The Student Room Group

scared i won't get accepted into uni:(

heyy:smile: i applied to 20 different unis across the globe (lol dont ask) im soooooo scared i won't get into even one. i already got 2/5 rejections from ucas and one rejection from france:frown: i feel like crying idk what to do
i know i have 17 schools left lol but everything is already going so badly im scared i won't get into even one school:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Worrying won't help at this stage. Just do the work.
Reply 2
Original post by martinique1998
heyy:smile: i applied to 20 different unis across the globe (lol dont ask) im soooooo scared i won't get into even one. i already got 2/5 rejections from ucas and one rejection from france:frown: i feel like crying idk what to do
i know i have 17 schools left lol but everything is already going so badly im scared i won't get into even one school:frown:

what are your grades like? and you can always do clearing you know??
Original post by DrSocSciences
Worrying won't help at this stage. Just do the work.

lol that doesn't help much:tongue:
Original post by john2054
what are your grades like? and you can always do clearing you know??

and my grades are horrible lol:frown: what is clearing? do they have to accept me through it?
one has surely got to accept you, be patient :smile: what course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt you managed 20 good quality applications, it would've been better to focus on the quality not quantity. And are you really willing to travel to any of those countries? Do you have the means to pay for it and fund your living costs too?

Anyways, if your grades are bad just focus on the grades. If you can pull them up, you can go through Clearing or apply for next year entry, it's not the end of the world to have a gap year
Reply 7
Dont focus on the things you cant control. Your part was doing the applications so now leave it in their hands ad focus on what you can ie. Your exams

Worsr case scenario you just go through clearing. No point worrying
wow i have never heard of someone applying to that many tbh
i doubt you'll get rejected by all of them
Original post by bubblegumcat
one has surely got to accept you, be patient :smile: what course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hope so im so worried:frown: its all I've been thinking about since september lol
and i applied to history, geography and english:smile: its ironic but i want to be a teacher when i grow up :biggrin:
Original post by infairverona
I doubt you managed 20 good quality applications, it would've been better to focus on the quality not quantity. And are you really willing to travel to any of those countries? Do you have the means to pay for it and fund your living costs too?

Anyways, if your grades are bad just focus on the grades. If you can pull them up, you can go through Clearing or apply for next year entry, it's not the end of the world to have a gap year

i live in france:smile: i applied to 15 here (:biggrin:) and 5 through ucas:smile: and i wrote solid essays for all of them believe me lol, it took me foreverrrrrr

what is clearing btw?
and no gap year, my parents will kill me:tongue:
and my grades are horrible lol:frown: what is clearing? do they have to accept me through it?

Clearing is where you don't results don't meet the entry requirements for your chosen universities and therefore you can't go there. You go through clearing via UCAS where there are places on courses that universities are trying to fill and either have the lower entry requirements that you need, or are willing to take you on despite not meeting their entry requirements because they just want to fill the space.

As far as I know the clearing process starts on results day in august because you know, everyone has their final grades and knows whether they've met the conditional offers or not. So you'd have to wait until then... that is if you get rejected by all your 5 choices on UCAS.

Just to be clear though clearing is for UCAS only... therefore UK unis only.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
wow i have never heard of someone applying to that many tbh
i doubt you'll get rejected by all of them

lmao i knew someone who applied to 24 schools...
she was rejected by them all.....
better safe than sorry lol
Original post by johannarebecca7
Clearing is where you don't results don't meet the entry requirements for your chosen universities and therefore you can't go there. You go through clearing via UCAS where there are places on courses that universities are trying to fill and either have the lower entry requirements that you need, or are willing to take you on despite not meeting their entry requirements because they just want to fill the space.

As far as I know the clearing process starts on results day in august because you know, everyone has their final grades and knows whether they've met the conditional offers or not. So you'd have to wait until then... that is if you get rejected by all your 5 choices on UCAS.

Just to be clear though clearing is for UCAS only... therefore UK unis only.

ok i get it:smile:))
thank you:h:

what about if no unis want me? lol im sooooooo worried:s-smilie:
lmao i knew someone who applied to 24 schools...
she was rejected by them all.....
better safe than sorry lol

oh bless, well hopefully that wont happen to you, good luck !
ok i get it:smile:))
thank you:h:

what about if no unis want me? lol im sooooooo worried:s-smilie:

i don't know. i've honestly never heard of someone getting rejected by every single one of their choices. honestly if you're saying your grades are bad i can see why they are rejecting you. --- they do look at predicted grades but they also take what you're currently graded into account as it's more of a realistic view of what you're going to achieve and if it's not very good, they are more unlikely to give you an offer.

i'd say knuckle down and work hard. even if all the unis reject you, if you still get good results at the end, you can apply through clearing and a university will be more likely to snap you up. otherwise, you're going to have to accept that fact you'll have to retake your exams
Original post by jawsontheflooor
oh bless, well hopefully that wont happen to you, good luck !

thank youuuu haha
i need all the luck i can get:biggrin::redface:
Original post by johannarebecca7
i don't know. i've honestly never heard of someone getting rejected by every single one of their choices. honestly if you're saying your grades are bad i can see why they are rejecting you. --- they do look at predicted grades but they also take what you're currently graded into account as it's more of a realistic view of what you're going to achieve and if it's not very good, they are more unlikely to give you an offer.

i'd say knuckle down and work hard. even if all the unis reject you, if you still get good results at the end, you can apply through clearing and a university will be more likely to snap you up. otherwise, you're going to have to accept that fact you'll have to retake your exams

you've calmed my mind a bit haha, thanks:smile: and yeah my grades are quite low lol but im sure ill get accepted into at least one school
i have a 1/20 chance anyways LOL

thanks you and everyone else:h:
you've calmed my mind a bit haha, thanks:smile: and yeah my grades are quite low lol but im sure ill get accepted into at least one school
i have a 1/20 chance anyways LOL

thanks you and everyone else:h:

Clearing is where you call up the universities, or maybe there is a clearing number, on results today and you see ask universities to take you with below ideal grades. I am confident that you could get a place at a uk unversity with three ds, through this process. You may even get a place with three es. I don't know. If I get you my universities applications number, then that would get you someone to talk to if you call up in working hours in a week day to do it? They should be able to explain the process much better than i ever could. Also don't forget to stress your other strengths.

Also if the worse comes to the worse, you can always take an access course at a uk university, which will get you a place on some of the less competitive degrees at that uni, assuming you pass after a years full time study for the access. This is what i didm getting it in 2007.

Stick with it, i'm sure something will turn up. God is great you know?

Enquiries about applying for a courseT: +44 (0)1332 591167
E: [email protected]
(This is the contact details for Derby, my uni)
lol that doesn't help much:tongue:

It's advice that only helps if you follow it.

Latest

Trending

Trending