How do I answer this question?
Original post by BananaBanana101
How do I answer this question?

Attachment
Attachment

resolve perpendicular to the plane and parallel to the plane :biggrin:
What part are you stuck on?

In general all this question is asking you to do is to resolve parallel and perpendicular to the plane.
Attachment

should i do it for you? or do you want me to explain ?
Split the 45N force into 2 components and resolve normally.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460202533.183149.jpg
So for part a, you're resolving perpendicular to the plane. That will give you what R is.

Then for part b you're resolving up the plane because the box is on the point of moving up the plane. Then you can just rearrange to find mew or whatever.
Original post by salihahmehmood
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460202533.183149.jpg
So for part a, you're resolving perpendicular to the plane. That will give you what R is.

Then for part b you're resolving up the plane because the box is on the point of moving up the plane. Then you can just rearrange to find mew or whatever.

pls no full answer but is resolving perpendicular to the plane

R=45sin(50) +4g ???
Original post by thefatone
pls no full answer but is resolving perpendicular to the plane

R=45sin(50) +4g ???

Not quite, the 45sin(50) is fine, but the weight 4g is not perpendicular to the plane. If you look at salihah's drawing you can see that the component of weight that is perpendicular to the plane is 4gcos(30).
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
Not quite, the 45sin(50) is fine, but the weight 4g is not perpendicular to the plane. If you look at salihah's drawing you can see that the component of weight that is perpendicular to the plane is 4gcos(30).

ah there we go my mistake

Quick Reply

Latest