The Student Room Group

Doctor at the age of 22!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
A medical doctor with a medicine degree is a real doctor. Academic doctors aren't considered doctors by most normal people.

an academic doctor is still a doctor. please don't be so insulting.
Original post by Asklepios
A PhD holder is a real doctor imo, and someone with my a medical degree is really just an 'honorary' doctor really. The word comes from the Latin, docere, meaning to teach. Doctors are academics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but I was mainly stating that they aren't real doctors in the sense that that is not their occupation. It's like someone asking you "what do you do for a living" and you saying "I am a master of science". Most people wouldn't consider Stephen Hawking to be a real doctor, while they would consider a GP to be one.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah but I was mainly stating that they aren't real doctors in the sense that that is not their occupation. It's like someone asking you "what do you do for a living" and you saying "I am a master of science". Most people wouldn't consider Stephen Hawking to be a real doctor, while they would consider a GP to be one.

The profession is a physician. Doctor is just the title

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
The profession is a physician. Doctor is just the title

Posted from TSR Mobile

All right all right, if you say so. But most people, including all the doctors I know, call themselves doctors (or their speciality) when people ask them what they do for a living. I never heard anyone say physician.

Anyway, let's end this lol, the thread is being derailed.
Original post by MildredMalone
It's not about the merits of either position, just the title. Like another poster said, maybe the word they're referred to as shouldn't be "doctor", but "scientist" or something. Science pretty means "knowledge", so that would be better.
Fun fact: academic doctors have been called doctors for longer than physicians and surgeons have.
Original post by a noble chance
What a wonderful thing

Just as long as she´s not on duty when I´m having my heart bypass

I'm sure she's as competent as her older equivalents to be performing the tasks asked of her. People younger than her routinely perform tasks like design the bridges you have crossed and planes you have flown in.
Original post by Smack
I'm sure she's as competent as her older equivalents to be performing the tasks asked of her..

No you aren't

And it was just a joke
"At just nine-years-old Heenal she joined MENSA with an IQ of 170"

F,kinell thats impressive! To put that into perspective my IQ is 134. There is also a decimal in there somewhere too.

As for the other one:

Have to admit here talent is impressive enough, but those baps:nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase:! (altho the face is deceptive for someone of intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest