The Student Room Group

GAP is racist!!!

Scroll to see replies

Racism is a word that does not mean anything. I literally do not know what racism means?
I somehow doubt that if you reversed the skin colours anybody would be batting an eye, other than the people who like to point out SJW hypocrisy wherever they see it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh it is kind of dodgy that she's using the little girl as her prop it'd have been a stupid choice whether or not she was black but unfortunately for them it's even worse that there's a perceived racist undertone :/
Oh yeah I saw this earlier, I rolled my eyes when I scrolled down and saw the reason why it was apparently racist.
Me before opening article: I bet it's whinging about nothing.

Me after opening article: It's good to be right!
Original post by Dodgypirate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35968787

This is an example of passive racism in the US.

No this is an example of a retarded society that has forgotten what a real issue is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
No this is an example of a retarded society that has forgotten what a real issue is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. I can't stand social Justice.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
No I don't think this is passive/ hidden racism. It's just a pose, a badly positioned photograph but that is all there is. I doubt there was any intention behind it.

Here is a very clear example of hidden racism.

Nearly all white ladies on the train instantly took side with each other, made out they were better educated ("I work at google plus, SHUT UP":wink: and better dressed ("LOOK AT HER SHOES":wink: than the black lady on the train, they were incredibly disrespectful to her when asking to change seats. That to me is passive racism. Being discriminatory without airing it clearly out in the open.

Ugh that video makes me so angry! :angry:

No context in your video.

[video="youtube;1w-MwmFs8e8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w-MwmFs8e8[/video]

All black people clearly sided with the man attacking an old age pensioner and even stood by as someone stole his bag.
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
Original post by Jebedee

[video="youtube;1w-MwmFs8e8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w-MwmFs8e8[/video]

All black people clearly sided with the man attacking an old age pensioner and even stood by as someone stole his bag.

There is context, first the lady asked the black lady to move her bad rudely. Then they got into an argument, the racist part was what you observed clearly in the video, "I work for google+" and "look at her shoes".
Reply 29
Maybe the people saying they are racist should talk to the sisters who are the subject of this and stop upsetting them
There is context, first the lady asked the black lady to move her bad rudely. Then they got into an argument, the racist part was what you observed clearly in the video, "I work for google+" and "look at her shoes".

Ok but the video doesn't start from the beginning of that so it would be biased to take sides on that alone. It is rude to put your bag on a seat when there is quite a few people on the train who might need/want a seat so it is perfectly reasonable to ask someone to move it. Whether she asked rudely or not remains to be seen as the video doesn't show the initial exchange.
Original post by Jebedee
Ok but the video doesn't start from the beginning of that so it would be biased to take sides on that alone. It is rude to put your bag on a seat when there is quite a few people on the train who might need/want a seat so it is perfectly reasonable to ask someone to move it. Whether she asked rudely or not remains to be seen as the video doesn't show the initial exchange.

It's not biased because it's stated in the video how she said it, and the lady who is attempting to make peace agreed it was rude and the other girl shouldn't have asked like that. But that is besides the point, the hidden racism was when she the girl spoke about her job and the ladies clothes.

Biased or not, it doesn't hide that she was being racist. "I work for google+", like how was that relevant in anyway?? -_-
Original post by Jebedee

I'm sure all the apologists claim that the white guy started it all and it was all his fault, just like whenever police get involved in anything with black people with context removed it MUST be the police's fault, it's not like it's their job to enforce the law or anything.
Reply 33

How is that racist?
Is working for Google racist these days?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
How is that racist?
Is working for Google racist these days?

It was intent behind it. It was passive racism suggesting she has better clothes and works a better job than the black lady on the train.
Reply 35
It was intent behind it. It was passive racism suggesting she has better clothes and works a better job than the black lady on the train.

I think her point was look at her clothes she must have a crap job whereas I work for Google I am better and have better clothes
That isn't racist
Even the idea that Google would make an advert that is purposefully racist is completely outlandish

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not biased because it's stated in the video how she said it, and the lady who is attempting to make peace agreed it was rude and the other girl shouldn't have asked like that. But that is besides the point, the hidden racism was when she the girl spoke about her job and the ladies clothes.

Biased or not, it doesn't hide that she was being racist. "I work for google+", like how was that relevant in anyway?? -_-

It is hard to understand all of what is being said in the video but the first mention of race comes from the black woman. Why aren't you asking what is racist about it instead of jumping on the bandwagon? You can tell she clearly has a massive chip on her shoulder, which is evidenced when she says "you don't know the stuff I have to deal with" before going on a massive unnecessary rant which sounds like she's been dying to do all week.

So basically your argument is that it is racist just because they don't distribute their alliance along racial lines and instead go with what they see/hear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending