The Student Room Group

Pooping a lot, literally

So I have my 2nd year law exams coming up which are terrifyingly hard and I seem to go and poop at least 8 times a day (I wish I was exaggerating). Is that normal?
hw is tht even possible?
I was always under the impression that you don't do poos, for you are a lady :eyeball:
idk i'd see a doc
Reply 4
Original post by mariam687
hw is tht even possible?

Honestly, I don't even know. I wish I had an answer for you buddy..

Original post by WoodyMKC
I was always under the impression that you don't do poos, for you are a lady :eyeball:

Oh I may be a lady, but I'm special.. So I'm a special lady :wink:

Original post by TSR Mustafa
idk i'd see a doc

I think the doctor will just laugh at me.
Reply 5
Original post by euphrosyne
I think the doctor will just laugh at me.

No they won't, go see a Doctor it's probably IBS
maybe you have a problem where your bowel cant get everything out all at once

idk if this is a thing :smile:
Are you having abdominal pain with this too?
i **** a lot, metaphorically
Reply 9
Original post by iEthan
Are you having abdominal pain with this too?

Without being too yuck, no, but my ******* itself hurts. It feels like I'm trying to squeeze a needle out of it. (I'm so sorry for the graphics)
Without being too yuck, no, but my ******* itself hurts. It feels like I'm trying to squeeze a needle out of it. (I'm so sorry for the graphics)

Hmmm, definitely see a doctor...
Reply 11
It could just be nerves, if your worried go see a doctor but your probably fine...

EDIT: After elucidation given after I wrote my OP, you should probably see a doctor...
(edited 8 years ago)
Pooping a lot can be symptom of stress. Whenever I am panicky or stressed, one of the first things that happens to me is I start to **** a lot. I spend more time on the toilet than off it when I am really anxious and I am sure your upcoming exams will be causing you a lot of stress so that could be a big reason for your excess pooping.
Original post by John55
It could just be nerves, if your worried go see a doctor but your probably fine...

EDIT: After clarification given after I wrote my OP, you should probably see a doctor...

Original post by Spock's Socks
Pooping a lot can be symptom of stress. Whenever I am panicky or stressed, one of the first things that happens to me is I start to **** a lot. I spend more time on the toilet than off it when I am really anxious and I am sure your upcoming exams will be causing you a lot of stress so that could be a big reason for your excess pooping.

Yeah I thought it would be my stress/anxiety too, as right now I am my most stressed/anxious. But then at the same time, I wasn't sure if there was a link or not, and if it was normal or not. I'll pay a visit to my doctor though, thank you!
So I have my 2nd year law exams coming up which are terrifyingly hard and I seem to go and poop at least 8 times a day (I wish I was exaggerating). Is that normal?

There's your answer.

This isn't generally normal, but for your condition it is as you seem to be showing symptoms of anxiety and stress. Stress can cause bowel problems and bad digestion. Can I ask what your eating habits are like recently? Are they different to usual - do you eat a lot/little?

Try some techniques to calm yourself such as doing an activity you love or even meditation and breathing techniques (4-7-8 breathing exercise is really great, give it a try). Exercise will solve everything though, even a brisk 15 minute walk in fresh air will do you good and also help you revise better. Apart from that, don't worry so much and believe in yourself.

Give it a few days and if nothing is working, I know it's embarrassing but try your GP :smile:
Reply 15
Exam stress always affected my digestive system. It's a very demanding time. Reduced my libido too, which takes something. Apparently men can only focus on one thing intently at a given time period.
Reply 16

Quick Reply

Latest