The Student Room Group

Aqa triple science *official thread* *2016* (gcse)

Scroll to see replies

How much do you guys revise for science?
Original post by Dizgurl
Really? Not one? When are you planning to start?

Not one, when I've learnt the course for most things ahahah, like a week or a few days before the exam maximum
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Not one, when I've learnt the course for most things ahahah, like a week or a few days before the exam maximum

Ah okay....when's your first exam? I feel like you've told me this before but i forgot hahah :tongue:
Original post by Dizgurl
Ah okay....when's your first exam? I feel like you've told me this before but i forgot hahah :tongue:

3rd of May :frown:, English Language. It'll be fine, I probs won't end up doing all. I might just look at the mark schemes. It's hard to revise 24 exams :/ lol. I might do maths earlier tho
Original post by homeland.lsw
:banana: GCSE SCIENCE THREAD! :banana:
Hey guys!
I decided it was best to create one of these threads as we are ever closer to starting our exams!
:party:

Ok a recap of our exams
So we have 9 written exams, three for Chemistry, three for physics and three for biology.
Here is the specification for Chemistry, Biology and Physics :h:

:eek: Important Dates :eek:

Biology B1: 17th May 2016 (PM)
Biology B2: 10th June 2016 (AM)
Biology B3: 10th June 2016 (AM)

Chemistry C1: 19th May 2016 (AM)
Chemistry C2: 15th June 2016 (PM)
Chemistry C3: 15th June 2016 (PM)

Physics P1: 25th May 2016 (PM)
Physics P2: 17th June 2016 (AM)
Physics P3: 17th June 2016 (AM)

:s-smilie:This thread:s-smilie:

Here you can ask any questions, whether it is about the exams, or the content...I would be happy to help! :biggrin:

We can also post any predictions on what we think will come up in the exams!

:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:

Resources
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse <-------------- Link for past papers...
http://pastpapers.org/aqa-past-papers <----------- Old spec Past Papers, very useful for finding interesting questions!

I'm most scared about p2.. my worst chapteris currents, circuits and learning all the circuit symbols (eg for a light emitting diode) is going to take a long time. I also have to learn a lot of equations and the life cycle of stars. c3 is going to take a long time as well as we have to learn all the different colours for testing for positive irons and properties of alcohols, esters etc. etc. I'm scared about physics and chemistry the most as I find titration calculations extremely hard. Ive just finished my notes and am planning on starting past papers on Monday. Have I left it too late? and how do I do the past papers?
3rd of May :frown:, English Language. It'll be fine, I probs won't end up doing all. I might just look at the mark schemes. It's hard to revise 24 exams :/ lol. I might do maths earlier tho

24! gosh that would be hard :frown: What exam board for maths? Lol sorry I'm asking too many questions :oops:
Reply 46
I got another question let's say I got D in the exam and my ISA is at an A what would my overall grade be? (Please be a B)
Original post by 0lut0
I got another question let's say I got D in the exam and my ISA is at an A what would my overall grade be? (Please be a B)

The ISA only counts for 25% of the grade, so your overall grade will probably not be a B... I think more around a C?
Original post by 0lut0

If it's a high D and a high A, like a mark off a C and A* respectively, you might get at the best, an extremely low B, but more likely a C
does anyone know where to get mygcsescience videos from? My current source got taken down and they help me a lot. or any good alternatives? Ive found someone who does 1 minute science videos,, they are good for explaining but I don't know how good for the exam since there only a minute long. any good alternatives?
Original post by Dizgurl
24! gosh that would be hard :frown: What exam board for maths? Lol sorry I'm asking too many questions :oops:

I don't mind :smile:. I'm on edexcel! Which I think is easier than AQA( I might be wrong) but I quite like this exam board.
I don't mind :smile:. I'm on edexcel! Which I think is easier than AQA( I might be wrong) but I quite like this exam board.

Oh yay, I'm on the same exam board! We can talk through the paper like we did for stats ahah.
Original post by Dizgurl
Oh yay, I'm on the same exam board! We can talk through the paper like we did for stats ahah.

Oh you are on edexcel ? I thought you said you were on AQA :smile:. That's great then... although I've done less revision for this than stats lol.

How many past papers have you done?
Oh you are on edexcel ? I thought you said you were on AQA :smile:. That's great then... although I've done less revision for this than stats lol.

How many past papers have you done?

I've done the 2012 ones and some of the 2013 ones :smile:
Reply 54
Do you think drugs will come up as the 6 marker in B1? I really hope it doesn't because I hate that topic :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is further additional straight after additional for all sciences?? I'm not sure I can handle that *wipes sweat from brow*

Also, anyone else in the same boat as me? We still haven't finished our Chemistry course (still have two topics left) but most of Further Additional has been really vaguely taught to us. Slightly panicky right now. :colondollar:
Reply 56
Original post by katerebecca
Is further additional straight after additional for all sciences?? I'm not sure I can handle that *wipes sweat from brow*

Also, anyone else in the same boat as me? We still haven't finished our Chemistry course (still have two topics left) but most of Further Additional has been really vaguely taught to us. Slightly panicky right now. :colondollar:

hello,
we were told that there would be a 10-20 min break between the two exams as the examiners have to set up the exam papers and stuff like that :smile:
Reply 57
Can anyone explain terminal velocity to me for P2 and Electromagnets/ the motor effect for P3 please?
Thankss
Original post by Ms A
Can anyone explain terminal velocity to me for P2 and Electromagnets/ the motor effect for P3 please?
Thankss

Ok terminal velocity. Is it ok if I use the parachutist example?
Original post by 0lut0

It might be a B or even a C
Last year in biology i got three As and a B in my ISA and a B overall :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending