The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Health & Social Care

Has anyone ever achieved an A* in H&S Care? I'm on the Edexcel exam board and am seeking advice from previous A* H&S Care students.
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Has anyone ever achieved an A* in H&S Care? I'm on the Edexcel exam board and am seeking advice from previous A* H&S Care students.

Hi I am currently doing A2 in edexcel health and social care and I did do GCSE too and got an A*. What do you need help with? x
Original post by RoseTiger1
Hi I am currently doing A2 in edexcel health and social care and I did do GCSE too and got an A*. What do you need help with? x

Controlled assessment, it's 60% of the GCSE and can you give me tips on how to get an A*?
[QUOTE="ShiawaseNekox3;64441365"]Controlled assessment, it's 60% of the GCSE and can you give me tips on how to get an A*?[/QUOTE

I'm going to list everything that I did/ do (did exactly the same at as and a2 and I've got A* in both coursework) just so it doesn't end up as a giant paragraph.

Additional research at home from a wide variety of sources. This really helps to make your work more detailed and stand out from the others. Also, examiners love variety in knowledge and if you show you have lots then that'll only improve your grade :smile:

I would use the mark scheme/checklist (whatever you have been given) and stick to it as the examiners only mark you based on those. If you've covered them all well then you'll get good marks.

I would ask the teacher if possible for any tips. They only want you to do well too and sometimes they gave me a really good idea in how to improve my work.

Don't be afraid to go into depth. There is no such thing as too much depth in health and social care, it only becomes a problem in subjects such as science. It will help strengthen your grade as it'll help make your work have the "wow" factor

Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! x

Quick Reply

Latest