The Student Room Group

I'm thinking of just leaving internet forums and social media forever.

All it is is just negative comments that you don't really need in your life and just people airing their dirty laundry that they don't want to share in real life. It's just what society does, just people constantly trying to get the one up on one another.

I was happier before encountering internet comments, all I really wanna do is either work or relax, nothing really in between.

Before anyone says "ignorance is bliss, your head is in the sand", listen this is all what internet comments are:

White people rock, Religion smells and Islam smells even more.

That's it, it's all internet comments are and always will be. You're not missing out on anything.

The only thing that makes me laugh on here tbh is Awesome Genius but even he is getting towards that end.
Reply 1
Sounds like a good idea. :smile: I mean, internet forums can be v helpful at times but if you feel it is having a negative impact on you and you aren't benefiting from it in anyway then go for it.

Good luck in all your future endeavours. :h:

I partially agree on your last point though. Awesome Genius is great! :smile:
Oh well
Reply 3
Good idea, but check reddit and imgur without account :biggrin: Cat pic are awesome!!
please leave forehead data with Sharon at reception on way out.
Reply 5
Original post by LongshotReturns
All it is is just negative comments that you don't really need in your life and just people airing their dirty laundry that they don't want to share in real life. It's just what society does, just people constantly trying to get the one up on one another.

I was happier before encountering internet comments, all I really wanna do is either work or relax, nothing really in between.

Before anyone says "ignorance is bliss, your head is in the sand", listen this is all what internet comments are:

White people rock, Religion smells and Islam smells even more.

That's it, it's all internet comments are and always will be. You're not missing out on anything.

The only thing that makes me laugh on here tbh is Awesome Genius but even he is getting towards that end.

Understandable

Spoiler

Joined in april..thinking of leaving.
Life isn't easy either, atleast on here people cowardly sit behind a computer screen but in real life it's public and when your walking down the street in London and someone is shouting abuse, then you can talk.
Original post by hezzlington
Joined in april..thinking of leaving.

I think the guy had an old account which got banned but he was here for a while.
Reply 9
So nobody's clocked that the lad posted this two days ago and has since been banned?
Original post by Longshot3500
I think the guy had an old account which got banned but he was here for a while.

U coffee mug
:tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
So nobody's clocked that the lad posted this two days ago and has since been banned?

I think he's still reading this.
It's not the internet, it's the world - we are currently in a long turning point; religion is being left behind in the past as a necessary mistake in the progression of humanity. It's only natural that scientific atheism follows.

Soon enough the East will reform its views in line with technological, scientific and social advancement just as Christianity has been forced to do so in the West. Islam has taken longer due to the east/west divide (culturally and geographically) and the more uncompromising nature of Islam, but it will inevitably occur.
Original post by macromicro
It's not the internet, it's the world - we are currently in a long turning point; religion is being left behind in the past as a necessary mistake in the progression of humanity. It's only natural that scientific atheism follows.

Soon enough the East will reform its views in line with technological, scientific and social advancement just as Christianity has been forced to do so in the West. Islam has taken longer due to the east/west divide (culturally and geographically) and the more uncompromising nature of Islam, but it will inevitably occur.

*sigh*
I quite like TSR because it is an anonymous site; No one offline knows who I am.

I left social media last year. I got so bored of it but it resulted me losing contact with great people unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest