The Student Room Group

Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else stay up to 3AM on reddit/9gag/watching movies then you tell yourself you will sleep early tomorrow and the same thing happens again-.-
Reply 161
I got zopiclone a few weeks ago, or in February. Did you get told much about how it works? I didn't really but my mum's taken it before so she told me.

You need to take it like between 9 and 10 (yes I know, seems very early) but then you need a hour for it to work, where you are In bed, PJ's on etc. You do no work, nothing that will keep you awake like emails, or being on TSR, or anything on electronic screens. you need something that you can start to associating with doing before sleeping, so could be reading, listening to music. I don't listen to music, and I found that reading kept me too awake because of the concentration needed for me to read, so I discovered that watching TV/YouTube made me get into bed, lie down then watch a program for an hour, then computer would just be ready to close internet and turn off, then I would sleep.
The idea is that the medicine is short term to get you back in a routine, then you do the same pattern (take medicine between 9 and 10, then the 1 hour of resting/relaxing, then sleep somewhere before 11) just without needing the medicine to start because your body is back in that routine.

my tip would be stick at it, and make sure you keep doing it long enough so your body stays in the routine without it, although my reason for that was I got sick, ended up in hospital 9-10 days after I started the medicine so I kind of went back to how bad I was before.

If you got any other questions then feel free to ask, or let me know how your getting on.
:hugs:
9am :redface: x
I find myself here at 1am every single day :colonhash:
Reporting in
There have been so many threads over the years for us insomniacs. My problem is I'll fall asleep earlyish around 10 p.m. I sleep till 3 a.m. and wake up. I just can't sleep after I wake up at 3 a.m.
I think the 4 best ways to help you go to sleep is talking to a friend on the telephone before bedtime, watching TV or YouTube,having sex or masturbating.
Where my night owls at
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
Where my night owls at

*raises hand*
Whatcha up to?
Where my night owls at

Here bud :groovy:let's get this party started :dance:
Original post by Mochassassin
*raises hand*
Whatcha up to?

Yoo ! on the phone to me girl wuh bout you
Original post by Dysprosium
Anyone else stay up to 3AM on reddit/9gag/watching movies then you tell yourself you will sleep early tomorrow and the same thing happens again-.-

I stay awake till 3 reading manga, and I keep delaying revision (+_+)
Yoo ! on the phone to me girl wuh bout you

Awwww, das cute, man.
Just reading some of the blogs on here, might write one myself. :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
Here bud :groovy:let's get this party started :dance:

My g ! Wuh u up to
Awwww, das cute, man.
Just reading some of the blogs on here, might write one myself. :smile:

Ah cool ! Let me know when you write one up so I can't check it out
Ah cool ! Let me know when you write one up so I can't check it out

Can't or can? :teehee:
And thank you, that's a lovely offer! :smile:
My g ! Wuh u up to

loool :wavey: all nighter doing art, feel kind of bad cos i promised @ivy.98 i would go to bed but idk im not sleeping recently :redface:
wbu bud? x
Reply 177
school tomorrow, chestpains and cant sleep
so stressed
kill me plz :argh:
3:00AM, too scared to go to sleep due to reading sleeping paralysis stories on reddit... Got to get up at 8.
Can't or can? :teehee:
And thank you, that's a lovely offer! :smile:

I meant can 😂

Quick Reply

Latest