The Student Room Group

Any non religious Muslims around?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fire_and_ice
Somewhat, I suppose. I barely pray the conventional way (which is nothing to boast about) and eat non-halal food from time to time.

I genuinely am working on changing, though. There are a few things I need to get my head around, or figure out. I've never been one to commit to a thing unless I'm sure it's what I want. I feel as though I can truly become a Muslim when I analyse and understand its beauty word for word. That is the day I'll proudly say that I'm a Muslim.

Btw I am still here to help if you remembered the questions you wanted to ask me :redface:
Original post by Deliciously
One of the reasons why I am on the verge of leaving

I hear you.

Apparently there is "no compulsion in religion" but apostates are condemned to death.

Only Muslims can reconcile that transparent contradiction.
Original post by Rhythmical
You shouldn't know about weed. Your little..

I know more than just weed.... :colone:
Anyways!!! Have fun at your old age!!! I will be here at 13 for the rest of my life

Spoiler

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I know more than just weed.... :colone:
Anyways!!! Have fun at your old age!!! I will be here at 13 for the rest of my life

Spoiler

I'm kinda dumb lol. No I think you either live in Neverland lol or you're much older.
I'm kinda dumb lol. No I think you either live in Neverland lol or you're much older.

Or I'm a vampire..... :wizard:

Spoiler

Or I'm a vampire..... :wizard:

Spoiler

Ah but are wizards real?
Reply 226
Original post by hxfsxh
'Go pray'

I couldn't resist, sorry :lol:

Seeing as a muslim is someone who believes in the religion of muslam, then no. all muslims are religious :tongue:
Ah but are wizards real?

Who cares about wizards, if I'm a vampire???
Who cares about wizards, if I'm a vampire???

They aren't real. :tongue: They are a fictional interpretation of fantasy created by literature.
They aren't real. :tongue: They are a fictional interpretation of fantasy created by literature.

OK! Maybe vampires aren't real but wizards are....
It's called black magic....!

There, there have your 40th follower! :biggrin:
OK! Maybe vampires aren't real but wizards are....
It's called black magic....!

There, there have your 40th follower! :biggrin:

You still have more than me :tongue: but thank you haha.
I think it's because my family is more cultural than religious and I haven't had the best religious upbringing. Like I'm not a bad Muslim, I'm just someone who finds it hard to believe in the reglion.

Don't believe in it just because you think you should, only believe in it if you actually believe it to be true. If you're deciding on and off whether you believe, you probably don't actually believe, and that's fine.
Original post by daviem
Don't believe in it just because you think you should, only believe in it if you actually believe it to be true. If you're deciding on and off whether you believe, you probably don't actually believe, and that's fine.

No that is true, thank you. Like I have mentioned, I am going through a time in my life where I am finding myself and maybe that is it.
Original post by lNurl
I know for sure in my area it's not halal :smile:

It's halal.
Reply 235
Original post by Zamestaneh
Completely random question but I'm curious: if a man stood before you and said he was God, and gave life to the dead right in front of you and made the rain fall from the sky on a clear sunny day and performed tonnes of miracles that you observed with your own eyes, would you accept that he's God? :holmes: I'm wondering what it would take for you to believe
If I (and others. I could be mistaken) verifiably witnessed something that could have no possible, natural explanation, then of course, I would have to consider the supernatural.

Let me ask you a similar one.
When all the claims of religion (Islam, in your case) have been shown either to have natural explanations, or to be false (or at best, unknown), why do you still insist that it must be the supernatural, despite there being zero evidence for the supernatural?
Reply 236
Original post by chemting
Nandos is halal is it not? Lots of Muslims in my area eat at nandos :smile:

I guess it depends on area ofc
20% of Nandos serve halal chicken. 100% of that halal chicken is pre-stunned (so not halal, according to some).
https://www.nandos.co.uk/help/does-nandos-serve-halal-chicken
Original post by QE2
If I (and others. I could be mistaken) verifiably witnessed something that could have no possible, natural explanation, then of course, I would have to consider the supernatural.

Let me ask you a similar one.
When all the claims of religion (Islam, in your case) have been shown either to have natural explanations, or to be false (or at best, unknown), why do you still insist that it must be the supernatural, despite there being zero evidence for the supernatural?

Is it really necessary for you to always comment on a thread to do with religion?? You seem to try to seduce people.
Original post by *Alisha*
Is it really necessary for you to always comment on a thread to do with religion?? You seem to try to seduce people.

Yes. it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it isn't. How is this going to help you with your life?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending