This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mother falls in love with her son who she gave up for adoption 32 years ago

Scroll to see replies

Original post by donutellme
Just a note: I find it quite abhorrent.

It really is.
Original post by LittleMissMay
You people are starting to sound like bots.

You people who claim that it is wrong with no real explanation are also starting to sound like bots.
Original post by cherryred90s
I already addressed the issue of deformity, so maybe you should revert back to my previous comment.
There is no logic behind your opinions. The only somewhat valid thing you've brought up is religion and I'm religious too but we all sin, and I am nobody to judge. You can't be accepting of everything else but then turn your nose up at incestuous relationships, that wouldn't make any sense..

Lol I doubt you're religious, with that dangerously and worrying cavalier mentality you have, And I have absolutely no idea what your last sentence means considering you know nothing about what I believe. Sounds like you're an atheist lying you're religious to back me off.

It's wrong because it's wrong? :laugh:

Yep. I won't go in circles with you. Again I revert you to my post.

Calm down, dear and keep it all in one post.
So then why are you nagging.

I just kind of find your arguments lacking a strong logical basis. That's it :smile:
Anyway this is boring, and cherry just wants to fuss. I won't be taken to task for my opinion. :rolleyes:
Lol I doubt you're religious, with that dangerously and worrying cavalier mentality you have, And I have absolutely no idea what your last sentence means considering you know nothing about what I believe. Sounds like you're an atheist lying you're religious to back me off.

Yep. I won't go in circles with you. Again I revert you to my post.

Calm down, dear and keep it all in one post.

If I know nothing about what you believe, who are you to tell me what I believe?

Stop trying to revert me back to your useless post that explains nothing.

My mentality is worrying? Lol you are the one who cannot explain your reasoning properly.

Why did you quote me in the first place?
Look at this poor couple being SHUNNED by society for a simple difference in biology. People should be intrigued and fascinated by the fact that such a thing is even possible, but instead they get bombarded with hate. And for what? For committing the crime of being different. Shame on all of you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyway this is boring, and cherry just wants to fuss. I won't be taken to task for my opinion. :rolleyes:

I want to fuss? You're the one who initially quoted me in case you're forgetting.
If I know nothing about what you believe, who are you to tell me what I believe?

Stop trying to revert me back to your useless post that explains nothing.

My mentality is worrying? Lol you are the one who cannot explain your reasoning properly.

Why did you quote me in the first place?

Quoting you doesn't mean I want to fuss, lady. You're being rather choleric just because I disagree with you.

There's nothing useless about my post. I revert you to it because it quite clearly explains my issue. For the last time: My issue and most people's issue, on and off here, is that incest leads to deformity, or that it conflicts with their religious beliefs. What part do you not get and why do you need to go on like this lol And your first sentence is just...stupid.
Quoting you doesn't mean I want to fuss, lady. You're being rather choleric just because I disagree with you.

Well, your initial quote to me suggested that much.
I don't care that you disagree with me. In fact, you are the one being choleric because I disagreed with you.

There's nothing useless about my post. I revert you to it because it quite clearly explains my issue. For the last time: My issue and most people's issue, on and off here, is that incest leads to deformity, or that it conflicts with their religious beliefs. What part do you not get and why do you need to go on like this lol And your first sentence is just...stupid.

For the second time, I addressed the deformity issue. I said that incestuous couples don't have to have biological children. This deformity argument is flawed because even if they didn't want biological children, you still wouldn't agree.
Well, when I asked the other people why they disagree, they mentioned nothing about religion. Like you, they were essentially saying that it is 'wrong because it's wrong.'
I have already said to you that if you are against it because of your religion then fine, but you must be against gay/transgender couples too, right?
My first sentence was only stupid to you because you didn't understand it. Let me try and break it down for you:
You said that I know nothing about what you believe. You then said that I am not religious, and that I'm an atheist. I essentially responded by telling you that you know nothing about what I believe either, so don't tell me what my religion is.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 110
Lmao the "consenting adults" thing is so cliche, a soundbite for pseudo-intellectuals, is it?
Quote everyone else in this thread, and I mean everyone else, who is disgusted by this for due reason, instead of shooting the messenger.

And on your way there google: deformities with inbreds. Also, crack open several religious texts, too.

So homosexual incest should be legal? What does religion have to do with anything lol, please don't tell me you're using the bible or quran as your moral compass
Original post by difeo
So homosexual incest should be legal? What does religion have to do with anything lol, please don't tell me you're using the bible or quran as your moral compass

She has no basis for an argument. She should have never bothered to quote anyone.
Original post by difeo

Why are you mentioning homosexuality?
And religion has to do with it if that's why people take issue with incest obviously.
Reply 113
Why are you mentioning homosexuality?
And religion has to do with it if that's why people take issue with incest obviously.

Because they won't be having any kids that can potentially be deformed.....
Religion should play no part in lawmaking

I said that incestuous couples don't have to have biological children. This deformity argument is flawed because even if they didn't want biological children, you still wouldn't agree.
Well, when I asked the other people why they disagree, they mentioned nothing about religion. Like you, they were essentially saying that it is 'wrong because it's wrong.'
I have already said to you that if you are against it because of your religion then fine

Not that I have seen the things other people have said, but if they didn't mention religion it's most likely out of fear of the atheist brigade.

And if I don't agree with incest so what?...what is your goal, to get me to agree with it? Why? Think about what you're doing and why you're doing it, it's ridiculous.

@difeo Well obviously if they're homosexual, deformed children would be irrelevant for that particular couple :colonhash:, but inbreeding doesn't just happen because two parents are related. It is a random genetic mutation because somewhere in the genes there was inbreeding. If the inbreeding is so rife in the bloodline, then the particular incestuous couple has higher chances of their kid being deformed, but the chances for deformity are still high for that couple. So if you agree with incest, you're agreeing with those chances. If they're homosexual they're not having kids but let's say one of their parents was an incestuous heterosexual couple. They're really just increasing the chances. It's also just a taboo crossing of lines, you don't have to agree but it's something you should definitely understand.
Original post by difeo
Because they won't be having any kids that can potentially be deformed.....
Religion should play no part in lawmaking

No you're mentioning homosexuality because on the internet if you even imply the person you're quoting has an issue with homosexuals, you don't even have to make a valid point to get streams of likes on your comment :rolleyes:

And whatever about religion and laws, we're not even discussing laws. If you want to discuss your issue with religion imposition then make a thread really.
Not that I have seen the things other people have said, but if they didn't mention religion it's most likely out of fear of the atheist brigade.

And if I don't agree with incest so what?...what is your goal, to get me to agree with it? Why? Think about what you're doing and why you're doing it, it's ridiculous.

@difeo Well obviously if they're homosexual, deformed children would be irrelevant for that particular couple :colonhash:, but inbreeding doesn't just happen because two parents are related. It is a random genetic mutation because somewhere in the genes there was inbreeding. If the inbreeding is so rife in the bloodline, then the particular incestuous couple has higher chances of their kid being deformed, but the chances for deformity are still high for that couple. So if you agree with incest, you're agreeing with those chances. If they're homosexual they're not having kids but let's say one of their parents was an incestuous heterosexual couple. They're really just increasing the chances. It's also just a taboo crossing of lines, you don't have to agree but it's something you should definitely understand.

Oh wow. I should be asking you that. What was your 'goal' for quoting me? I would have never said a word to you had you not quoted me.
If you go and reread your other comments on this thread, you'll know what ridiculous really means.
You keep bringing up this argument about deformity and inbreeding. Like I said, what if, by some miracle, they don't want to have children? (Many couples do not want children) or what if they decide to get sterilised because they recognise that they could potentially produce a child with deformities? Would you agree with incest in this instance? No. So stop using this as an argument.
Lol I don't know what you would've never done.

I won't feel any qualms or regret in quoting someone in a thread, like really lady?

Ok you think I'm ridiculous, moving on.

Yes because those are my reasons for being against incest, problem? I mean lol

Yes it would be a miracle if they don't want children, an understandable miracle. Most people will want kids though so let's go with if they do want children, then there is a high chance of deformity.

You keep asking all these what ifs like I'm a priest and I am going by the common scenario:
an incestuous couple wants kids and has them and they might be deformed or very confused.

Again I disagree with a totally avoidable situation like this, and so what?

You haven't provided any reasons why you think it's right lol your reasons is pointing out what you call flaws in my belief, which is cool I never claimed to be perfect or an encyclopaedia on incest.

Lol oh no I won't be stopping anything just because you are annoyed that I believe something you don't.
And you keep using me quoting you as an excuse for why you're being melodramatic. Excuse me for clicking the quote button on a thread lol

Oh wow. I should be asking you that. What was your 'goal' for quoting me? I would have never said a word to you had you not quoted me.
If you go and reread your other comments on this thread, you'll know what ridiculous really means.
You keep bringing up this argument about deformity and inbreeding. Like I said, what if, by some miracle, they don't want to have children? (Many couples do not want children) or what if they decide to get sterilised because they recognise that they could potentially produce a child with deformities? Would you agree with incest in this instance? No. So stop using this as an argument.
Lol I don't know what you would've never done.

I won't feel any qualms or regret in quoting someone in a thread, like really lady?

Ok you think I'm ridiculous, moving on.

Yes because those are my reasons for being against incest, problem? I mean lol

Yes it would be a miracle if they don't want children, an understandable miracle. Most people will want kids though so let's go with if they do want children, then there is a high chance of deformity.

You keep asking all these what ifs like I'm a priest and I am going by the common scenario:
an incestuous couple wants kids and has them and they might be deformed or very confused.

Again I disagree with a totally avoidable situation like this, and so what?

You haven't provided any reasons why you think it's right lol your reasons is pointing out what you call flaws in my belief, which is cool I never claimed to be perfect or an encyclopaedia on incest.

Lol oh no I won't be stopping anything just because you are annoyed that I believe something you don't.
And you keep using me quoting you as an excuse for why you're being melodramatic. Excuse me for clicking the quote button on a thread lol

You don't have any reasons though lol. You have said NOTHING of value, can't you see that? You asked me what my goal is when you're the one who initially quoted me. What was your goal? Did you not think that I would respond with reasons as to why your statements are flawed? If you didn't want to be criticised for those flawed comments, you should never have quoted me. That is my point.
I was being sarcastic,because it wouldn't be a miracle at all. You keep assuming that every couple wants children, and that isn't the case. Everything you've said is on the basis of children. You fail to mention that there are other ways to have children, not everyone has biological children.
You're not going by the common scenario. You're going by the only scenario that you can argue against. Even if they had deformed children, what does it have to do with you? Surely it's their problem, not yours. I'm sure they are aware of the risk and accepted it. Are you against disabled people having children?
You're not against incest because it can produce children that are deformed. You are against incest because we are taught that it's wrong, well, what makes it so wrong? What people do behind closed doors has no effect on us. Is homosexuality wrong? Is being transgender wrong? Most people would say no because as a society, we openly and collectively accept it.
I've never said that its right, but I've never said that its wrong. I believe that if two adults feel a genuine connection to one another and they are happy, they should be together if they want to.
Ok, now... stop fighting, kiss and make up.

Latest

Trending

Trending