The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in my history gcse

My history GCSE is in 2 months and I'm stressing! I'm doing the aqa board and there is so much content to learn and I find the timing/exam structure difficult to cope with. I got an A in my mock but was a few marks off A*. How can I lift my grade? And good tips?
Original post by Squigysqump
My history GCSE is in 2 months and I'm stressing! I'm doing the aqa board and there is so much content to learn and I find the timing/exam structure difficult to cope with. I got an A in my mock but was a few marks off A*. How can I lift my grade? And good tips?

I'm doing edexcel and tbh if you are certain that you know the content then you shouldn't be too worried
When answering the 13/15 mark questions my teacher has given me a template which basically outlines how I should answer the question, like how many examples I should use, how to structure the essay, how to answer the original question directly.
So maybe ask your teacher for one of those or ask him/her if you can see students papers who received an A*
Looking at examples of A* students' work always helps me for the essay based subjects:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
I'm doing edexcel and tbh if you are certain that you know the content then you shouldn't be too worried
When answering the 13/15 mark questions my teacher has given me a template which basically outlines how I should answer the question, like how many examples I should use, how to structure the essay, how to answer the original question directly.
So maybe ask your teacher for one of those or ask him/her if you can see students papers who received an A*
Looking at examples of A* students' work always helps me for the essay based subjects:smile:

Thanks for this! Will definitely do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending