Scroll to see replies

What halls were you in first year?
Reply 2
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
What halls were you in first year?

Manor Hall
Original post by Wrf95
Manor Hall

How long did it take you to walk to the campus?

What is your level of fitness?
Reply 4
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
How long did it take you to walk to the campus?

What is your level of fitness?

It's about a five minute walk to one of the lecture theatres, and 15 to Will's
Do you know Stefan?
Reply 6
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Do you know Stefan?

no haha
Reply 7
Original post by JohnGreek
How much do you spend a week, on average, for living costs? As in, rent, food, transport, pubs, etc :smile:

rent for this year is £5,000 and is done in large chunks, for next year it will be a lot lower

But generally i spend around £20 a week generally - £30-40 if i'm having a night out in the week extra as well. And no money spent on public transport, you don't really need it in Bristol, plus you'll be given a free bus pass too
Original post by Wrf95
no haha

Disappointing.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Do you know Stefan?

:wink:

Original post by Wrf95
rent for this year is £5,000 and is done in large chunks, for next year it will be a lot lower

But generally i spend around £20 a week generally - £30-40 if i'm having a night out in the week extra as well. And no money spent on public transport, you don't really need it in Bristol, plus you'll be given a free bus pass too

£20 per week?? WHAT? I seriously need to re-evaluate my habits.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by *Stefan*
:wink:

£20 per week?? WHAT? I seriously need to re-evaluate my habits.

Both first year law students. It's possible; it's possible!

Original post by Wrf95

And that really is crazy. Even if I were scrimping, I couldn't get it that low. What on earth do you buy with that? Spaghetti hoops and bread?

Teach us your ways.
Hey, how is Bristol like?
What year are you in? :smile:
Can you describe what your daily schedule looks like? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by AthiaKarim
What year are you in? :smile:

First
Reply 15
Original post by Procaffinator
Can you describe what your daily schedule looks like? :smile:

Well we've finished for the year now apart from exams so at the moment its just revision, but generally you have around 2-3 hours of lectures and a seminar, and then go home and prep for the next seminar coming up. Your schedule is broken up into two weeks, and during these two weeks you will have 5 seminars and around 25ish hours of lectures. For each seminar you need to prepare quite a lot (or atleast you should), and this in itself includes making notes on around 2-3 chapters of a book, reading roughly around 5-10 cases, and then any articles or journals then provide too. Then if you have time, there is also further reading available.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions
Original post by Wrf95
Well we've finished for the year now apart from exams so at the moment its just revision, but generally you have around 2-3 hours of lectures and a seminar, and then go home and prep for the next seminar coming up. Your schedule is broken up into two weeks, and during these two weeks you will have 5 seminars and around 25ish hours of lectures. For each seminar you need to prepare quite a lot (or atleast you should), and this in itself includes making notes on around 2-3 chapters of a book, reading roughly around 5-10 cases, and then any articles or journals then provide too. Then if you have time, there is also further reading available.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions

You read 2-3 chapter and 5-10 judgments start to finish for each seminar?
How's the accommodation and the social side to it?
Reply 18
You read 2-3 chapter and 5-10 judgments start to finish for each seminar?

yes
Reply 19
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
How's the accommodation and the social side to it?

Both the accommodation and social side are great. All of my friends accommodations are really nice too so i think you have a great choice of different residents if you do choose Bristol. The social side is also really good, loads of places to go out at night and also a lot of other options if that isn't your kind of thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending