The Student Room Group

Thinking of leaving Islam. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deliciously
Dude! I know all of these arguments. But I dont believe in them

I believe in freedom and equality. I believe a person should be able to drink alcohol without any fear whatsoever. I believe a person should be able to have sex before marriage without getting punished. And I believe two men should be able to hold hands and kiss in public.

I know you are trying, but I dont believe in this restrictive society where someone needs to express his love in private.

:smile:

U know even in America u cant drink in public in certain states. SO they have no freedom aswell right?

A person can have sex before marriage without getting punished by doing it private not public. Which guy would want to have sex in public. U can get introuble for havin sex in public in the UK. So wheres the freedom of sex in public?

Islam says u have to hide the sin of ur brother n sister n u cant spy. So Islamically a man isnt to be lashed for sex before marriage ONLY if he is caught PUBLICLY.

Ok u believe 2 men can kiss in public . If i wasnt a Muslim i would still agree a Man n Woman kissing in public is morally wrong . In many non muslim countries kissing in public is not allowed aswell such as India.
Original post by hezzlington
No, those were rhetorical questions.

Infact, I'm not surprised whatsoever.

Alright, then. :tongue:
I cant pray to a God who has ordered his people to stone each other

Looks like you have already made up your mind tbh. I'll pray for you iA, stay happy :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
Alright, then. :tongue:

Can't say what I really think, can I..

People on TSR go in on eachother on their political belief, can't really do the same with religious beliefs without possibly risk being banned.

:rolleyes:
Original post by muzi123
Islamically if u forgive the theif he is forgiven no penalty is 2 be applied. Same for murderer . However, in the west if u commit murder ur in jail for life. If u commit theft no mercy . But Islam has tht mercy .

Islam and mercy do not go hand in hand. you stone and kill people for being gay or having a differing opinion, apostasy can be punished with death.
Murder is not always jail for life, parole can be granted, if you commit theft there are varying sentences that are fair for the type of theft.

but they are two things that are wrong in most situations but you punish silly things like being gay or drinking? so ask again who is merciful
Can't say what I really think, can I..

People on TSR go in on eachother on their political belief, can't really do the same with religious beliefs without possibly risk being banned.

:rolleyes:

I think you get a few free tries (as long as it's not too extreme). After that, the mass-reporting squad of a certain TSR religious society will take great pains to ensure that no minor infraction goes unpunished. :rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
I think you get a few free tries (as long as it's not too extreme). After that, the mass-reporting squad of a certain TSR religious society will take great pains to ensure that no minor infraction goes unpunished. :rolleyes:

They actually do this? Wow.

Spoiler

Original post by Habibananna
Thanks for reminding me, I was actually just about to leave. Oh and on that note, don't forget your scheduled for daily cutting in the shower, because you simply had enough of life and you just want to end it all...Oops did I spill the blood. Get it? Blood...beans ha. Anyways that's it for today I have to go now, have fun love.

werent u gonna leave:eyeball::eyeball::eyeball::eyeball::eyeball::eyeball:
They actually do this? Wow.

Spoiler

:yep:

Best to stop talking about it now. Some sad kid in his pyjamas is most likely going through my post history as we speak. :tongue:
Reply 129
So you do actually believe in Allah?
Original post by AperfectBalance
Islam and mercy do not go hand in hand. you stone and kill people for being gay or having a differing opinion, apostasy can be punished with death.
Murder is not always jail for life, parole can be granted, if you commit theft there are varying sentences that are fair for the type of theft.

but they are two things that are wrong in most situations but you punish silly things like being gay or drinking? so ask again who is merciful

U are wrong

Before even responding when u raise these points u know nearly all these points raised against Islam can be thrown at Judaism and Christianity.

U knw the Bible says stone any1 hu commits adultery, Kill apostates, kill homosexuals. Why do u always point the finger on Islam .

Well In Islam a poor person hand is never cut off. Also, if u forgive then punishment will not be implemented. A Muslim understands it from this point. Them hands are NOT YOURS TO BEGIN WITH ITS A GIFT FROM GOD . SO IF GOD WANTS SOMEONE HAND OFF WHO ARE U 2 COMPLAIN ? . Them hands r a gift from God they are not yours.

I was literally pissing myself laughing reading his garbage hahaha.
Original post by muzi123
U are wrong

Before even responding when u raise these points u know nearly all these points raised against Islam can be thrown at Judaism and Christianity.

U knw the Bible says stone any1 hu commits adultery, Kill apostates, kill homosexuals. Why do u always point the finger on Islam .

Well In Islam a poor person hand is never cut off. Also, if u forgive then punishment will not be implemented. A Muslim understands it from this point. Them hands are NOT YOURS TO BEGIN WITH ITS A GIFT FROM GOD . SO IF GOD WANTS SOMEONE HAND OFF WHO ARE U 2 COMPLAIN ? . Them hands r a gift from God they are not yours.

Read Hebrews 8, 1 to 13 and stop rambling like an idiot.
Original post by Whiggy
So you do actually believe in Allah?

Maybe but not in religion. So yeahh..
Original post by muzi123
U are wrong

Firstly could you actually speak properly as it makes your point seem less valid.

Yep I will agree with you in Judaism and Christianity these points are made but in modern christianity we are far more tolerant, while there are some that still want gays to be killed or imprisoned it is far far rarer than islam, where most if not all of the countries support it.

We dont cut off hands or even kill people anymore so please do not make it seem like Islam is better than Christianity.
Firstly could you actually speak properly as it makes your point seem less valid.

Yep I will agree with you in Judaism and Christianity these points are made but in modern christianity we are far more tolerant, while there are some that still want gays to be killed or imprisoned it is far far rarer than islam, where most if not all of the countries support it.

We dont cut off hands or even kill people anymore so please do not make it seem like Islam is better than Christianity.

Becaus u Christians are embarrassed of the old testament . U are embarrassed of Gods book . So u are saying as a Christian Gods book is outdated right?

Muslims are not embarrassed of shariah law.
Original post by muzi123
Becaus u Christians are embarrassed of the old testament . U are embarrassed of Gods book . So u are saying as a Christian Gods book is outdated right?

Yes , thats why they tend to avoid questions on British Television when asked about it. Have you ever seen The Big Question.
Original post by muzi123

That is the problem. all sensible Christians have gone wait that is a bit extreme maybey we should not do that. and we have stopped. I am not a christian but most think that the ideals are either outdated or wrong.

You not being embarrassed is a big problem. you are just in denial
That is the problem. all sensible Christians have gone wait that is a bit extreme maybey we should not do that. and we have stopped. I am not a christian but most think that the ideals are either outdated or wrong.

You not being embarrassed is a big problem. you are just in denial

A lot of Muslims disagree with Sharia Law inside, but they force themselves to agree with it. A lot of them are simply in denial. Sad but true
A lot of Muslims disagree with Sharia Law inside, but they force themselves to agree with it. A lot of them are simply in denial. Sad but true

Yeah, I hope that is true, as always when I say Islam or Muslims I dont mean every single one. but the fact that very few openly fight back is worrying

Quick Reply

Latest