The Student Room Group

The NHS is amazing !

Scroll to see replies

@Ethereal World How did it go then? What's wrong with your ear? :jumphug:

Original post by ByronicHero
x

I would take that seriously if it was a Polandball comic ngl

Really a lot of you don't know a big NHS hack. If your GP wants to refer you, you have the right to choose which hospital you want to be referred to, and which consultant you want to go to. This is what I did for my anemia. My local hospital has long waiting times and dated facilities, so I asked my GP to refer me to The Royal London Hospital, the wait time was about 5 minutes.

You see if you do some prior research, read reviews of consultants and hospitals, that can really help.

Obviously you can't do this in an emergency, but nevertheless my mother still requested for me to be taken to a different hospital to what the ambulance crew were originally going to take me to. This hospital had better facilities etc etc.

The NHS is a diamond in the rough, but I do have to admit, even my home country has better waiting times than here. It's got it's faults but it has been around for a LONG time and we should be grateful that we have it. :smile:
Original post by DorianGrayism
You are just making things up. Nurses don't go out and chat in the waiting room with the Receptionists.

no, I assure you I'm not. they were dressed in the typical nurse uniforms and were wearing gloves/"bibs", as if they were ready to treat. the fact that you're in a staate of disbelief is consoling at least.

As I said before, you woke up because you were drunk. People that are knocked unconsciousness do not take 20 minutes to wake up unless they are on drugs.

Again, just another reason to believe that this story is made up.

no, they were shaking me awake when were were about a mile away from the hospital because I was going to need to walk. you weren't there so I have no idea how you are able to confirm that.

Precisely. It wasn't that serious. That is why you were in the waiting room.

I had half a tooth and a hole in my face. I don't know how serious you're wanting this to be exactly...
Original post by Platopus
You made a spelling mistake in your title! You need to add a "ly incompetent" onto the end I think.

I'm not going to say how but they almost killed me a few years back.

Can you elaborate :redface:
Some trusts are much worse than others ngl. Fortunately my area has some pretty top notch hospitals...
Original post by homeland.lsw
@Ethereal World How did it go then? What's wrong with your ear? :jumphug:

I would take that seriously if it was a Polandball comic ngl

Really a lot of you don't know a big NHS hack. If your GP wants to refer you, you have the right to choose which hospital you want to be referred to, and which consultant you want to go to. This is what I did for my anemia. My local hospital has long waiting times and dated facilities, so I asked my GP to refer me to The Royal London Hospital, the wait time was about 5 minutes.

You see if you do some prior research, read reviews of consultants and hospitals, that can really help.

Obviously you can't do this in an emergency, but nevertheless my mother still requested for me to be taken to a different hospital to what the ambulance crew were originally going to take me to. This hospital had better facilities etc etc.

The NHS is a diamond in the rough, but I do have to admit, even my home country has better waiting times than here. It's got it's faults but it has been around for a LONG time and we should be grateful that we have it. :smile:

Thank you for asking.

So it wasn't looking good. My temp was just over 38 and blood pressure like 97/58 which is pretty low. My ear was also dying of pain.

But the doctor gave me antibiotics (it's bacterial not viral which I guess is probably good although in terms of the location of the ear I'm glad I got it seen to) and since I drank some Coke and took all the medicine I feel okay, albeit a lacklustre right now.
I have nothing nice to say about the NHS, so I wont say anything.
Original post by FarageCollage
no, I assure you I'm not. they were dressed in the typical nurse uniforms and were wearing gloves/"bibs", as if they were ready to treat. the fact that you're in a staate of disbelief is consoling at least.

Nurses wouldn't wear gloves in a non-clinical area. They don't even wear it when they are meant to.

That is just complete *******s.

no, they were shaking me awake when were were about a mile away from the hospital because I was going to need to walk. you weren't there so I have no idea how you are able to confirm that.

You are talking rubbish. They are not going to wake you up. They are just going to put you on a stretcher. Especially if you had a fall and are knocked out.

Some of it might be true but then a lot of it is just BS. The part of about the waking up in the ambulance all of a sudden, half drunk, and nurses talking with receptionists is just made up.

I had half a tooth and a hole in my face. I don't know how serious you're wanting this to be exactly...

Try heart attack, stroke, broken bones, pneumothorax, and etc. Things that can actually kill you.
Original post by Ethereal World
Thank you for asking.

So it wasn't looking good. My temp was just over 38 and blood pressure like 97/58 which is pretty low. My ear was also dying of pain.

But the doctor gave me antibiotics (it's bacterial not viral which I guess is probably good although in terms of the location of the ear I'm glad I got it seen to) and since I drank some Coke and took all the medicine I feel okay, albeit a lacklustre right now.

Well get well soon...! Remember to finish your whole course of antibiotics to prevent any antibiotic resistant bacteria from arising :awesome:

Ok I've been silently hating on everything you've been saying, but I won't argue with you because I can already see people are :I

BUT This has happened to me as well. Granted I wasn't in a serious position like you, but I needed to have stitches removed. The nurses were just laughing and joking and flirting with another member of staff. It was really unprofessional. We complained and they said they were busy and we should stop being entitled.

