The Student Room Group

Top international undergraduate law schools?

What are the top international undergraduate law schools? The top 20 or so would be good, because I am looking into law but the universities I am looking at just offer JD courses which are not open for undergraduates.

Thanks
Original post by JohnGreek
UCL and LSE offer a couple places each on their join LLB/JB course with Columbia.

As for top unis in the UK/US, you get the classic Harvard/Yale/Stanford/Princeton/Columbia in the US, and Oxford/Cambridge/LSE/UCL/King's in the UK. Of course, there are top law schools in HK, China and Switzerland if you're interested..

Edit: In which region specifically are you thinking of studying?

I'm looking into doing an LLB course.

I haven't researched into Switzerland before but I have visited the country many time and love the culture there so I am going to look into courses over there.
Do you want to be a lawyer? If so, in which country do you want to work?
Original post by Duncan2012
Do you want to be a lawyer? If so, in which country do you want to work?

I would like to work in Canada, although the good universities over there only offer JD courses.
Original post by polkastars01
I would like to work in Canada, although the good universities over there only offer JD courses.

Well AFAIK, the job market in Canada/US is terribly competitive and unemployment rates seem to be going up and up and up...

Though LSE and UCL has been mentioned already for their LLB/JD program, they are notoriously difficult to get into; usually requiring you to get a high first and be placed in the top 1% of your program...

Why not just to a normal LLB course at any solid uni then do your LLM in Canada?

Quick Reply