The Student Room Group

40 days till my exams

AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BRICKING IT!!!!!

I HAVEN'T STARTED MY REVISION (I DO ART, MATHS, HISTORY AND ENGLISH)

I'm planning to learn my content until 2 weeks before the exam, then start doing past papers.

Can I still do well?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*screams for eternity on your behalf*
If you make a good start on your revision now and stick at it, you should still be able to get good grades :smile:
Reply 3
Ah you are scaring me
Original post by anon_98
*screams for eternity on your behalf*
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
If you make a good start on your revision now and stick at it, you should still be able to get good grades :smile:

Okay thank you I needed that!! I have given up my phone for good!! I'M SURE I CAN STICK TO MY PLAN I HOPE
Original post by maccaism

I'm planning to learn my content until 2 weeks before the exam, then start doing past papers.

Can I still do well?

You can do well depending on how hard you worked through the year. I started revising for my AS and A2 around 2 weeks before my exams started but did a solid 12-16 hours revision a day so managed to cover everything, do every question I could find and I did well! Start now! :smile:
Reply 6
Ah you are scaring me

Why haven't you started revising yet? :curious: Maybe in order to begin you need to be a little scared.

*continues screaming*

In all seriousness, I'm sure if you start + fully focus now then you'll be perfectly fine. :smile: You've still got time, just stop wasting it and yes, you will hopefully do great. :five:
as shia labeouf once said ''some people dream of success while you're gonna wake up and work hard at it, nothing is impossible'' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

honestly, two weeks just before before the exam may be a tad bit late - i would say to finish learning all your content a month before your first exam :-)

it's managable!! wake up early and start revision rather than continuing after midnight as you're more alert.
we take two of the same subjects which is maths and history :biggrin:

so for maths i would recommend learning most of the content (C1 + C2 + S1) a month before and from there just do past papers and for history go through the syllabus and don't make detailed notes.... yes i know that sounds weird but KEY POINTS stick into your head rather than looooooong paragraphs. I would also recommend learning the structure of how to write an answer

good luck!! may the odds be ever in your favour :-)
Reply 8
Original post by Anon_98
Why haven't you started revising yet? :curious: Maybe in order to begin you need to be a little scared.

*continues screaming*

In all seriousness, I'm sure if you start + fully focus now then you'll be perfectly fine. :smile: You've still got time, just stop wasting it and yes, you will hopefully do great. :five:

okay so i started revising in january i finished history revision, a bit of maths and like 1 topic of english! ABSOLUTELY CRAP!!! but i guess it's cos I thought I had some time left, and now I realised I shouldn't have started too early.

phew thank you, I plan to dedicate my life for the month.
giving my soul up to the devil that is revision
Original post by preetg97
You can do well depending on how hard you worked through the year. I started revising for my AS and A2 around 2 weeks before my exams started but did a solid 12-16 hours revision a day so managed to cover everything, do every question I could find and I did well! Start now! :smile:

may i ask what grade you got at the end? :-)
Same 40 days until my maths exam and I'm so scared and nervous I'm so sure I can't do all the work and revision before the exams I'm so not ready. Good luck.
Reply 11
Original post by patronusleviosa
as shia labeouf once said ''some people dream of success while you're gonna wake up and work hard at it, nothing is impossible'' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

honestly, two weeks just before before the exam may be a tad bit late - i would say to finish learning all your content a month before your first exam :-)

it's managable!! wake up early and start revision rather than continuing after midnight as you're more alert.
we take two of the same subjects which is maths and history :biggrin:

so for maths i would recommend learning most of the content (C1 + C2 + S1) a month before and from there just do past papers and for history go through the syllabus and don't make detailed notes.... yes i know that sounds weird but KEY POINTS stick into your head rather than looooooong paragraphs. I would also recommend learning the structure of how to write an answer

good luck!! may the odds be ever in your favour :-)

I do AQA history!! do you? I don't learn by making notes, I can only memorise the text book. Which i've done for one of the books and i did half of the other, so when people say a topic i instantly get reminded of what i memorised.
i'm starting tomorrow with my maths revision. wish me luck
Reply 12

Can I still do well?

Are you doing AS english language?
okay so i started revising in january i finished history revision, a bit of maths and like 1 topic of english! ABSOLUTELY CRAP!!! but i guess it's cos I thought I had some time left, and now I realised I shouldn't have started too early.

phew thank you, I plan to dedicate my life for the month.
giving my soul up to the devil that is revision

Last year I revised for probably around 4 days (very bad revision, no past papers, just memorising) before my history exam and ended up with a C in both exams (DO NOT DO THAT, I'M AN IDIOT! I let myself become ridiculously stressed and that is why I'm re-sitting this year XD). But if 4 days was enough to get a C :redface: and you have more time than that, so I promise you can get a very good grade. Just focus hard and work you socks off.
Reply 14
Original post by Aaliyah.97
Same 40 days until my maths exam and I'm so scared and nervous I'm so sure I can't do all the work and revision before the exams I'm so not ready. Good luck.

good luckk
may i ask what grade you got at the end? :-)

4 A's and a C at AS and A*A*A*Aa at A2 :smile:
I do AQA history!! do you? I don't learn by making notes, I can only memorise the text book. Which i've done for one of the books and i did half of the other, so when people say a topic i instantly get reminded of what i memorised.
i'm starting tomorrow with my maths revision. wish me luck

I'm doing AQA history too!! I'm learning about the Crusades and History 1906-1957.
What about for maths? I do Edexcel
Reply 17
Original post by me2*
Are you doing AS english language?

AS english lit :smile:
good luckk

Thank you. I'm jus so sure I'm not passing this year. Need all the luck I can get
Reply 19
I'm doing AQA history too!! I'm learning about the Crusades and History 1906-1957.
What about for maths? I do Edexcel

I'm doing modern britain 1960's to 2000's and tsarist russia

Quick Reply