The Student Room Group

How do you make your tea?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Tea is an art.

It sure ****ing is but geez lol
Only a savage puts milk before water.
water then milk makes more sense to me.
First, place water, sugar and teabags in a pot and leave to boil. After a couple of minutes when the water starts bubbling, add milk and again leave to boil. When the tea starts rising turn the fire down so that it doesnt overflow and you can leave the tea to brew properly.

Takes about 15 mins to make it properly but it tastes so much better than normal tea. After growing up drinking tea made like this, British tea just tastes so rubbish. No offence
Original post by surina16
Generally curious.

I take it fairly strong, if it's cold out on the farm I take it extra strong - which means leaving in the tea bag.
Normally it's just:
1. Tea bag in mug
2. Hot water in
3. Stir for about a minute
4. Add a decent bit o' milk
5. Drink :wink:

Note, though, that the Irish are noted for drinking their tea strong and with lots of milk.

We also drink loads of tea. There is no country in the entire world that drinks as much tea per capita as Ireland. On average, Irish people drink four cups of tea a day and some drink six or more.

One day we didn't have any bottled water so I literally just drank tea the whole day - it's about 10 miles down the mountain to the shops in town - so I'm guessing I drank about 13, 14 cups of tea?
:s-smilie:

NB If you've tea leaves then you put the milk in first.
Reply 45
Original post by Serine Soul
What

kreb cycle :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Reply 46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtK_vfp8po8 this explains it, but i put the sugar after the milk and taking out the tea bag
Original post by undercxver
Who does milk then water? :lolwut:

That doesn't even brew the tea.

Exactly lol 😂😂
Original post by stefano865
Milk then water.

Sometimes a 1/4 teaspoon of sugar if I'm feeling naughty. :teehee:

Jheez calm down with the sugar!! 😂😂
One taebag in a cup,
then add suga
Afterwards add some wateu
And then stir
Add myork/miik

Enjoy with a kookie, :smile:
Original post by zXcodeXz

Why would you need sugar?
Original post by DMcGovern
Why would you need sugar?

It's preference some people like it with sugar and some don't.
Love my tea, until i put too much sugar and it tastes like sh*t
Water first, then (optionally) milk.
Original post by zXcodeXz

Anything more than half a teaspoon ruins it.

:wink:
Boil water
Teabag
In with water wait a short while
In with milk

Except I just had it with a lot less strength and no milk... Waiting on mum to bring milk and save the day.
I'm a disappointment to my family as I don't drink tea - I only drink coffee. :tongue:

But even so, it has been drilled into my brain that you NEVER EVER put milk before water. And if you do you are nothing but a subversive anti-establishment imbecile with no manners. Apparently. My genes must be wonky as I can't stand the thing, whether you put milk or water first. Coffee is my drink hands down.
Original post by stefano865
Anything more than half a teaspoon ruins it.

:wink:

Yeah true I keep mine the same as well
Depends.

If I just want a normal cup of tea, I take a mug, put in a tea bag, 1/4 of a teaspoon of brown sugar, put milk in the mug - just a bit more than 1/4, put it into the microwave and take it out as soon as it begins to bubble and rise. I then mix it around until I get my desired tea colour and pour in the water.

Occassionally (like once a month) when I can be bothered, I make masala chai on the cooker.

I don't even like tea that much. It's all about coffee.
By not making and having some Irn Bru instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest