The Student Room Group

The NHS is amazing !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johannarebecca7
The fact that they think because they had no money the hospital had to get her home? Could have easily got a taxi and then asked the driver to wait while they go get the cash from wherever they live. Expensive or not, she should be paying for that not the hospital. I pay taxes and I do not pay them for washed up drunks to be able to get home from the hospital because they don't want to have to take responsibility and cough it up themselves

yeah, "could have easily got a taxi", without my ****ing wallet. and yeah, they'd have done that. because taxi drivers have been known to be extra nice at 7am in the morning.
and I'm sorry but yes I had drank some alcohol - I am a ****ing student - am I not allowed to drink? this wasn't the reason I went to the hospital - another person punched me in the face for no reason (they were drunker, much drunker). the police were trying to help me for weeks to find this criminal who was on CCTV. why would the police have been phoning me for 3 weeks if I was a washed up drunk?! :|
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FarageCollage

I'd have rather paid for it to be fair if it meant immediate treatment.

One minute you're complaining that a taxi home is too expensive for you so you wanted the hospital to get you home. But now you're saying you would pay for health care... which is considerably more money than a taxi and still probably would say you have to find your own way home
yeah, "could have easily got a taxi", without my ****ing wallet. and yeah, they'd have done that. because taxi drivers have been known to be extra nice at 7am in the morning.
and I'm sorry but yes I had drank some alcohol - I am a ****ing student - am I not allowed to drink? this wasn't the reason I went to the hospital - another person punched me in the face for no reason (they were drunker, much drunker). the police were trying to help me for keeps to find this criminal who was on CCTV.

Oh cry me a river. The NHS is a health service not a taxi service. You have to find your own way unless it's a emergency. And you have to find your own way back, regardless of the situation. Deal with it.

Okay maybe I got the wrong gist of the story. Yeah, what happened to you wasn't nice and maybe it wasn't your fault. But neither are a lot of the reasons people go to hospital for. When I had to go for cancer treatments I had to make my own way there and back.
(edited 8 years ago)
One minute you're complaining that a taxi home is too expensive for you so you wanted the hospital to get you home. But now you're saying you would pay for health care... which is considerably more money than a taxi and still probably would say you have to find your own way home

1) I-had-no-money-at-the-time
2) a private firm would have billed me and sent it to my address. I had my ID so they could have at least held me to it. you think a taxi service would have done that/ I think there's a differnce in standards between doctors and taxi drivers...
Oh cry me a river. The NHS is a health service not a taxi service. You have to find your own way unless it's a emergency. And you have to find your own way back, regardless of the situation. Deal with it.

I got knocked out for no reason by a very drunken person, with my legs messed up from the fall/tumble to the pavement, and *this* is what you tell me when I have to walk 8 miles home after being the victim of such an attack? :| and you ****ing insane? **** this
Original post by ethereal world
so today i woke up on the 4th day of having extremely bad inner ear pain in my right ear. It is literally excruciating to touch.

I actually became a little concerned of the persistence of it but obviously when you work full time you tend to just soldier on because it doesn't seem worth taking time off for.

So today i woke up and was in agony so called nhs 24 on 111. The guy i spoke to was incredible. He talked through all my symptoms, made sure i was safe, and spoke with a nurse about my issue. He then contacted a local hospital and i have an appointment there in an hour. An hour!

The phone call lasted about 10 minutes and i only had to wait a minute to get through. The fact that all this is free at the point of access is just amazing.

There have been numerous times in the past when the nhs have helped me- with my under active thyroid, with my mental health (especially when i needed urgent support), when i had my wisdom teeth out.

But today i just realised how amazing it is and how much i take it for granted.

If the nhs has helped you with whatever and whenever, show some appreciation!

privatise the nhs
um, and am I meant to take somebody who is subject to obvious irrational prejudice seriously...?

I understand your grievance but tax payers money shouldn't be spent on people irresponsibly getting too drunk to take care of their own body.
Original post by youreanutter
privatise the nhs

Why would you like to privatise the NHS ?
Original post by Ethereal World
I understand your grievance but tax payers money shouldn't be spent on people irresponsibly getting too drunk to take care of their own body.

no, I'm sorry, I've had it with this thread. you're the 3rd person to assume that I got knocked out *because* of drinking. another person knocked me out for no reason, and, like I've said twice now, it was caught on CCTV and the person that broke my tooth, opened my bottom lip and torn apart my blood-soaked clothes, was wanted, and the police, for 3 weeks, were keeping me updated in their efforts to catch the criminal. if the event caused me to be hardly able to walk (I was hobbling as one of my ankles had been twisted when I apparently tumbled down to the floor when I was hit) then I should expect my ****ing NHS to have helped me home when I had no money or wallet. it was 7-8 miles away.
(edited 8 years ago)
received a letter yesterday regarding hospital appointment. earliest appointment is on the first week of August. Good ****.
no, I'm sorry, I've had it with this thread. you're the 3rd person to assume that I got knocked out *because* of drinking. another person knocked me out for no reason, and, like I've said twice now, it was caught on CCTV and the person that broke my tooth, opened my bottom lip and torn apart my blood-soaked clothes, was wanted, and the police, for 3 weeks, were keeping me updated in their efforts to catch the criminal. if the event caused me to be hardly able to walk (I was hobbling as one of my ankles had been twisted when I apparently tumbled down to the floor when I was hit) then I should expect my ****ing NHS to have helped me home when I had no money or wallet. it was 7-8 miles away.

Why didn't you stay in overnight if it was that bad ?
Why didn't you stay in overnight if it was that bad ?

they didn't allow me to. and by the time they'd finished with me it was morning. I got to the hospital at about 1am and I got seen at about 7am. literally, I waited in a waiting room for 6 hours. I wasn't given anything to drink, I wasn't given bandages/ice. nothing. the doctors just sat in front of me chuckling to themselves about nothing.
(edited 8 years ago)
they didn't allow me to. and by the time they'd finished with me it was morning. I got to the hospital at about 1am and I got seen at about 7am. literally, I waited in a waiting room for 6 hours. I wasn't given anything to drink, I wasn't given bandages/ice. nothing.

Where abouts do you live in the country?
Where abouts do you live in the country?

the south. I not disclosing where exactly.
the south. I not disclosing where exactly.

How is your first day on TSR going?
How is your first day on TSR going?

badly.
Tags a few people who probably have some thoughts.

I have a love/hate relationship with the NHS. :colondollar:
badly.

Howcome you joined?

What would Farage do to improve the NHS?

Do you not have any family or friends that could have helped you out?
Original post by Airmed
I have a love/hate relationship with the NHS. :colondollar:

For MH stuff I have to admit I do.

But my god today they were amazing. The doctor tho :love:

At least he was treating me and not making pointless threads on TSR :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest