The Student Room Group

Let's have a chit chat :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amellia123
Ahh right, my sister and me are similar intelligence wise. Oh right! My dad went to uni but my mum left school at 16 with 2 O-Levels. Its kind of it - except that that the teachers who we both have call us the wrong name :lol: Did you? How come? :smile:

Intelligent family then haha. And it just the way things worked out. I applied to go to sixth form where they went but I didn't like the certain subjects they had on offer. Hence why I travel slightly further away. And that must be awkward when they confuse you, do you look alike?
Original post by Rhythmical
Intelligent family then haha. And it just the way things worked out. I applied to go to sixth form where they went but I didn't like the certain subjects they had on offer. Hence why I travel slightly further away. And that must be awkward when they confuse you, do you look alike?

Haha not really :tongue: my dad did Alevels, failed and then went to do a 2 year college course before managing to go to uni. Ahh right, yeah you have to somewhere that offers what you like! Haha it is a bit, I don't really mind though. We used to, however she wears a lot more make up than me so we look quite different now :lol:
Haha not really :tongue: my dad did Alevels, failed and then went to do a 2 year college course before managing to go to uni. Ahh right, yeah you have to somewhere that offers what you like! Haha it is a bit, I don't really mind though. We used to, however she wears a lot more make up than me so we look quite different now :lol:

Aw I would like to be an older sister. Sometimes I wish I was a twin because it would be cool lol.
Aw I would like to be an older sister. Sometimes I wish I was a twin because it would be cool lol.

Haha being the eldest is ok - though I usually bare the brunt of the blame if we get into trouble :lol: And same, would be so funny to pull pranks on everyone!!
Haha being the eldest is ok - though I usually bare the brunt of the blame if we get into trouble :lol: And same, would be so funny to pull pranks on everyone!!

I would get my twin to do my exam for me lol. And aw you're the oldest - do you feel responsible for the younger ones?
I would get my twin to do my exam for me lol. And aw you're the oldest - do you feel responsible for the younger ones?

Haha omg such a good idea :lol: Three A*'s here we come! :tongue: yeah, and in some ways yes like if I go out with her I have to make sure she is safe (my sis that is). But other school kids not so much :tongue:
Haha omg such a good idea :lol: Three A*'s here we come! :tongue: yeah, and in some ways yes like if I go out with her I have to make sure she is safe (my sis that is). But other school kids not so much :tongue:

Aw that's so cute. Some siblings loathe each other or feel that affection is too weird but siblings are your best friends, to me they are.
Aw that's so cute. Some siblings loathe each other or feel that affection is too weird but siblings are your best friends, to me they are.

Haha we do fight quite a bit, but she probably is my best friend yes. I would always do anything I could to help her (even if she doesn't reciprocate this :rofl:) I think you're right there!
Haha we do fight quite a bit, but she probably is my best friend yes. I would always do anything I could to help her (even if she doesn't reciprocate this :rofl:) I think you're right there!

That's so cute.
That's so cute.

Hahaha damn I didn't want to across as all caring and soppy :rofl: I suppose it is a bit, she says she will miss me loads when I go off to uni!
Hahaha damn I didn't want to across as all caring and soppy :rofl: I suppose it is a bit, she says she will miss me loads when I go off to uni!

Aw. You might even shed a tear. What if you go to the same university?
Aw. You might even shed a tear. What if you go to the same university?

Hahaha hmm... she'll be luck :lol: :tongue: She doesn't like the uni I'm going to (so she says) apparently she wants to go to Dundee!
Hahaha hmm... she'll be luck :lol: :tongue: She doesn't like the uni I'm going to (so she says) apparently she wants to go to Dundee!

Dundee I hear is good, it's the top newest UK university under 50.
Dundee I hear is good, it's the top newest UK university under 50.

Is it really? Wow that's high praise indeed! :smile: Which unis have you been looking at? (sorry if I have already asked this!)
Is it really? Wow that's high praise indeed! :smile: Which unis have you been looking at? (sorry if I have already asked this!)

Yeah it's the place to be for youngsters and I want to go to places like UCL, KCL, QMUL and University of Sheffield etc. You?
Yeah it's the place to be for youngsters and I want to go to places like UCL, KCL, QMUL and University of Sheffield etc. You?

Haha yeah! Ahh cool! Haha I'm from Sheffield actually :tongue: Its a great uni! UCL is great, wish I could have gotten the grades to go there! I'm starting at Portsmouth (hopefully) in September - always wanted to live on the coast! :smile:
Haha yeah! Ahh cool! Haha I'm from Sheffield actually :tongue: Its a great uni! UCL is great, wish I could have gotten the grades to go there! I'm starting at Portsmouth (hopefully) in September - always wanted to live on the coast! :smile:

I love Sheffield, brings back memories of my childhood actually :tongue: and aw Portsmouth is cool I hear, I'd love to be beside the coast!
I love Sheffield, brings back memories of my childhood actually :tongue: and aw Portsmouth is cool I hear, I'd love to be beside the coast!

Haha does it? How so? :tongue: Yeah the students love it - there are two town centres, a beach, close to London and can go to the Isle of Wight for a day trip!!
Haha does it? How so? :tongue: Yeah the students love it - there are two town centres, a beach, close to London and can go to the Isle of Wight for a day trip!!

I have family nearby and grew up in Sheffield sort of. Aww Portsmouth sounds good socially, some universities can be absolute bores despite being high ranking. Like if you have to live at uni then atleast have some fun attractions nearby.
I have family nearby and grew up in Sheffield sort of. Aww Portsmouth sounds good socially, some universities can be absolute bores despite being high ranking. Like if you have to live at uni then atleast have some fun attractions nearby.

Oh right I see! Haha that's cool :biggrin: I know what you mean, the student life is fantastic - student wise it is the same size as Sheffield actually (20,000 students). Yeah that's true - at least I will never be bored!

Quick Reply

Latest