The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Pointless distraction. I can comment on any thread I wish.

I know u can but that wasn't my question. I said why do you comment on every Islam-themes thread
Original post by Squishy•
I know u can but that wasn't my question. I said why do you comment on every Islam-themes thread

Because I want to. If you know I comment on all of them then you must also be reading all of them.
Original post by Anonymous
How can I pay my tuition fees?

My parents won't fund my education, they've already spent a lot of their savings on helping my brothers through university, and they aren't that keen on my going anyway.

I qualify for a bursary, but that is still significantly short of the tuition fees.

It will be difficult to find a job, most jobs will be mixed gender, and I am not comfortable in that situation.

Can anyone suggest any halal loans?

I have heard of the national zakat foundation helping students b4.
Lol as soon as I see ur name I know not to bother reading them

You must read them to see my name in the first place, but again, you're not actually making a point, just trying to distract :wink:
The most pragmatic thing you can do is to accept that there's no way that an average middle class person, Muslim or otherwise, is going to go through life in a modern, Western country without paying anything in interest. :tongue: Sorry to break it to you, but that's just how it is for those of us who aren't from rich families.

Say that you somehow manage to put yourself through university without accruing any interest at all. Then what? Rent for the rest of your life because you can't afford to pay for a house upfront? :tongue:
Even my more observant Muslim friends and family have taken up tution fee and maintenance loans without a fuss. Just do it, it's for your own good anyway.

And about the mixed gender workplace, I can totally understand that you may have gone to a religious all boys school or something but it's something that you have to realise is right. They're just women, they won't bite
You must read them to see my name in the first place, but again, you're not actually making a point, just trying to distract :wink:

I scroll down. See your name first and then skip your comment. What is so hard to understand?
Reply 47
Yeah, take the loan but bigger issues with you arise

You will have to work in a mixed gender workplace
You will have to deal with both men and women whether they are your collegues or the person who hands you your coffee in the morning
You'll also have to eventually date/marry a member of the opposite sex

So get over it and get over yourself, deal with your issues.

Summary - take the loan and take a mixed gender job, its not like youre gonna have sex with a coworker just because you work in the same place.

Ps - this isnt an islamaphobic post, im just muslim and fairly upset that someone is around who is avoiding the real world
To all the Muslims who are saying the loan's ok, I'm not sure you're aware how big of a sin usury is in Islam. :curious:

Can anyone suggest any halal loans?

I forgot to tell you about this OP! An alternative, interest free loan system. It's meant to be introduced from as early as the next academic year. :smile:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/349899/bis-14-984-government-response-to-a-consultation-on-a-sharia-compliant-alternative-finance-product.pdf
I don't really see an issue in taking out a loan with Student Finance as a Muslim. The Student Loans Company is a non-profit company owned by the government, the same government you pay taxes to, not some big and evil corporation.
I'm not entirely convinced, but I'll have a think. thanks :smile:

Yeah even i wasn't convinced at first but because you dont have to pay it back until you make a certain amount (you're in profit), it doesn't become a riba contract. It becomes a mudaabarah contract, I think and that changes everything.

This is a completely valid islamic opinion and noone can deny that but he did say that there are differences of opinion.
Pointless distraction. I can comment on any thread I wish.

More of an unhealthy hatred.
Original post by MHI
Yeah, take the loan but bigger issues with you arise

You will have to work in a mixed gender workplace
You will have to deal with both men and women whether they are your collegues or the person who hands you your coffee in the morning
You'll also have to eventually date/marry a member of the opposite sex

So get over it and get over yourself, deal with your issues.

Summary - take the loan and take a mixed gender job, its not like youre gonna have sex with a coworker just because you work in the same place.

Ps - this isnt an islamaphobic post, im just muslim and fairly upset that someone is around who is avoiding the real world

Majority of muslims have no knowledge and speak on islamic topics. You're one of them.
I scroll down. See your name first and then skip your comment. What is so hard to understand?

So then you are still on that thread and reading it. What is so hard to understand?
Original post by Butternuts96
More of an unhealthy hatred.

False, there is nothing unhealthy about criticising a backwards ideology whose ideals are incompatible and harmful to 21st century life. But as usual, you and Squishy are just resorting to veiled insults in an attempt to distract.

To the OP, take out the loan, if you live in the UK you cannot avoid paying interest and working in mixed gender environments forever so the sooner you integrate into the real world the better.
(edited 8 years ago)
RELIGIOUS QUERY REGARDING SHARIA COMPLIANT ISLAMIC STUDENT LOANS

Assalam alaykum brother,

I am emailing regarding clarification of the student loans.

As you are aware they have been raised further by the government

whilst also

taking away the bursary/grant option which is halal.

I know it depends on the persons situation and it differs between

individuals.

For e.g. I have worked in a haram absolutely degrading job flipping

burgers in McDonald's for 3 years now and I still havent managed

anywhere near enough. If I am to continue at this rate I dont I will

even be able to save enough even by the age of 30.

Second to this I have also tried looking for appeenticeships in my

career field which is scientific but havent found much in that

respect. Personally I feel as if these type of labour jobs would

manke

me depressed.

Some scholars like Sheikh Haitham al haddad say it is allowed as the

loan is not based on riba.

Whilst others like Ustadh Abdirahman hassan say it is riba.

Can you please clarify this please with regards to my sitaution ad I

do not want to be a street sweeper.

Jazakallah khayrun

Brother Omar

�,

Latest

Trending

Trending