The Student Room Group

Beards on guys is like makeup for girls

I never knew how much of an illusion (?) beards can have. I thought Adam saleh has the most amazing face I always raved that he was such a babe ( in the face) until he shaved his beard. Omg it's tragic now I know how guys feel?

Any Adam saleh fans here?

Scroll to see replies

Though unlike makeup, the ability to grow a beard is purely down to genetics
lol Adam saleh. Mixed opinions tbh. He looks hilarious without the beard 😂😂
Beards are unhygienic and working class in my opinion
Reply 4
Original post by TheFarmerLad

Well you have to style it as well unless you just let it go completely scruffy. I do agree some people look way, way better with beards, but I don't really see how it is an illusion, it's just complimenting already existing features.

It's like putting him in prison clothes rather than a suit. Is that deception because he looks ugly?
Original post by TheFarmerLad

Hats and beards are guys " makeup". Literally can make or break you.
Reply 6
My beard certainly does help. :beard:
Reply 7
Original post by ODES_PDES

Maybe recently in this country, a well groomed beard was very prominent in aristocratic backgrounds in previous history, probably because of the emphasis on masculinity and soldiering (I made this up) in general. Safety has made men more effiminate in a way.
I don't have beard but I still get lots of ladies
Original post by Virgili
Maybe recently in this country, a well groomed beard was very prominent in aristocratic backgrounds in previous history, probably because of the emphasis on masculinity and soldiering (I made this up) in general. Safety has made men more effiminate in a way.

Apparently a beard is a no no among politicians or Newscasters
I see too many asian guys with extremely precisely shaven beards. I don't think designer beards are a good look.

If you choose to grow a beard, grow it like a man. As long as you don't do some hipster **** like get a man bun or topknot or whatever they are called, and starting taking loads of pictures and bang on about your beard and tattoo...

then it's all good :biggrin:
I was honestly saying these exact words to my sister earlier...she put his video on the tv and shaving has made him come down from an 8 all the way to a 4...do not find him attractive at all now :erm:
Original post by ODES_PDES

Beards have been associated with left wing / progressive / revolutionary movements so yes it can be seen as a sign of working class solidarity OR solidarity with the working class.

Aside from that, most of the great 19th / 20th century engineers / philosophers / intellectuals, and indeed capitalists, had beards.

It is also quite middle eastern cultural thing.

I am personally Scandinavian so I'd not have a beard because that would look ridiculous, if I had a dark brown / black hair I'd probably have one.
Original post by William Pitt

I am personally Scandinavian so I'd not have a beard because that would look ridiculous, if I had a dark brown / black hair I'd probably have one.

Viking beard! :biggrin:
Original post by Biryani007
I was honestly saying these exact words to my sister earlier...she put his video on the tv and shaving has made him come down from an 8 all the way to a 4...do not find him attractive at all now :erm:

I can't believe how much of a difference facial hair makes. Holy ****.
Original post by xobeauty
I can't believe how much of a difference facial hair makes. Holy ****.

I realised a few years ago actually...a guy I found really good looking shaved... :/
Reply 16

Girls are attracted by this? :confused:
Original post by raju.motors.
I don't have beard but I still get lots of ladies

You have a pedostache tho?
Original post by Josb

Girls are attracted by this? :confused:

That's not his best picture. Go to his YouTube videos to see his real beauty but not really
Original post by Biryani007
I realised a few years ago actually...a guy I found really good looking shaved... :/

I knew hats was one but not beards I'm not a fan of them. I always assumed guys would look better without it.

Quick Reply

Latest