The Student Room Group

When girls compliment other females...

I'm genuine when I give other girls compliments but when I receive them I get a side eye, however I say thank you. Do you trust other females compliments? Sometimes I feel like they aren't genuine. Does anyone know what I mean?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
I'm genuine when I give other girls compliments but when I receive them I get a side eye, however I say thank you. Do you trust other females compliments? Sometimes I feel like they aren't genuine. Does anyone know what I mean?

I completely trust any compliments i get.
Original post by xobeauty

whats side eye

why wouldnt they be genuine. mean girls type thing?
I'm so paranoid sometimes that I don't trust any compliment in case they're being sarcastic or making fun of me :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't trust any compliments because ik they are lying to make me feel better and what i absolutely hate is when people compliment you back when you compliment them because it makes it look like ur fishing when ur not you just want to tell that girl how fabulous and pretty she is :smile:

Original post by Changing Skies
I'm so paranoid sometimes that I don't trust any compliment in case they're being sarcastic or making fun of me :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe them ok :hugs: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have lovely hair
if my friends compliment me i trust it coz most of the time they insult. it must be so weird being female
i don't really believe anyone when they compliment me, I just assume they're just trying to be nice or being sarcastic lol
(edited 8 years ago)
girls literally just compliment every other girl even when they make no sense - I wouldn't say it's genuine. it's a social ritual of getting respect
for example, when I have parties, my female friends compliment these absolute bints and I'm stood there thinking "...really...? her and not me? have you seen me?"
(edited 8 years ago)
Sometimes I compliment a girl when I can tell that she has made an effort, even if I don't think they look nice. Does that make me a bitch?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Blondie987
i don't really believe anyone when they compliment me, I just assume they're just trying to be nice or being sarcastic lol

Ah same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blondie987

You have to believe what unicorn said about your pic tho :unimpressed:

Spoiler

Reply 12
If I was a woman i'd not accept a compliment from another one, you girls are such backstabbers.
Original post by Virgili
If I was a woman i'd not accept a compliment from another one, you girls are such backstabbers.

Not all of us :no:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
You have to believe what unicorn said about your pic tho :unimpressed:

Spoiler

You're so sweet Frenchie! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Not all of us :no:

Enough of you not to trust it
I take compliments from girls seriously because of the way they say it. They actually mean it when they say it, they don't say it out loud or laugh or anything.
Original post by FarageCollage
girls literally just compliment every other girl even when they make no sense - I wouldn't say it's genuine. it's a social ritual of getting respect
for example, when I have parties, my female friends compliment these absolute bints and I'm stood there thinking "...really...? her and not me? have you seen me?"

Oooh, what theory is this? A social ritual of getting respect? I haven't come across this in the psychological literature, which journal was it from?

I'd be interested to know why complimenting excessively earns respect, it goes against intuition. I would say that complimenting increases liking to an extent, and then it either insinuates dishonesty or over ingratiation. But there where are, I'm assuming you've read such a counter-intuitive theory somewhere, otherwise I see no logical reason for it to pop out of your little head.
It's usually only my friends who compliment me and I believe them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well when it comes from girls I'm more paranoid, with guys it's whatever. Because I know girls who won't compliment other females if they are gorgeous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending