The Student Room Group

Did/will you get a job for the summer after GCSEs?

I'm wondering if I should keep my job through the summer or not. I started it recently and I really don't like it, and although I don't really need the money for anything (my parents are helping with university costs and I never buy anything so I've got a load to help out) I guess it's good experience.

I'd feel a bit lazy and less prepared than everyone else if I stopped it though. Had anyone else gone through the GCSE summer without a job?
you need something to keep you busy in the summer unless you're going abroad oe already have other plans. the summer after exams is always LONG lol
I volunteered for a month, at a primary school, which I really enjoyed:biggrin:

Original post by samina_ay
you need something to keep you busy in the summer unless you're going abroad oe already have other plans. the summer after exams is always LONG lol

Idk some people can spend weeks just sitting there... I mean, youtube:colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Sint
I'm wondering if I should keep my job through the summer or not. I started it recently and I really don't like it, and although I don't really need the money for anything (my parents are helping with university costs and I never buy anything so I've got a load to help out) I guess it's good experience.

I'd feel a bit lazy and less prepared than everyone else if I stopped it though. Had anyone else gone through the GCSE summer without a job?

I didn't get a job because I knew I would keep it on during Y12, which I really wouldn't want.

Remember you don't have to do things every day! I did a one day out/one day in thing, which worked pretty well. I also had a total of 4 weeks away from home so that helped!
Reply 4
Original post by Sint

Nope once I finish my gcses I plan on watching films, music, games and fun also going on holiday with my parents.
Reply 5
I worked in like a factory place the Summer after my GCSEs which I hated but eh money.
I only got a job towards the end of the summer and wish I had gotten one sooner. It was only a couple of days a week, but at least it kept me occupied for a bit, and also gave me the money to go and do stuff on the other days. Last year when I was in year 12 I had to give up work because of health reasons and it was honestly the most boring few months of my life. I challenge you to sit and watch youtube all day and not get bored. I binge watched shows on Netflix all day long and while I enjoyed the shows I was always desperate to be doing something else, but I didn't have the money too.
No, I did nnotbut I wish I started looking at least.
i have a job now for throughout GCSE's and I'm planning to stay with it during summer (and beyond), the summer is going to be over 2 months you're going to get bored not doing anything
Original post by caitlinford3
i have a job now for throughout GCSE's and I'm planning to stay with it during summer (and beyond), the summer is going to be over 2 months you're going to get bored not doing anything

Pst....Me??....Bored!?

Challenge accepted.
Original post by Bulletzone
Pst....Me??....Bored!?

Challenge accepted.

Haha, I say the same but every summer I get bored as hell
Keep it, if you want to enjoy the summer then just ask for less hours. Trust me, when you go to sixth form/college/whatever you will want a job! Like I know someone who worked through the summer after GCSEs and then bought herself a car, lessons and insurance as soon as she hit 17 as she has the money.

Quick Reply

Latest