The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Of course.

Just like Messi is the worst player at Barcelona. :rolleyes:
Original post by intelligent con
Terrible social life, tiny provincial town and ridiculous amounts of stress along with stupid posh traditions just so you can say "I went to Cambridge". Seems to be the most boring uni in the Russell group and a total waste of the best 3 years of your life. Why do people on this site constantly drool about this dump? Places like Manchester would be far better and are still highly respected.

I can't say much about studying there but Cambridge as a city is beautiful.
Reply 3
Terrible social life, tiny provincial town and ridiculous amounts of stress along with stupid posh traditions just so you can say "I went to Cambridge". Seems to be the most boring uni in the Russell group and a total waste of the best 3 years of your life. Why do people on this site constantly drool about this dump? Places like Manchester would be far better and are still highly respected.

Thanks for your highly educated opinion, intelligent con. I'll promptly decline my Cambridge offer for mathematics, Manchester it is. :h:

Edit: couldn't have done it without you, thank you ever so much.
(edited 8 years ago)
*grabs popcorn*
Manchester more respected than Cambridge? What are you smoking?

And I'm sure a lot of people see the old architecture and general culture as very interesting.

Plus, it's one of the top 10 universities in the world.
Reply 6
Intelligent con for president 2k16
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
Intelligent con for president 2k16

Make Manchester great again!

You're asking for it mate. 😂😂😂
Going to cambs tomorrow. It's a beautiful city. The colleges are beautiful 🙌🏼
Next you'll be saying Queen Mary is the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whilst I admit that Cambridge can't quite attain the status of Oxford, it's still a very decent university and the town is lovely :yep:
April fools was 8 days ago. :sadnod:
Cambridge is objectively horrible.. with it's gorgeous architecture, brilliant courses, top notch academics who dedicate some of their time to you on a personal level like no other uni, and don't get me started on those bloody nice job prospects.
(edited 8 years ago)
Who gives a crap about boring student life and fun location, its the education and career prospects that matter mate.
Original post by Plagioclase
Whilst I admit that Cambridge can't quite attain the status of Oxford, it's still a very decent university and the town is lovely :yep:
well Cambridge is above Oxford in the league tables in general, and for specific subjects
But Oxford is beaut too 👌🏽 both unis are a dream to get into.
But well, apparently according to OP... Manchester > Cambridge

Lol this just made my day
Reply 16
Did u firm Manchester yet
Original post by Plagioclase

*cough* :tongue:
Reply 18
Cambridge is in the Russell group? Pfft, like their research is any good
Original post by RueXO
well Cambridge is above Oxford in the league tables in general, and for specific subjects
But Oxford is beaut too 👌🏽 both unis are a dream to get into.
But well, apparently according to OP... Manchester > Cambridge

Lol this just made my day

Don't worry, I was just trying to wind the other folk up :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending