The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
In that age range.

I'm sure you'll get better soon unless your heart isn't in it..

Aw thank you it is true that I must discover myself. I'm feeling low in life so maybe that is it. I'll Find myself soon one day.

Original post by Boss_Rhythm

Bingo. So how old are you then?
Bingo. So how old are you then?

13............... BRAH! What did I saaaaayyy?
Please don't tell me to go pray. The only thing I do is eat halal meat but I feel as if I'm slipping away from my beliefs. Anyone else like that?

Don't stay with that certain belief then if you don't believe
13............... BRAH! What did I saaaaayyy?

I was 13 about 5 years ago in 2011 lol. I feel old.

Original post by zXcodeXz
Don't stay with that certain belief then if you don't believe

I didn't say I don't believe - I just said I'm going through a point in my life where perhaps I've questioned my faith. A lot of Muslims go through it.

I didn't say I don't believe - I just said I'm going through a point in my life where perhaps I've questioned my faith. A lot of Muslims go through it.

Well...yeah even I've questioned it

Questioning your faith is key..... It helps you see the truth in Islam! That's why I commented on your thread... Last year (2015) at one point I was questioning. But I found my answer, Allah gave it to me. You are just a late bloomer, nothing bad
Questioning your faith is key..... It helps you see the truth in Islam! That's why I commented on your thread... Last year (2015) at one point I was questioning. But I found my answer, Allah gave it to me. You are just a late bloomer, nothing bad

I know, your wise for a little kid. :biggrin:. Hey aren't you the dude who was gonna snitch on his mate?
I know, your wise for a little kid. :biggrin:. Hey aren't you the dude who was gonna snitch on his mate?

For smoking weed? That was a joke! :biggrin:
Reply 209
x

Hi, I used to be a devout Muslim and I was brought up as one. There are strong personal reasons why I left Islam which I can't go into but I don't resent my upbringing.

I also have absolutely nothing against the religion or Muslims, they are kind people and there are plenty of good things in the religion.

I've been an ex-Muslim for nearly 3 years now. If I was to identify with any label, it would be ex-Muslim not 'atheist' not 'no religion'. My family are all Muslims but I still haven't come out to them yet.

I'm happy to answer any of your questions about what it's like to leave Islam.
For smoking weed? That was a joke! :biggrin:

You shouldn't know about weed. Your little..

Original post by xylas
Hi, I used to be a devout Muslim and I was brought up as one. There are strong personal reasons why I left Islam which I can't go into but I don't resent my upbringing.

I also have absolutely nothing against the religion or Muslims, they are kind people and there are plenty of good things in the religion.

I've been an ex-Muslim for nearly 3 years now. If I was to identify with any label, it would be ex-Muslim not 'atheist' not 'no religion'. My family are all Muslims but I still haven't come out to them yet.

I'm happy to answer any of your questions about what it's like to leave Islam.

Aw thank you. I'm sure it wasn't easier and I admire you sharing this with everyone. Everyone has their own views on beliefs and it's about time people stop preaching them forcefully on others.
Reply 211
You shouldn't know about weed. Your little..

Aw thank you. I'm sure it wasn't easier and I admire you sharing this with everyone. Everyone has their own views on beliefs and it's about time people stop preaching them forcefully on others.

Yeah :smile: if u don't mind I notice you saying you felt low. That also happened to me a couple of years ago. It is hard to doubt something that you grew up with and there is no way round it you just have to tough it out; whether you're able to get past these doubts or, like me, go through quite a large ideological shift instead.

I'm still pretty much exactly the same person though. I believe that people basically stay the same after adolescence, and it is very difficult indeed to go against the tide of one's upbringing.
Original post by xylas
Yeah :smile: if u don't mind I notice you saying you felt low. That also happened to me a couple of years ago. It is hard to doubt something that you grew up with and there is no way round it you just have to tough it out; whether you're able to get past these doubts or, like me, go through quite a large ideological shift instead.

I'm still pretty much exactly the same person though. I believe that people basically stay the same after adolescence, and it is very difficult indeed to go against the tide of one's upbringing.

Great insight and I do agree with your points. If your heart isn't in it then there is no point denying it and pretending to be ok with it. It's difficult but people need to accept that tines are moving forward and people are becoming differently involved in their religion. No need to judge others when you aren't perfect yourself, I hate people like that.
Reply 213
Great insight and I do agree with your points. If your heart isn't in it then there is no point denying it and pretending to be ok with it. It's difficult but people need to accept that tines are moving forward and people are becoming differently involved in their religion. No need to judge others when you aren't perfect yourself, I hate people like that.

Leave judging to the judges. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by xylas
Leave judging to the judges. Best of luck :smile:

Haha that is true, best of luck to you too my lovely!
Reply 215
Me, I, non religious muslim :smile: I prefer halal and would eat halal, but I sometimes eat at nandos :smile:
Im a muslim who isnt very religious.
I used to be very very religious. However, I wanted to change because I felt really restricted.
I want to enjoy myself now which I didnt do much before. I have also been going through a bit of depression problems because I was too religious and didn't focus on my worldly career/driving pursuits.
Now I can do whatever I want. I can eat at nandos, KFC halal, Dixy chicken, etc. I can also go out and enjoy myself without anxiety.
If you look at my last topic thread posted, you'll know why. Things weren't going well. Just want my confidence back.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lNurl
Me, I, non religious muslim :smile: I prefer halal and would eat halal, but I sometimes eat at nandos :smile:

Nandos is halal is it not? Lots of Muslims in my area eat at nandos :smile:

I guess it depends on area ofc

Completely random question but I'm curious: if a man stood before you and said he was God, and gave life to the dead right in front of you and made the rain fall from the sky on a clear sunny day and performed tonnes of miracles that you observed with your own eyes, would you accept that he's God? :holmes: I'm wondering what it would take for you to believe
Reply 219
Original post by chemting
Nandos is halal is it not? Lots of Muslims in my area eat at nandos :smile:

I guess it depends on area ofc

I know for sure in my area it's not halal :smile:

Quick Reply