The Student Room Group

Let's have a chit chat :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amellia123
Oh right I see! Haha that's cool :biggrin: I know what you mean, the student life is fantastic - student wise it is the same size as Sheffield actually (20,000 students). Yeah that's true - at least I will never be bored!

Haha boredom sucks. I'm planning to go to London but it will be so expensive, I'll rake up debt like no other but I hear you get higher loans. The local university where I live is the University of Bedfordshire lol which has awful night life and is poorly ranked. Plus, I want to go to university outside of where I live for a great experience.
Original post by Rhythmical
Haha boredom sucks. I'm planning to go to London but it will be so expensive, I'll rake up debt like no other but I hear you get higher loans. The local university where I live is the University of Bedfordshire lol which has awful night life and is poorly ranked. Plus, I want to go to university outside of where I live for a great experience.

God ikr :lol: Ahh right that would be so cool! And I see what you mean - that does sound a bit annoying :/ Ahh right I see, oh dear that doesn't sound brilliant does it?! Yeah same, you will enjoy it more that way I think :smile:
God ikr :lol: Ahh right that would be so cool! And I see what you mean - that does sound a bit annoying :/ Ahh right I see, oh dear that doesn't sound brilliant does it?! Yeah same, you will enjoy it more that way I think :smile:

Haha true. Where I live, it is really bad and boring. It's more of a family town with boring stuff to do. I consider living out after uni some place whenever I find my dream job. What would you do as a career?
Haha true. Where I live, it is really bad and boring. It's more of a family town with boring stuff to do. I consider living out after uni some place whenever I find my dream job. What would you do as a career?

Aww that's such a shame... however in the past few years Sheffield centre has gone a bit downhill.... well it kind of went downhill when we got Meadowhall but still :lol: I know what you mean. And hopefully Civil Engineering! How about yourself? :smile:
Aww that's such a shame... however in the past few years Sheffield centre has gone a bit downhill.... well it kind of went downhill when we got Meadowhall but still :lol: I know what you mean. And hopefully Civil Engineering! How about yourself? :smile:

I heard that Sheffield has a low employment rate (might be speculation) but wow Civil Engineering sounds good, I never expected you would go for that as it seems quite male oriented but yeah go for it. And I want to do English (boring) I know haha.
I heard that Sheffield has a low employment rate (might be speculation) but wow Civil Engineering sounds good, I never expected you would go for that as it seems quite male oriented but yeah go for it. And I want to do English (boring) I know haha.

It does - it has become quite a depressed city in the past few years (especially since the recession) but they have build the new markets and are in the process of building a new shopping area in the centre :smile: it is! and yes, the is less than 20% girls on my course (but there are quite a few shared lectures with other subjects). Haha neither did I, I mean I'm not really girly but it is quite 'male' :lol: Englihs sounds good - quite a few people in my year have gone for English! So many career opportunities too
It does - it has become quite a depressed city in the past few years (especially since the recession) but they have build the new markets and are in the process of building a new shopping area in the centre :smile: it is! and yes, the is less than 20% girls on my course (but there are quite a few shared lectures with other subjects). Haha neither did I, I mean I'm not really girly but it is quite 'male' :lol: Englihs sounds good - quite a few people in my year have gone for English! So many career opportunities too

Aww but it will bounce back, Sheffield needs the glory! And wow 20% seems not that low but it depends on how many people are in your classes already. I tend to have 6/8 in every one of my classes except Media which has a ton lol. And English does have a variety of job opportunities but people bash it so badly.
Aww but it will bounce back, Sheffield needs the glory! And wow 20% seems not that low but it depends on how many people are in your classes already. I tend to have 6/8 in every one of my classes except Media which has a ton lol. And English does have a variety of job opportunities but people bash it so badly.

Haha yeah I know what you mean!! Yeah true, I think there is 120 in the year?! Ahh I see, some of my classes really small too especially chem!) I know I and I dot understand why - I always thought it was a very respectable subject!
Haha yeah I know what you mean!! Yeah true, I think there is 120 in the year?! Ahh I see, some of my classes really small too especially chem!) I know I and I dot understand why - I always thought it was a very respectable subject!

My school has at least 120 in its sixth form altogether haha! And English is very generic - hence why people bash it as it doesn't lead to anywhere specific which in itself should be a good thing. Plus it isn't an easy subject either.
My school has at least 120 in its sixth form altogether haha! And English is very generic - hence why people bash it as it doesn't lead to anywhere specific which in itself should be a good thing. Plus it isn't an easy subject either.

really?! there are about 500 at my school! I see what you mean there, and no its so difficult! I couldn't have done an a level in it that's for sure!
really?! there are about 500 at my school! I see what you mean there, and no its so difficult! I couldn't have done an a level in it that's for sure!

Oh there is about 800 at my school but 120 in the sixth form before you think I go to school near a remote island xD and aww I think you're smart, you could have done an A Level in it.
Oh there is about 800 at my school but 120 in the sixth form before you think I go to school near a remote island xD and aww I think you're smart, you could have done an A Level in it.

Ahh sorry I meant 500 in the sixth form :tongue: Hahaha oh I see!! Aww that's kind of you to say so, however I have never been very good at English I'm afraid :lol:
Ahh sorry I meant 500 in the sixth form :tongue: Hahaha oh I see!! Aww that's kind of you to say so, however I have never been very good at English I'm afraid :lol:

You serious?! Wow that is a huge number, it must be a huge school haha! And aww English just needs a few skills and you're good to go.
You serious?! Wow that is a huge number, it must be a huge school haha! And aww English just needs a few skills and you're good to go.

It is a big school yes (I think there are about 1,600 students?!) Haha yeah I suppose that's true, but I'm not creative and I cant spell very well at all :lol:
It is a big school yes (I think there are about 1,600 students?!) Haha yeah I suppose that's true, but I'm not creative and I cant spell very well at all :lol:

Bloody hell! I don't even know 1,600 people! It must be a big school. It reminds me of the fancy ones which have glass panel buildings and had millions donated to renovate it.
Bloody hell! I don't even know 1,600 people! It must be a big school. It reminds me of the fancy ones which have glass panel buildings and had millions donated to renovate it.

Haha ikr! Change over is an absolute nightmare (doesn't help that I'm so small :lol:) Oh I wish it was like that - its just a boring box-standard beige brick building with some grey extension stuck on the side :rofl: It became an Academy a few years ago too
Haha ikr! Change over is an absolute nightmare (doesn't help that I'm so small :lol:) Oh I wish it was like that - its just a boring box-standard beige brick building with some grey extension stuck on the side :rofl: It became an Academy a few years ago too

Aw I know how you feel, some Year 11 kids are so tall I feel like a midget :tongue: and that explains why it is huge and probably looks nice, it's an Academy! My school is turning into one soon and merging with the awful middle school near by. And we have middle schools where I live. They are for kids aged 9-13 as we have a three tier system.
Aw I know how you feel, some Year 11 kids are so tall I feel like a midget :tongue: and that explains why it is huge and probably looks nice, it's an Academy! My school is turning into one soon and merging with the awful middle school near by. And we have middle schools where I live. They are for kids aged 9-13 as we have a three tier system.

Haha ikr! I don't know how they get that tall! Yeah it is - though its run very poorly.... we so get good Ofsted reviews but the behaviour is honestly that of a failing school.... Ahh right I see! Aww that doesn't sound good then! Oh right, there are a few in near to where live but its mainly 11-18. Ahh I see, I think I would prefer that - would have to deal the awful y9's then :lol:
Haha ikr! I don't know how they get that tall! Yeah it is - though its run very poorly.... we so get good Ofsted reviews but the behaviour is honestly that of a failing school.... Ahh right I see! Aww that doesn't sound good then! Oh right, there are a few in near to where live but its mainly 11-18. Ahh I see, I think I would prefer that - would have to deal the awful y9's then :lol:

My school is like that but we have awful Ofsted reviews but the behaviour is so bad! I'm really good as I've never had detention in my whole life, such a teacher's pet :tongue:.
My school is like that but we have awful Ofsted reviews but the behaviour is so bad! I'm really good as I've never had detention in my whole life, such a teacher's pet :tongue:.

Haha oh right - you would have though with fewer kids it would have been better! Same actually, I never a had a detention either :tongue: I think I was my maths teachers pet but that's only because I had been in his class for 5 years :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest