The Student Room Group

Mass gainer for non-skinny guys

Hi,
I've been training for around 5 months now daily and I have a fairly muscly physique, I'm not really skinny so like my abs don't show or anything, I'm bulking currently trying to get to 6 meals a day, I've just ran out of my protein so I'm not sure if it is a good idea for me to go for a mass gainer now or just stick to whey protein?
(I've used mutant mass in the past but that was when I started training and I have basically 0 muscle mass and it made a huge difference but I'm not sure this time as I feel it could make me fat and I'm not sure if it's as necessary)
If anyone could help with advice that would be great thank you😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Alexcourtt
Hi,
I've been training for around 5 months now daily and I have a fairly muscly physique, I'm not really skinny so like my abs don't show or anything, I'm bulking currently trying to get to 6 meals a day, I've just ran out of my protein so I'm not sure if it is a good idea for me to go for a mass gainer now or just stick to whey protein?
(I've used mutant mass in the past but that was when I started training and I have basically 0 muscle mass and it made a huge difference but I'm not sure this time as I feel it could make me fat and I'm not sure if it's as necessary)
If anyone could help with advice that would be great thank you😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mass gainers are a waste of money and just filled with crap. Stick to normal whey.
Original post by .JC.
Mass gainers are a waste of money and just filled with crap. Stick to normal whey.

I agree with you supplements should only be used if you have a defiancy in something so fish oil or protein could be useful for convince purposes only stay away from things like fat burners and weight gainers they are all scams
Don't buy mass gainers. It is of no use.
I think protein mass builders can be quite effective if used PROPERLY, but everyone has a different opinion I suppose. Also depends on your goals and, as you've mentioned, body type. In terms of muscle gain supplements I've always used sci-mx, mainly because they have products based on desired weight and that's how I found them: http://www.sci-mx.co.uk/shop/shop-by-goal/serious-muscle-mass

Works well for me and I've always included it as part of my weekly routine.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest