The Student Room Group

Be honest are you a geek?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Souljer
I have to admit it now tbh, Ive come to the realisation Im a big geek, Id rather study than go out or take part in leisure activities I find enjoyment in learning new things and gaining new qualifications. Anyone else as nerdy as me? Thing is Im not even smart when it comes to maths etc but Im a big computer nerd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are not alone :biggrin: I studied news thing completely crazy during my holiday but I don't think It will be usefull in my life :u:

I am like that and I can't really change .
I'm far from a geeky student. Rn wishing I was because #ExamSeason :colonhash:
Im a motorsport geek. Im always looking up historical events and learning new things about it and i love it!
Apart from that, no.
Idk I'm kinda caught between.

I enjoy hanging out with people and stuff but I enjoy some aspects of studying and think knowledge/learning is really cooolll.

But I'm not like hardcore or anythijng so idk maybe im jus a slight bit of a nerd.
Original post by homeland.lsw
I don't think so...:s-smilie:

Spoiler

Err yeah. I'm a geek. Isn't it fashionable to be a geek these days? ....I'll go with whatever is fashionable.
Im a geek.

I paint warhammer, i collect transformers, i watch star wars, i read comics etc etc.

And im damn proud of it
Well, I'm not studious, but I'm into the geeky type of things like comics, anime, tabletop RPGs, building PCs etc.
Reply 28
Do you have to be smart to be a geek? :colondollar:
Original post by Souljer
I have to admit it now tbh, Ive come to the realisation Im a big geek, Id rather study than go out or take part in leisure activities I find enjoyment in learning new things and gaining new qualifications. Anyone else as nerdy as me? Thing is Im not even smart when it comes to maths etc but Im a big computer nerd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here I'd rather study than excersise as well
:colondollar:i guess.
If there wasn't any exams at all I'd probably spend a lot of my time doing further reading.
I'd get bored of films, lazying around, going out, etc very quickly.
Knowledge is power and all that. :tongue:
I only work when I need to, so no.
No, I hate studying. Apparently I'm a nerd though, because I play the cello lol
Original post by silverbolt
Im a geek.

I paint warhammer, i collect transformers, i watch star wars, i read comics etc etc.

And im damn proud of it

Poor sod :frown:
Definitely not.
I do study a lot but I'd rather do other things tbf
I'll be honest with you... You're not a geek.

I'm not a geek.

There are lots of geeks on here... Home truth.
Considering 90% of my 18th birthday presents were stationery (and I'm not even exaggerating) I'd say definitely :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geek?

no, it doesn't suit me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I enjoy stuff that some people might think is geeky but like the people above, I don't really do work when I don't have to and I am a really lazy person.

Quick Reply

Latest