The Student Room Group

Let's have a chit chat :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amellia123
Haha oh right - you would have though with fewer kids it would have been better! Same actually, I never a had a detention either :tongue: I think I was my maths teachers pet but that's only because I had been in his class for 5 years :lol:

I was nearly going to have one but I avoided it as it was a mistake. And haha being a teacher's pet can be interesting - the other kids can get so jealous. I was a teacher's pet but since A Levels began, we're supposed to be mature and not be favoured by teachers.
Original post by Rhythmical
I was nearly going to have one but I avoided it as it was a mistake. And haha being a teacher's pet can be interesting - the other kids can get so jealous. I was a teacher's pet but since A Levels began, we're supposed to be mature and not be favoured by teachers.

Ahh right I see - that was a close one then!! :lol: I know what you mean - I used to get picked on for it a bit (even though it wasn't even my fault!). And yeah, the alevel teachers don't seem to have favourites!!
Ahh right I see - that was a close one then!! :lol: I know what you mean - I used to get picked on for it a bit (even though it wasn't even my fault!). And yeah, the alevel teachers don't seem to have favourites!!

Aww, A Levels do suck at times. I was contemplenting an apprenticeship but I could never find any decent ones nearby or everything got snapped quickly.
Aww, A Levels do suck at times. I was contemplenting an apprenticeship but I could never find any decent ones nearby or everything got snapped quickly.

They really do (not only because they are so hard!) Oh right! My dad actually wants me to do an apprenticeship instead of going to uni (but I'm still doing uni) Apparently only 7% of the population (working) have been on an apprenticeship compared to 53% who have been to uni which I thought was a bit weird.
They really do (not only because they are so hard!) Oh right! My dad actually wants me to do an apprenticeship instead of going to uni (but I'm still doing uni) Apparently only 7% of the population (working) have been on an apprenticeship compared to 53% who have been to uni which I thought was a bit weird.

I guess it's because apprenticeships are much more newer and some people still assume they aren't good as university which is untrue. There can be apprenticeships at degree level and you get paid and learn on the go. It is viably a better choice but the problem is that they get taken so quickly.
I guess it's because apprenticeships are much more newer and some people still assume they aren't good as university which is untrue. There can be apprenticeships at degree level and you get paid and learn on the go. It is viably a better choice but the problem is that they get taken so quickly.

I know what you mean, most apprenticeships are more directed at a job too, where as some degrees are quite generic. Lloyds bank does a really good apprenticeship (which I think guarantees a job at the end too). They do don't they? Especially the ones in the Police/Fire Service - they only take about 12 per year (per each district)
I know what you mean, most apprenticeships are more directed at a job too, where as some degrees are quite generic. Lloyds bank does a really good apprenticeship (which I think guarantees a job at the end too). They do don't they? Especially the ones in the Police/Fire Service - they only take about 12 per year (per each district)

I haven't heard of the Lloyds one but they do sound good. I like what they offer and the idea behind it - so many people go and do a degree and then never find a job in their degree or struggle to even find a job. Its devastating because honestly all we want in life is to make money and lead a good life.
I haven't heard of the Lloyds one but they do sound good. I like what they offer and the idea behind it - so many people go and do a degree and then never find a job in their degree or struggle to even find a job. Its devastating because honestly all we want in life is to make money and lead a good life.

I know what you mean, they are very underrated in that way which I think is a terrible shame. Also, because they will have spent over £60,000 on getting a degree and still not get a job which seems really sad
I know what you mean, they are very underrated in that way which I think is a terrible shame. Also, because they will have spent over £60,000 on getting a degree and still not get a job which seems really sad

I know people like this and if I ever end up the same way then I'll be so angry. Degrees are too expensive sometimes and often you can never pay off your loan. Although it is wiped off after 30 years if you can't pay it off.
I know people like this and if I ever end up the same way then I'll be so angry. Degrees are too expensive sometimes and often you can never pay off your loan. Although it is wiped off after 30 years if you can't pay it off.

I know what you mean - its a massive loan..... enough to have a decent flat with! I don't get why some people just do a degree for the sake of it - such a waste of money!
I know what you mean - its a massive loan..... enough to have a decent flat with! I don't get why some people just do a degree for the sake of it - such a waste of money!

Apparently it's going to go up now so it'll become harder now to study higher education and get a decent job. I think some people get a degree and never realise the job prospects before hand.
Apparently it's going to go up now so it'll become harder now to study higher education and get a decent job. I think some people get a degree and never realise the job prospects before hand.

Is it really? Gosh I didn't know that! I know what you mean, my friend is doing an economics degree and has no idea what job she actually wants!
Is it really? Gosh I didn't know that! I know what you mean, my friend is doing an economics degree and has no idea what job she actually wants!

So I've heard. Whether or not its true will be confirmed in the next few months. I'm not surprised if it goes up if we leave the European Union. But yeah sometimes doing a degree makes you change your mind about carrying it on as a job.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I am not :unimpressed:

Ikr !! Paris is amazing anyway :ahee:

You got the wrong end of the stick there
Original post by Andy98
You got the wrong end of the stick there

I'm sorry I don't undertsand this expression :s
I'm sorry I don't undertsand this expression :s

Means that what I said could have been taken in one of two ways, I meant it as in "You don't have to be a fool to get lost", whereas you took it as me calling you an idiot. It's just one of those English idioms.
Original post by Andy98
Means that what I said could have been taken in one of two ways, I meant it as in "You don't have to be a fool to get lost", whereas you took it as me calling you an idiot. It's just one of those English idioms.

Awwww okay ! Thank you :yep:
And I was kidding about the fool thing btw :lol:
Awwww okay ! Thank you :yep:
And I was kidding about the fool thing btw :lol:

Tis ok

Ahh, hard to tell online
YO, Wat UP

Quick Reply

Latest