The Student Room Group

40 days till my exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by langlitz
Chemical Physics haha, so I've got 2 chemistry courses, statistical mechanics, quantum mechanics and electromagnetism :frown:

How are you doing machnics im doing m1 in maths and it's killing me. I hate it to bits
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I wish you the very best!

How are you planning on tackling it ? :redface: Not moving from your desk for the next 3 weeks:colondollar:

Pretty much haha, I'll just live in the library :tongue: But seriously i'm just trying to get through all the content, i did most of the problem sheets as i went through the year so hopefully that will help a bit
Reply 42
Chemical Physics haha, so I've got 2 chemistry courses, statistical mechanics, quantum mechanics and electromagnetism :frown:

wow goood luck!!!! so i'm taking that 40 days is enough to revise and get good?

hoping you do well
Pretty much haha, I'll just live in the library :tongue: But seriously i'm just trying to get through all the content, i did most of the problem sheets as i went through the year so hopefully that will help a bit

Good luck, I hope you do brilliantly! :smile:

If you haven't seen this thread yet, I hope it gives you a motivational buzz :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42566104#post42566104
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Good luck, I hope you do brilliantly! :smile:

If you haven't seen this thread yet, I hope it gives you a motivational buzz :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42566104#post42566104

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Aaliyah.97
How are you doing machnics im doing m1 in maths and it's killing me. I hate it to bits

Sorry I'm not familiar with m1, is that newtonian mechanics?
Original post by maccaism
AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BRICKING IT!!!!!

I HAVEN'T STARTED MY REVISION (I DO ART, MATHS, HISTORY AND ENGLISH)

I'm planning to learn my content until 2 weeks before the exam, then start doing past papers.

Can I still do well?

Honestly, for top grades revise as soon as you can
Sorry I'm not familiar with m1, is that newtonian mechanics?

I'm doing it but I'm clueless on what's it about lol
I would recommend spending less time on learning the content, reason being, that it is usually inefficient.

Cut it down to 1 week on content. Start by going through the specification and adressing every single point, making sure you understand it. (This helps more for science subjects.)

Do all the past papers as early as possible, and after each one, note what you didn't understand, and go and learn it.

Then, (and this is crucial) repeat your past papers in the last week. Make sure you get 100% in them the second time round.

Good luck. You can do great!
Reply 50
Original post by LibertyMan
I would recommend spending less time on learning the content, reason being, that it is usually inefficient.

Cut it down to 1 week on content. Start by going through the specification and adressing every single point, making sure you understand it. (This helps more for science subjects.)

Do all the past papers as early as possible, and after each one, note what you didn't understand, and go and learn it.

Then, (and this is crucial) repeat your past papers in the last week. Make sure you get 100% in them the second time round.

Good luck. You can do great!

that's actually really great advice and I can see how that would work!
AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BRICKING IT!!!!!

I HAVEN'T STARTED MY REVISION (I DO ART, MATHS, HISTORY AND ENGLISH)

I'm planning to learn my content until 2 weeks before the exam, then start doing past papers.

Can I still do well?

It annoys me when people say 'will I still do well', if you don't it's your own fault for the lack of preparation. You can't be seeking the reassurance on here, just start revising.
wow goood luck!!!! so i'm taking that 40 days is enough to revise and get good?

hoping you do well

Yeah it should be more than enough if you are efficient, just make sure you do lots of past papers!
Original post by Aaliyah.97
I'm doing it but I'm clueless on what's it about lol

Haha was never a huge fan of mechanics, but we don't really do that stuff any more
Haha was never a huge fan of mechanics, but we don't really do that stuff any more

Lucky you

Quick Reply

Latest