The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls exam predictions

please share your predictions here:smile:

Scroll to see replies

For OMAM, I think Slim might show up.. anyone else?
Original post by darkreeper123
For OMAM, I think Slim might show up.. anyone else?

personally no, he came up in 2013. I think it will be Candy/Curley. But you never know :closedeyes:
Reply 3
Original post by leopard923

personally, Carlson, because the other characters have been done before. or any other minor character, such as whit
Original post by sue99
personally, Carlson, because the other characters have been done before. or any other minor character, such as whit

Seriously doubt it, I don't think those 2 have ever come up?
Reply 5
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Seriously doubt it, I don't think those 2 have ever come up?

That's exactly why I'm saying they may well come up - because they haven't come up before and they are very minor characters.... Why would they repeat the characters done before?
Reply 6
Original post by Mr...
There isn't much to say about them or any room for A* alternative interpretations + They could do a theme associated with a character done before:yep:

There is, if you think about it
Corruption, influence of a sexist, ageist, racist society etc.
Original post by sue99
That's exactly why I'm saying they may well come up - because they haven't come up before and they are very minor characters.... Why would they repeat the characters done before?

They repeated Curley's Wife in OMAM: 2012 and 2015
Original post by sue99

They're too minor to talk about. They repeat questions all the time. Like they did George and lennies relationship twice. And they repeat AIC questions all the time. From all EL papers I've seen 2007+ they've never done it, because honestly what can people say about them?
I personally think it'll be about the American Dream

At school, we came up with these predictions,

*Masculinity
*The Curley/Lennie fight scene
*Death
*Animals/Nature
*Hope and Dreams/American Dream
*Shooting of Candy's dog (not sure if it would be the lead up or when it is actually shot)
*Justice
*Weakness
*Violence
*Freedom Vs Confinement
*Power (however it is has already appeared slightly in the Slim extract)
*Isolation/Loneliness
*Death of Lennie
*Intro of Curley extract
*Minor Characters (whit,Carlson,the boss is quite a minor character, don't think they would talk about Susie or Aunt Clara :biggrin:)

Have fun revising!
Original post by Ella_08

What was that section B( curley's wife)? What did they ask you to say? We didn't have a lit mock :/
Original post by Ella_08

Did you do the exam in 2015? If you did, what did you write about her death as I feel that was quite a hard extract?
Original post by Ella_08

That's true! It might be a repeat but a different passage.... I see what you are all saying about Carlson but there is very little... Curley seems possible?
Original post by Tiara006
At school, we came up with these predictions,

*Masculinity
*The Curley/Lennie fight scene
*Death
*Animals/Nature
*Hope and Dreams/American Dream
*Shooting of Candy's dog (not sure if it would be the lead up or when it is actually shot)
*Justice
*Weakness
*Violence
*Freedom Vs Confinement
*Power (however it is has already appeared slightly in the Slim extract)
*Isolation/Loneliness
*Death of Lennie
*Intro of Curley extract
*Minor Characters (whit,Carlson,the boss is quite a minor character, don't think they would talk about Susie or Aunt Clara :biggrin:)

Have fun revising!

Wow thanks for this! Do you have any ideas for AIC?
They're too minor to talk about. They repeat questions all the time. Like they did George and lennies relationship twice. And they repeat AIC questions all the time. From all EL papers I've seen 2007+ they've never done it, because honestly what can people say about them?

Do u have older papers ? If u do could please post them please :biggrin:??
I'm sorry, I don't do An Inspector Calls, I do Kindertransport :frown: .. wish I could help :smile:

Wow thanks for this! Do you have any ideas for AIC?
Original post by Tiara006
I'm sorry, I don't do An Inspector Calls, I do Kindertransport :frown: .. wish I could help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nevermind! Thanks for your help anyway!!! :smile::smile:
What was that section B( curley's wife)? What did they ask you to say? We didn't have a lit mock :/

I didn't see the exam paper, I just saw a discussion. I presume it was section B because it asked about Curley's Wife's death in the barn
That's true! It might be a repeat but a different passage.... I see what you are all saying about Carlson but there is very little... Curley seems possible?

Yeah, it's obviously because Curley's Wife is a very important character. I think Curley is possible but the question will most likely ask about a theme. So if it asks about the american dream then you can talk about many characters (Candy, Curley, George). Worth revising Carlson anyway, that's what I'm doing but just don't prioritise him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending