The Student Room Group

Lack of revision motivation

I'm finding it really hard to revise just because I don't feel motivated or something, which is really starting to irritate me because I'm desperate to do well, but I know that I can only do well if I revise, so I'm getting more and more stressed, but I feel less motivated.
Does anyone have any tips?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by JessieTaylor98
I'm finding it really hard to revise just because I don't feel motivated or something, which is really starting to irritate me because I'm desperate to do well, but I know that I can only do well if I revise, so I'm getting more and more stressed, but I feel less motivated.

Dude honestly don't be ! I was and kind of am still in your situation ! Just start of with some light revision , maybe 45 minutes then have a break and then another 45 minutes. And then slowly increase the number of 45 minutes of revision you do in a week. You'll feel pretty good after you've done it, I haven't revised these past two days which I'm quite peed about but I'm just going to get some 'homework' done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a deep breath...
RELAX
Log out of TSR, open up your textbook and just read, highlight important bits and bobs, note them down. Do a couple of papers.

But keep in the back of your mind, what a great summer you'll have! What a great results day you'll have! Just remember that!

GCSE or A level?
Original post by Chez231
Dude honestly don't be ! I was and kind of am still in your situation ! Just start of with some light revision , maybe 45 minutes then have a break and then another 45 minutes. And then slowly increase the number of 45 minutes of revision you do in a week. You'll feel pretty good after you've done it, I haven't revised these past two days which I'm quite peed about but I'm just going to get some 'homework' done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by homeland.lsw
Take a deep breath...
RELAX
Log out of TSR, open up your textbook and just read, highlight important bits and bobs, note them down. Do a couple of papers.

But keep in the back of your mind, what a great summer you'll have! What a great results day you'll have! Just remember that!

Thank you both, I'll try out both these methods :smile:

Original post by DeadEnd_96
GCSE or A level?

A-level. I'm doing my AS exams in Classics and Politics, but I also do English Lit
Reply 5
Okay so I have had this "OMG-I-need-to-and-should-study-but-I-don't-know-how-to-actually-start-studying-after-an-eternity-of-procrastination" problem quite a few times and with time I've actually learnt how to deal with it. So here are the few tips that I find helpful:
1) Go to YouTube and search for "me opening my IGCSE/A level results (whatever you are doing at the moment!) and trust me when I say that those videos have some inexplicable magical influence. They actually make you study. Give it a try and you'll see what I'm talking about
2) Again, a youtube friendly advice because let's be honest: Youtube takes the credit for the majority of the procrastination time! So watch a few videos of advices and tips for A levels. They are really really helpful. They get you in the mood basically. There is this specific one that ALWAYS does wonders for me. It's name is "Top Revision Tips for Exam Success" and it's by Fleur DeForce and I can safely say that it will get you back on track in no time.
3) Print off your specification and set a target for each day. Don't go with the whole "Oh I'll study from 10 am till 3 pm and then I'm done for the day" because you could possibly have a book in your hand and toss a ball on the wall continuously and think that you're actually studying when in reality, you're just procrastinating... In a fancier way (Atleast that's one of the things that I do!). So don't play the time game. It's not that effective or productive.
4)As soon as you're done with one topic, the next thing that you want to do is past papers. Doing past papers is like seeing your hardwork being paid off... Or you realizing that you've actually not studied enough. But either ways, you get an idea of how much you actually know and how much you fooled yourself into thinking you know a lot more than you do.
I guess that's it for now. Hope you find something helpful in the dreadfully long para that I wrote!
Goody good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

relax. take a deep breath. think about your ultimate goal and what you want to achieve, write that on a piece of paper. put that in the area where you study, it should hopefully provide you with enough motivation to work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all in your head tbh. The hardest thing is just starting to revise once you pass that wall you will be able to continue to revise. Make sure you work efficiently and take breaks. I do 1 hour and take a 15 min break and repeat. Just think about results day. Do you wanna regret not revising enough? :smile:
Reply 8
:hugs:

(click on the emoti)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending