The Student Room Group

Help please i'm stressing - french

I'm stressing out I'm a private candidate for A2 french and for the whole year my teacher did BARELY anything to help me. My speaking exam is literally in like 3 weeks and my gcses are so close too and I haven't written up the second cultural topic (painter) and I feel that I've chosen a really hard one and I hate asking my mum for help (she speaks french) cos she just accuses me saying it's my fault and stresses me out even more! I can't find ANY examples on the internet or an exemplar with high marks cos I wanna get an A and I thought if I get an A/A* for speaking and a B for the main paper I could average out as an A but I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't wanna get a C or something. Last year for AS the teacher was useless again and I was only informed about the exams 2 WEEKS before so I prepared in those two weeks and miraculously I did well in speaking but only got a C in the main paper :/

I have to talk about EDGAR DEGAS and I've been giving some next up complex plan. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I CRIED.

I wrote the intro but my teacher told me to start all over again!

The first point says "1. Introduce Degas - Life - start of career" but do I add in how over the years he learnt different techniques and how he preferred to be called a realist rather than an impressionist and how his eyesight became worse etc etc?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by geniequeen48
I'm stressing out I'm a private candidate for A2 french and for the whole year my teacher did BARELY anything to help me. My speaking exam is literally in like 3 weeks and my gcses are so close too and I haven't written up the second cultural topic (painter) and I feel that I've chosen a really hard one and I hate asking my mum for help (she speaks french) cos she just accuses me saying it's my fault and stresses me out even more! I can't find ANY examples on the internet or an exemplar with high marks cos I wanna get an A and I thought if I get an A/A* for speaking and a B for the main paper I could average out as an A but I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't wanna get a C or something. Last year for AS the teacher was useless again and I was only informed about the exams 2 WEEKS before so I prepared in those two weeks and miraculously I did well in speaking but only got a C in the main paper :/

I have to talk about EDGAR DEGAS and I've been giving some next up complex plan. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I CRIED.

I wrote the intro but my teacher told me to start all over again!

The first point says "1. Introduce Degas - Life - start of career" but do I add in how over the years he learnt different techniques and how he preferred to be called a realist rather than an impressionist and how his eyesight became worse etc etc?

it's ok OP everything will be fine

i summon @FrenchUnicorn to help :biggrin:
x

Awww OP :heart: there there :console:

You need help for your Degas work right ? Why did your teacher wanted you to start again ? Was your french bad ? Or was it your plan ?

Plus, I'm a french native, if you need any tips to learn/improve let me know :h:

So about Degas ! Tell me everything ! :yep:

Original post by thefatone
x

Thanks again :hugs: I wouls have miss the thread !
Original post by FrenchUnicorn

Thanks again :hugs: I wouls have miss the thread !

yay! i have been useful today :biggrin:
Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by thefatone
yay! i have been useful today :biggrin:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Awww OP :heart: there there :console:

You need help for your Degas work right ? Why did your teacher wanted you to start again ? Was your french bad ? Or was it your plan ?

Plus, I'm a french native, if you need any tips to learn/improve let me know :h:

So about Degas ! Tell me everything ! :yep:

Thank you haha, but miraculously I managed to write at least the intro and two analysis' of two of his works. It's too long tho and I still have like 2 or 3 more paragraphs to do..Haha my second language is french so my french wasn't bad haha, just messy intro. He gave me a plan (my teacher) but I would just like to know any tips on how to get the highest marks possible?
Thank you haha, but miraculously I managed to write at least the intro and two analysis' of two of his works. It's too long tho and I still have like 2 or 3 more paragraphs to do..Haha my second language is french so my french wasn't bad haha, just messy intro. He gave me a plan (my teacher) but I would just like to know any tips on how to get the highest marks possible?

I'm sure you're good at french :yep:

To have the highest marks possible you need to think in french - literally -
To do so, I suggest you to listen to french music EVERY DAY, to watch 10min of the french news every day , to start watching movies in french WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES (and try to concentrate on the new words you hear and relate them to the subtitles ) and if you can read a few pages of a french book every day before you go to sleep it's awesome.

If you do that, you'll improve A LOT really quickly, that's how I learned english myself :yep:

If you wanna talk to a native to practise , don't hesitate to PM me :h:

And also if you ever need help, tag me/ PM me, I'd be happy to help :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending