The Student Room Group

How do you feel about people who look like this?

I'm not sure how I stumbled across this, not sure if it is big enough to call a trend but I seem to see people calling themselves like living dolls or dressing in a more 'east asian'/cutesie manner.

I don't want to judge but I find it a bit weird and creepy personally, I think maybe a much more toned down look might be ok but I feel some of these are bit 'too far' and just make me generally uncomfortable.
Examples:

No offense to people who do look like this but I feel their apparent head shape being and big eyes almost resembles a stereotypical alien.

How do you feel about this look, could you imagine having friend who dresses like they're a 12 year old cartoon character?

Scroll to see replies

I think its weird and looks alien like
It weirds me tf out and I probably wouldn't hang around someone who did it.
Eyes are unnatural looking asf
Reply 4
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Eyes are unnatural looking asf

I'm not sure but they might use photoshop or something, I know they use contact lenses but even with those I don't think they make your eyes that big.
It looks scary.
Reply 6
Scoop her eyes out with a spoon and that'll feed a family of four for a week.
Honestly, it makes me shiver and gives me nightmares just looking at it.. I mean it's pretty in some fake, idealistic world, but for the real world, nah, it's too much.
Reply 8
Original post by RivalPlayer
Disturbing. Japan has a messed up obsession with pre-pubescent looking girls.

These girls are actually all White, the first one is Eastern European but grew up in Britain, the other two are Canadian and American.
kinda weird tho, them eyes look fake asf
Kill it before it lays eggs.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Yeah, I know but they are emulating Japanese lolita fashion where the idea is to look like a young doll.

Yeah I think one of them is a model in Japan or something.

I feel it exploits Asian insecurities to look more Western, they are white girls who look like Asian girls trying to look like white girls.
I hate fringes.
I find the look a tad creepy but as long as they are happy with looking like that then that is all that matters
Original post by Supersaps
I hate fringes.

Really? Full fringes or just fringes in general?
Wow the comments on the thread are so harsh lol:/ I don't like it but people should do what makes them happy.
Original post by loveleest
Wow the comments on the thread are so harsh lol:/ I don't like it but people should do what makes them happy.

I feel it's borderline racist.
Venus angelic looks doll like naturally but enhances it with makeup and circle lenses. I'm not sure about the others. I only follow venus, she's tonned it down a little. But it is scary.
Reply 18
Original post by Supersaps
I hate fringes.

Bloody fringe movements
Original post by noticemesenpai
Venus angelic looks doll like naturally but enhances it with makeup and circle lenses. I'm not sure about the others. I only follow venus, she's tonned it down a little. But it is scary.

Apparently her mum got rid of her youtube channel just recently

Quick Reply

Latest