The Student Room Group

AMA - Moderate Muslim, Bi-curious, Asian female doctor

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, I see. :smile:

And at what stage of your medical training are you?

F1
Reply 21
Original post by samina_ay
I wanted to work for the NHS at one point - but not a doctor, something like a nurse or pharmacist.... due to not getting the grades, i opted for teaching lol. looking back it at now i'm very glad my plans didn't work out haha, yes i know - it's a tough job - but so rewarding

btw, could you tell me why there's so many waiting lists regarding operations and stuff? my mum has been waiting for months!

It is rewarding on some days yes, but most of the times its just menial work that has to be done. At my level anyway

A lot of patients, not enough surgeons/resources etc. Its the NHS, its free but the downside is the waiting time
Original post by Pyropink
F1

How're you finding it? And which medical school did you train at (if you don't mind disclosing that)? :3
It is rewarding on some days yes, but most of the times its just menial work that has to be done. At my level anyway

A lot of patients, not enough surgeons/resources etc. Its the NHS, its free but the downside is the waiting time

true - i hope as you progress on further you will like it. and true, that's what i thought.. hmm oh well
Reply 24
Original post by Hydeman
How're you finding it? And which medical school did you train at (if you don't mind disclosing that)? :3

It varies with what rotation I'm on. Medicine - you want to die. Psych - chlling

Overall, it is tough. A lot tougher than I ever expected

I dont want to disclose what uni I went to, sorry. Want to be as anon as possible. Are you a med student?
It varies with what rotation I'm on. Medicine - you want to die. Psych - chlling

Overall, it is tough. A lot tougher than I ever expected

I dont want to disclose what uni I went to, sorry. Want to be as anon as possible. Are you a med student?

No, an applicant. Thanks for answering my questions. :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by Hydeman
No, an applicant. Thanks for answering my questions. :biggrin:

No problem, ask away. Good luck with your application
F1

Do you support the junior doctor strikes?
Do they work you to your bone in f1?
If you could go back to uni would you choose a different course?
Reply 28
Original post by Al-farhan
Do you support the junior doctor strikes?
Do they work you to your bone in f1?
If you could go back to uni would you choose a different course?

I do support the strikes. I don't know how Hunt wants us to work longer hours, without increasing pay. Heck, even if pay did increase, it still wouldn't be safe for the patients. They're slowly destroying the NHS, and its sickening.

They do work you hard, It is tough. Especially on medicine rotations.

Ermmm.... Yes, I think I would, it is a very good degree to have for which I'm grateful.
I do support the strikes. I don't know how Hunt wants us to work longer hours, without increasing pay. Heck, even if pay did increase, it still wouldn't be safe for the patients. They're slowly destroying the NHS, and its sickening.

They do work you hard, It is tough. Especially on medicine rotations.

Ermmm.... Yes, I think I would, it is a very good degree to have for which I'm grateful.

One final questions :colone:
Is there really a severe shortage in doctors in the nhs?
Reply 30
Original post by Al-farhan
One final questions :colone:
Is there really a severe shortage in doctors in the nhs?

In some specialties like A & E, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest