The Student Room Group

The NHS is amazing !

Scroll to see replies

So what is the craic? You gonna get the ear removed?
Tell Mr Cameron that.
Original post by _Charlotte15
Tell Mr Cameron that.

He's too busy apologising for his share mare.
Original post by Student403
@Ethereal World hope you're okay :h:

And glad the NHS was of service (:ahee:)

Spoiler

Yeah spoder what has happened to you? Who's been 'corrupting' you? :beard:

I'm okay just in he waiting room right now and have made enemies because I changed the channel of the TV because it was irritating me.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
So what is the craic? You gonna get the ear removed?

Probs mate tbh. Might just get Suarez to bite it off.
I would love to contribute to this thread, but the NHS and I have fallen out... :s-smilie:
Original post by Ethereal World

I'm okay just in he waiting room right now and have made enemies because I changed the channel of the TV because it was irritating me.

What was it?
Tags a few people who probably have some thoughts.

I agree, tge NHS is very good. They sorted out my braces for free (i now have better teeth) and replaced then when they broke. They also sorted out my OCD. I did have to wait 8 months before being seen but i did get seen and it helped massively. I did have 12 private sessions when waiting for the NHS because i really needed help.
Overall im very grateful for what the NHS have done for me and gor others.

Although, they didnt help out my grandad who was terminally ill. He received barely any help from them at all and as a result died sooner than he shouldve (August 2015).
My mum works for the NHS and is very happy working there. She enjoys it.

Im glad you got sorted quickly too. It must have dreadful to have the ear pains like that.
Original post by ZuluK
Yeah it's really long winded. The longest I've been in theatres was for 6 hours when they were doing an elbow because apparently (don't really know) it's the hardest and the most bloody.

Hope you're okay now though :h:

Yeah! One thing which was pointless was physiotherapy? they did nothing to help me...they just said wow! it's doing well, come next week!
:erm: ok thanks?
frankly my physiotherapy was piano practice :ahee: that's the best for a broken wrist!
Original post by iEthan
I would love to contribute to this thread, but the NHS and I have fallen out... :s-smilie:

Awwww no, hope you make up soon :hugs:
Awwww no, hope you make up soon :hugs:

So do I... so do I
Original post by homeland.lsw
What was it?

It was a child's TV programme on CBeebies and like I couldn't Deal. The adults talking like babies and the music.

If there were children waiting then I obv would have put up with it.

But everyone here is adults. So I Changed it. Then this fully grown adult man started getting annoyed because 'he was watching that' and I was like 'sorry but it's for all of our safety if it's changed' and I just changed it to BBC news ... And then he started watching it and I was like :hand:

#waitingroomstories

Also love your broken arm story. Will reply soon to that. Pretty awesome. Shame about the nurses though. Is it things like that that inspire you to be a doctor ?
It was a child's TV programme on CBeebies and like I couldn't Deal. The adults talking like babies and the music.

If there were children waiting then I obv would have put up with it.

But everyone here is adults. So I Changed it. Then this fully grown adult man started getting annoyed because 'he was watching that' and I was like 'sorry but it's for all of our safety if it's changed' and I just changed it to BBC news ... And then he started watching it and I was like :hand:

#waitingroomstories

Also love your broken arm story. Will reply soon to that. Pretty awesome. Shame about the nurses though. Is it things like that that inspire you to be a doctor ?

lol...I can imagine you in that situation :ahee:

Yes! That was what made me pursue an interest in medicine, before that I wanted to go into diplomacy (that's a whole different story) But that experience enlightened me.

This may sound corny, but maybe I was meant to break my arm and meet this consultant etc etc. Like it's fate :moon:
Original post by shawn_o1
Nope. But let the NHS exist and compete with private healthcare. Same with the train operators, internet and phone providers, water and gas and electricity etc.

thats exactly what happens. there are no restrictions on the services private healthcare can offer
Original post by homeland.lsw
lol...I can imagine you in that situation :ahee:

Yes! That was what made me pursue an interest in medicine, before that I wanted to go into diplomacy (that's a whole different story) But that experience enlightened me.

This may sound corny, but maybe I was meant to break my arm and meet this consultant etc etc. Like it's fate :moon:

OK right... wanted to PM you but :argh: I can't so.... will try to keep this incognito. Was this at Q's? Or at KG's? :holmes: Or elsewhere?

I am clean!

Oh lol :ahee:
Original post by haprybeingright
thats exactly what happens. there are no restrictions on the services private healthcare can offer

The private sector has a place in health care, but a total reliance on it (like many councils and the NHS are doing at the moment) is a recipe for disaster.

Private sector healthcare at the moment is all about profit, low paid staff and cutting costs in care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
OK right... wanted to PM you but :argh: I can't so.... will try to keep this incognito. Was this at Q's? Or at KG's? :holmes: Or elsewhere?

My first op was at Q's and the second was at KG's
Q's is better in terms of facilities and general staff e.g. the anesthetist.

The nursing staff at KG's was soooooooooooo much better though, they are so nice to you! Like there was one nurse who kept my company at night and we were telling jokes and scary stories :lol:

My third OP was also at KG's
Original post by shawn_o1
The UK government and its policies convey that simple three word message no one wants to hear.

WE
DON'T
CARE

So gloat all you want about your fairytale NHS compliment, because for each one I guarantee there are at least 10 complaints.

Well the regular ONS surveys would beg to differ. The vast majority of people are happy with the NHS, as someone who works in the NHS I have never had a complaint against me, I know of one complaint against a ward I have worked on because of a funding decision, one against a colleague, and a handful over a number of years against a family member who is a GP, but I known of literally thousands of people who leave thank you cards and chocolates and other small 'compliments'.

Don't mistake the above as a wholehearted support of the NHS in any way, it is merely a statement of the facts both through large scale objective surveys and anecdotal experience that most people are happy and many are happy enough that they feel the need to go the extra mile and send a card/present, only a small minority are unhappy and within that a tiny tiny minority go the extra mile to make a formal complaint (don't forget how bloody easy it is to make a complaint, easier than sending a thank you card!).

I think you believe what you read in the daily mail, amiright?
Original post by haprybeingright
Well the regular ONS surveys would beg to differ. The vast majority of people are happy with the NHS, as someone who works in the NHS I have never had a complaint against me, I know of one complaint against a ward I have worked on because of a funding decision, one against a colleague, and a handful over a number of years against a family member who is a GP, but I known of literally thousands of people who leave thank you cards and chocolates and other small 'compliments'.

Don't mistake the above as a wholehearted support of the NHS in any way, it is merely a statement of the facts both through large scale objective surveys and anecdotal experience that most people are happy and many are happy enough that they feel the need to go the extra mile and send a card/present, only a small minority are unhappy and within that a tiny tiny minority go the extra mile to make a formal complaint (don't forget how bloody easy it is to make a complaint, easier than sending a thank you card!).

I think you believe what you read in the daily mail, amiright?

The response I was in too much pain to write. Thank you :love:

Quick Reply

Latest