The Student Room Group

Picked an obese girl over me... I feel offended, does this make me a bad person?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
But he says he fancies all these skinny bombshell celebrities like Miranda Kerr, Shakira and Angelina Jolie so I don't know why he'd then go and get a 'big' girl in real life.

Do you know what his exes look like?
Original post by xobeauty
Maybe she's just easier to deal with you know? They say fat girls have less expectations and are more passive.

Perhaps. Yeah she tends to just sleep with men and get used when she wants a relationship. As a result she's been around the block I personally know 5 of guys she's slept with in the last year and there's been many more that I don't know.
Original post by xobeauty
Do you know what his exes look like?

He doesn't have any! Never had a girlfriend.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
To be blunt, that makes no real rational sense.

I seem too innocent. I'm not exciting, I'm not sexy.
Original post by stefano865
Perhaps you need to start going after what you want.

The nice people often lose out I'm afraid.

Absolutely. This is pretty much my philosophy from now on.
Original post by hhannah_b
And what if she's obese - maybe he likes her for who she is. Not everyone chooses their girlfriends or boyfriends because of how they look - personality often has something to do with it. Perhaps he has more in common with the other girl. Don't be too disheartened by this, maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

I hope my personality doesn't suck. But yes maybe they do have more in common.

Original post by Virgili
Two most important qualities for me are honour and laughter, I don't care if you're a model if you're a horrible person you're going to stress me out.

I'm no model, but I'm not a horrible person either. Although life is slowly making me very cynical so one day I may be a ruthless bi*ch.
Original post by Lucasium
Maybe she offers him food

I can do that too... I'm a good cook and the best part is I'd always let him eat the biggest portion :biggrin:

Original post by AperfectBalance
It does not make you evil. anyway sorry to hear and good luck

Original post by Lambert87
Sometimes you can't help who you fall for... Regardless if she is obese or not he obviously sees something in her... That shouldn't make you feel bad about yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

How could that not make me feel bad about myself?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Virgili
I don't think it makes you a bad person, you are rightly insecure that someone you consider far less attractive was chosen over you.

Not everyone has good taste, don't take it personally.

Thanks. I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Original post by TorpidPhil
Personality >>> Looks for an actual relationship any day.

The fact that you are upset that your crush chose someone who was less physically attractive than you and it clearly is bothering you quite a lot, says it all to me tbh.

Being sweet, nice and innocent is a good start.

Try being ambitious and passionate too and cooking meals for me as well. You got all of those things and a nice body?

So my personality must suck then? I mean I don't know why it seems inconceivable that someone can have both. I'm not saying that I personally have both, as I don't believe I am good looking I just take care of many body and health. But what I am saying is that someone can be the total package. I know quiet a few girls with the brains, the beauty, the body and the personality. But their pretty faces makes many men assume they must have a foul personality, be a psycho, be stuck up, be high maintenance, a total bi*ch etc.

I'm dropping the innocent act to be honest. If anyone is attracted to innocence it is only so that they can be the one to corrupt it. Most men prefer available women and have no patience or excitement for the sweet, innocent types they will quickly lose interest in this instant gratification culture. I am saying I'm going to drop my pants for any old loser? No. But I am going to have to keep a guy on his toes and stop being so dang nice. Men want a girlfriend or a lover, not a sister or a mother.

Yeah I have ambition and passions but I don't let it show as I like to be humble and sweet. Again this does me no favours I need to be more unapologetic about who I am. I do like to cook though I've been cooking since I was 8 years old.
Your personality sucks a bit :redface: You just called her "trash", like seriously?

If she sleeps around a lot, and is bigger than you, that doesn't exactly make her "trash".

You should build up yourself and have more confidence in yourself and not be so harsh about others, I understand he was your crush, but just use this as a learning experience I suppose :/.

Also, you don't need to "act" nice if you are nice, just like you don't have to act horrible if you are horrible. You are who you are, of course you can improve upon yourself but I honestly feel like acting like something you're not won't help in this situation. Just be yourself.

His bulking brah!

All about dem calories :cookie:
No n
So a guy friend of mine who I had been crushing on for years picked an obese girl over me, knowing that I liked him. I feel annoyed and offended by this. Perhaps this makes me evil. But I'm just being brutally honest.

I feel really down about myself now. I suppose everyone is going to tell me that my personality must suck or that maybe my face is ugly. Without trying to big myself up I get told I'm pretty a lot even by strangers there's not a week that goes by without someone saying it to me and that is face to face not on line. This week I've had 3 people tell me so 2 at the gym and one friend of a friend. I get approached a lot but rarely asked out. When I look in the mirror at my face I don't feel pretty at all though but I do think I have a decent body only because I workout most days. I get told I'm nice, sweet and innocent but I actually think this is actually my downfall and the reason no one wants to date me.

So what can I do?
Am I a bad person?
Should I care if I'm bad? Sometimes I think that's what I need to be.
I'm sorry I don't know you and I don't really mean much offense by this but you seem a little shallow. Maybe she has something unique to offor him. Maybe she gives him oral sex. LOL maybe her father has more money than your father. My best advice is not to think about those kind of things. Those things will just drive you crazy. I'm sure you're very attractive and you have a lot to offer lol I'm single.
Original post by stefano865
Perhaps you need to start going after what you want.

The nice people often lose out I'm afraid.

But if a guy likes a girl won't he chase her? Just wondering because I'm described as nice but I wonder if I'm too nice and that's why I miss out :/
I too get told I'm pretty by randomers on a regular basis.
Reply 32
But if a guy likes a girl won't he chase her? Just wondering because I'm described as nice but I wonder if I'm too nice and that's why I miss out :/
I too get told I'm pretty by randomers on a regular basis.

Sorry girl but you better be damn fine for me to chase you. If I have a pretty girl who also has other traits giving me attention and I know she is interested why would I gamble it on someone who might not be interested in me?

What do you have to offer me?
Maybe she's a talented Chaser in her schools Quidditch team, a self-made animagus and Head Boy.

Doubt it
He doesn't have any! Never had a girlfriend.

Why hasn't he had any?
Your post still does not tell us much context, i.e. who this girl is or what the guy is looking for. Maybe there's something more to that, maybe they have something in common, like religious or political views, or career plans, or maybe she's wealthy, have you considered these things?
Maybe she has fewer issues.
I know but that is even worse in some ways... Why am I not good enough for an emotional connection? :frown:

You have that with some people and some people don't with others.
Like when you meet someone you feel a connection a vibe and you feel drawn to them and they may not be the best looking person but that doesn't matter.

Or he might like you if you became obese :wink:

Or makes perfect dinner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply