'm pretty sure directing your prayer towards an idol in order to signify God would throw you off enough.

Maybe Ahmadiyya then, but not sure. I have done extensive research for Sufism and Ahamdiyya till now. I am gonna do some research for Shia Islam as well. But considering Iran, I am not sure whether it is much different to Sunni Islam when it comes to Religious Laws being used to govern a whole nation
I have researched for 5 years now. Islam is fine but the things that puts me off is the concept of Sharia Law. It is so ****ed up!

Yeah i just read that :colondollar:
But you cant really think about leaving islam if you dislike some aspects of it surely..
Like as u said previously to someone about the stoning and cutting hands off; i dont believe in that, yet im still muslim and trying to be a better one.
But doesnt mean that im going to think doing those things is ok. Bcos thats inhumane.
Original post by DesiGirl31
Yeah i just read that :colondollar:
But you cant really think about leaving islam if you dislike some aspects of it surely..
Like as u said previously to someone about the stoning and cutting hands off; i dont believe in that, yet im still muslim and trying to be a better one.
But doesnt mean that im going to think doing those things is ok. Bcos thats inhumane.

How can you support Islam when Islam clearly supports cutting people hands off.
Original post by muzi123
check this out
U probably studied periodic table in school . Wht if i told u the Quran mathematically prophesied the chemical elements 1400 yrs ago.

1. The reason why it all starts from chapter 57 is because it is the ONLY chapter that is named after a chemical element which is Iron.

2. Every letter is from its first occurrence. So for e.g we count till when the first time the letter appears not 2nd or 3rd because then it would be classed as playing about and coincidence. So for e.g sulfur we count when the FIRST TIME S appears and so on for all of them

Now open the pics

Questions
How does the Quran know about these chemical elements when they were not even discovered at the time these are recent discoveries. Infact the name itself was used recently.

How does the Quran know about the atomic number of each element when this was again a recent discovery by scientists. All these elements the Quran mathematically mentions . The words never existed before the Quran or at the time of the Quran but recently.

remember, chemical element were not discovered nor their names were not yet invented but it seems that God knows future so put it in his book as evidence that he knows future and that book is from him
No one knew of the word lets say sulfer this is an english word which was first used 1000 yrs after the Quran and same goes for the others.

I will show them My signs in the universe and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness? 41:53
(This is) the Revelation of the Book in which there is no doubt,- from the Lord of the Worlds.

Thats so interesting :ninja:H
Reply 87
Good luck
:smile:
He creates you, in the wombs of your mothers, in stages,one after the other, in three darknesses…
(39- The Throngs, 6)
http://www.womenshea...-pregnancy.html Pregnancy lasts about 40 weeks, counting from the first day of your last normal period. The weeks are grouped into three trimesters (TREYE-mess-turs). Find out what's happening with you and your baby in these three stages.
The three stages in question are:1- The pre-embryonic stage: This stage is called the “first trimester.” As the cells multiply, they get organized in three layers; this process takes two weeks.
2- The embryonic stage: Basic organs begin to emerge from the cell layers. This stage is referred to as the “second trimester” extending from the second week to the eighth week.
3- The fetus stage: The face, hands and feet appear and the human figure is formed. This is the “third trimester” that extends from the 8th week until birth.

This is my weakest argument . Yet How does the Quran know this?

it could be 4 5 6 2 stages but Quran is right exactly 3 . Show me this is any other book before the Quran.. At the descent of the Quran, there was no such scientific background or such instruments. Nobody of sound mind can come forward and say that the information in the Quran was a result of fortunate coincidences.
I have just joined TSR and I have never seen any type of attacks on Islam or Muslims. I have done my independent research about Islam through reading Islamic books and lectures, and I dont get my head around Shaira Law. It is cruel and vile and disgusting. No human deserved to live under such a disgusting law

Well lucky you. I'm done now, and good luck on your search for a better religion.

Also remember that you don't live under Sharia and you may not want to, but there are people who choose to live under it moving to country to do so. Don't compromise your faith and religion rather understand it, and next time you find an error don't seek comfort in the shaytans arms try the Masjid or IslamQ&A or any religious website.
Remember that Allah chose you to be muslim, there are people who search for this missing part there whole lives but you were born with it, say alhamdulliah.
Have fun love...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by muzi123
check this out

Now open the pics

Questions

I do get what you mean. However my concern is not about the authenticity of the Quran. My concern is the vile and inhumane laws that are subject to adulteresses, homosexuals, thief, and ex-Muslims

Thats all. i dont care whether Islam is compatible with science etc. Sharia Law just puts me off.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Habibananna
Well luck you. I'm done now, and good luck on your search for a better religion.

Also rememeber that you don't live under Sharia and you may not want to, but there are people who choose to live under it moving to country to do so. Don't compromise your faith and religion rather understand it, and next time you find an error don't seek comfort in the shaytans arms try the Masjid or IslamQ&A or any religious website.
Have fun love...

oki doki
Original post by muzi123
check this out

Now open the pics

Questions

(This is) the Revelation of the Book in which there is no doubt,- from the Lord
of the Worlds.

good point man :smile:
I actually wanna leave. I was born in a Sunni family and I disliked some aspects of that faith. I looked into other sects like Sufism or Ahmadiyya. I did get interested in Ahmadiyya, but I was like neehh

did you look into shia islam???
I do get what you mean. However my concern is not about the authenticity of the Quran. My concern is the vile and inhumane laws that are subject to adulteresses, homosexuals, thief, and ex-Muslims

Thats all. i dont care whether Islam is compatible with science etc. Sharia Law just puts me off.

Ohhh np

But remember if u believe in God. God doesn't send revelation that suits every human desire. Shariah law will puzzle the mind not contradict the intellect.
il pm u we can discuss . Il answer all ur questions about shariah law.
Original post by sfaraj
did you look into shia islam???

no but i am gonna but i am not too hopeful,
Maybe Ahmadiyya then, but not sure. I have done extensive research for Sufism and Ahamdiyya till now. I am gonna do some research for Shia Islam as well. But considering Iran, I am not sure whether it is much different to Sunni Islam when it comes to Religious Laws being used to govern a whole nation

Sufism is pretty much a branch of any sect but much more flexible than the wahabis. Check out sunni suffis Abdal Hakim Murad and Hamza Yusuf.
Original post by muzi123
check this out

Now open the pics

Questions

This is absolute nonsense it just is coincidence it proves nothing at all
Original post by Habibananna
Let me guess this one, please... I have to. You're life is boring, you have nothing to do and you've recently seen an abundance of hatred and bigotry towards Islam on this website.

So you comment on a few threads defending your religion and opposing questions from non-muslims here and there, but then begin to recognise what the kuffar precieve to be 'major flaws' in your religion. And because you're so westernised you eventually come round to the idea and begin to agree with them.

Then of course you want to be showered with attention, because simple you love it. You make a thread saying '...' with a little smiley face at the bottom and then proceed saying: 'ask me questions about other aspects of my life such as where I live and how old I am.'

But honestly kudos to you, you'll recieve much appreciated attention aswells as hatred towards your religion and your fellow muslims, and you'll be satisfied because you have the approval of mere humans and children on a website. Thus boosting your self worth. This is typical and extremely narcissistic and immature, also reminds me of tumblr girls who cry depression and bi-sexuality or 'pansexual' -whatever the hell that is- or cutting.

Don't compromise you're religion for human approval love, you should be seeking that from Allah; your creator. Go study, or read the Quran and hope God cures your lack of self-worth. You know, I almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

1) Don't mock girls with depression. It just makes out for you to be pathetic and insecure.

2) I'm pretty sure OP doesn't feel sorry for you considering you're blindly following something and they've actually decided to use their brains,questioned the religion and made their own choice.

3) Thank God the Quran is a work of fiction in that case sweetheart.
(edited 8 years ago)

Sharia law isn't one law. There are variations of it.

Quick Reply

Latest