My jaw dropped...
It was 8am in the morning on a tuesday, we were the only ones there!! What? What games are they playing? In the end we complained and the consultant (A FRICKING CONSULTANT) came to do the role of a nurse.

That was disgusting behaviour. No doubt those two members of staff were reported.
Nurses wouldn't wear gloves in a non-clinical area. They don't even wear it when they are meant to.

That is just complete *******s.

they literally were, I don't care if you don't believe me.

You are talking rubbish. They are not going to wake you up. They are just going to put you on a stretcher. Especially if you had a fall and are knocked out.

again, you're just consoling me here. if you're saying "they shouldn't have done that" then thank you. I felt very mistreated. but I don't know how much time you expect a person to be knocked out for?

Some of it might be true but then a lot of it is just BS. The part of about the waking up in the ambulance all of a sudden, half drunk, and nurses talking with receptionists is just made up.

look, I don't think you've got a clue and I think you're just flinging mud at the moment. you don't care what's true or false, you just want to hurl abuse. if it's because of my avatar I wouldn't be ****ing shocked.

Try heart attack, stroke, broken bones, pneumothorax, and etc. Things that can actually kill you.

that's setting the bar ****ing high when there was almost NOBODY else there at the same time.
Well get well soon...! Remember to finish your whole course of antibiotics to prevent any antibiotic resistant bacteria from arising :awesome:

Dw my biology degree drilled that in more than once :smug:
Ok I've been silently hating on everything you've been saying, but I won't argue with you because I can already see people are :I

BUT This has happened to me as well. Granted I wasn't in a serious position like you, but I needed to have stitches removed. The nurses were just laughing and joking and flirting with another member of staff. It was really unprofessional. We complained and they said they were busy and we should stop being entitled.

My jaw dropped...
It was 8am in the morning on a tuesday, we were the only ones there!! What? What games are they playing? In the end we complained and the consultant (A FRICKING CONSULTANT) came to do the role of a nurse.

That was disgusting behaviour. No doubt those two members of staff were reported.

...oh. you've been silently hating me even though you agree with me. wow.

You do seem pretty hateable tbf.
they literally were, I don't care if you don't believe me.

again, you're just consoling me here. if you're saying "they shouldn't have done that" then thank you. I felt very mistreated. but I don't know how much time you expect a person to be knocked out for?

look, I don't think you've got a clue and I think you're just flinging mud at the moment. you don't care what's true or false, you just want to hurl abuse. if it's because of my avatar I wouldn't be ****ing shocked.

No, it is because you are lying. Nurses/Doctors talking to Receptionists in A and E at 3am. The Ambulance waking you up while you are on a stretcher so they can get you walk.

Made up.

As I said before, some of it is probably true. You probably got punched in the face when you were drunk and had to wait in A and E for 6 hours.

that's setting the bar ****ing high when there was almost NOBODY else there at the same time.

How would you know if you are in the waiting room?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SmashConcept
You do seem pretty hateable tbf.

oh yeah? why is that? my avatar?

Literally this is the only thing which I have to defend you for...it does happen.
Let's say, I don't agree with the majority of what you've said but I don't want to argue with you, (or anyone else for that matter) because it doesn't achieve anything.

Original post by Ethereal World
Dw my biology degree drilled that in more than once :smug:

:ahee: Yay for MRSA!

Spoiler

No, it is because you are lying. Nurses/Doctors talking to Receptionists in A and E at 3am. The Ambulance waking you up while you are on a stretcher so they can get you walk.

Made up.

there is another user who's recently commented saying that they experienced the same exact ****ing thing! they said "I don't like you but that happened to me as well" - why would they lie?

How would you know if you are in the waiting room?

because if I was in the waiting room I could see who else was there, durrrrrrrrr
Literally this is the only thing which I have to defend you for...it does happen.
Let's say, I don't agree with the majority of what you've said but I don't want to argue with you, (or anyone else for that matter) because it doesn't achieve anything.

:ahee: Yay for MRSA!

Spoiler

but what have I even done which you don't like...?
oh yeah? why is that? my avatar?

Well it sounds like someone got so annoyed with you that they punched a hole in your face, knocked one of your teeth into it, smashed up your arm and sprained your ankle. Then the NHS couldn't even get motivated to provide you with sympathy/treatment. No smoke without fire IMO.
there is another user who's recently commented saying that they experienced the same exact ****ing thing! they said "I don't like you but that happened to me as well" - why would they lie?

Because they were getting stitches removed in a clinic. They were not in A and E at 3 am in the morning with the Doctors and Nurses having a chat with the receptionist.

because if I was in the waiting room I could see who else was there, durrrrrrrrr

No, you cannot see how busy it is behind the door. Therefore, you don't know who is there.
Original post by SmashConcept
Well it sounds like someone got so annoyed with you that they punched a hole in your face, knocked one of your teeth into it, smashed up your arm and sprained your ankle. Then the NHS couldn't even get motivated to provide you with sympathy/treatment. No smoke without fire IMO.

the person who knocked me out, according to the police and CCTV, was heavily drunk. I remember it to some extent as well. they were shouting (I can't remember if it was at me or at another person) but the next thing I knew I was in an ambulance. you're victim blaming.

Quick Reply

Latest