The Student Room Group

I really want to study abroad... where do I start?

I'm in Year 12 and we're starting to talk a lot about applying to uni, but I've been thinking more and more about how I'd love to go somewhere far away, maybe in Europe, or Asia. And I'm not sure if the same rules apply to get into international universities as they do for unis in the UK.

How and where can I start looking, and what will I need to take into account when looking at going abroad?
Do you have a specific reason for going abroad besides "i want to go abroad"? Because that might give you a hint. If it's about the fees, for example, Germany and the Netherlands are free/cheap. Going outside of Europe will in nearly all cases be very costly. I studied in the Netherlands and I am from Germany, so if you are interested in one of these two countries, I can help you out. Also, what course do you want to do? Maybe rankings can give you an idea of where good unis for that course are.
Original post by Carstairs.
I'm in Year 12 and we're starting to talk a lot about applying to uni, but I've been thinking more and more about how I'd love to go somewhere far away, maybe in Europe, or Asia. And I'm not sure if the same rules apply to get into international universities as they do for unis in the UK.

How and where can I start looking, and what will I need to take into account when looking at going abroad?

Hello,

I applied to universities in Canada, UK, USA, The Netherlands and was going to apply to university in Germany. If you need any help - give me a shout.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending