The Student Room Group

PGCE student wondering if I can transfer degree

Hello,

I have a bit of a query/dilemma on my hands.

I started a PGCE in September last year and I had to defer in February of this year. I've started to have a think about whether I would like to return to this particular institution and I am currently unsure. I was wondering if I would be able to transfer the degree to another institution? Has anyone done this? Or tried to do it? Has it been successful?

I would also be very open to advice as to how to proceed with this because if I return to this institution, I don't have to do the assignment and I just have to attend lectures on one day. Whereas if I go to a different institution, I will be expected to attend all lectures, do assignments and link visits too.

So I'm a bit stuck, should I stick with institution one or should I find a new university to study at?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Original post by GKS20690
Hello,

I have a bit of a query/dilemma on my hands.

I started a PGCE in September last year and I had to defer in February of this year. I've started to have a think about whether I would like to return to this particular institution and I am currently unsure. I was wondering if I would be able to transfer the degree to another institution? Has anyone done this? Or tried to do it? Has it been successful?

I would also be very open to advice as to how to proceed with this because if I return to this institution, I don't have to do the assignment and I just have to attend lectures on one day. Whereas if I go to a different institution, I will be expected to attend all lectures, do assignments and link visits too.

So I'm a bit stuck, should I stick with institution one or should I find a new university to study at?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I think you should stay where you are as transferring could be pretty difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending