The Student Room Group

Topic: C4 Integration

Hey,

So I actually know nothing about A-level maths or what I've asked for help on in the title of this thread.

Long story short, my sister is studying maths at a-level and the teacher she has is absolutely useless at this stage of the learning process. He doesn't know what he's doing anymore than the kids in his class and I'm worried that my sister hasn't received the adequate learning in this area necessary to succeed in answering questions.

She's a super bright and clever girl who is looking to study medicine at Nottingham University next year, but this part of the a-level maths course is according to her the hardest stuff she's ever done and her teacher doesn't have the capability to properly teach her (or her classmates tho I only care about my sister obviously) about 'integration'.

I'm therefore pleading that someone with a good understanding of this area of a-level maths would be able to help explain to my sister anything that she isn't 100% fluent with.

Get in touch with a reply if you'd like to give some time to help someone who is so clever and smart but is struggling because of a situation that's out of her hands. If it has to come to money then I'll be willing to pay someone to help her but previously stated she's super smart and would just need a brief run through.

Topic: Integration
Module: A-level maths 'C4'

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by MitchellBurack

I'm more than happy to help.
Hey,

So I actually know nothing about A-level maths or what I've asked for help on in the title of this thread.

Long story short, my sister is studying maths at a-level and the teacher she has is absolutely useless at this stage of the learning process. He doesn't know what he's doing anymore than the kids in his class and I'm worried that my sister hasn't received the adequate learning in this area necessary to succeed in answering questions.

She's a super bright and clever girl who is looking to study medicine at Nottingham University next year, but this part of the a-level maths course is according to her the hardest stuff she's ever done and her teacher doesn't have the capability to properly teach her (or her classmates tho I only care about my sister obviously) about 'integration'.

I'm therefore pleading that someone with a good understanding of this area of a-level maths would be able to help explain to my sister anything that she isn't 100% fluent with.

Get in touch with a reply if you'd like to give some time to help someone who is so clever and smart but is struggling because of a situation that's out of her hands. If it has to come to money then I'll be willing to pay someone to help her but previously stated she's super smart and would just need a brief run through.

Topic: Integration
Module: A-level maths 'C4'

Thanks guys :smile:

I wouldn't mind helping either :smile:. Do you know which exam board your sister is studying maths with? Integration is slightly different between AQA, OCR and Edexcel.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
I'm more than happy to help.

Messaged back! Thanks :biggrin:

Original post by Dapperblook22
I wouldn't mind helping either :smile:. Do you know which exam board your sister is studying maths with? Integration is slightly different between AQA, OCR and Edexcel.

Hey, thanks for the reply! She's with Edexcel for her a-level maths, so if you think you'd still be able to help then that'd be humbly appreciated.
Messaged back! Thanks :biggrin:

Hey, thanks for the reply! She's with Edexcel for her a-level maths, so if you think you'd still be able to help then that'd be humbly appreciated.

I am with AQA, although I have checked through the Edexcel spec and it is not too different from AQA for integration requirements. Some of what Edexcel requires for Core 4 integration, AQA covers in Core 3 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest