The Student Room Group

LSE maths and econ and others?

Hey,

I want to study Maths and Econ and have shortlisted LSE as a possible school. However, having read tsr I'm lead to believe that LSE's math department is nothing special but they have a strong econ.

I have also been looking at Warwick, but don't fancy living cov. The other uni would be UCL but their maths and econ course is mainly maths and I would like 50/50 split.

What other schools are there? Oxbridge? Bristol?

I want to go to a target uni :smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by ramie
Hey,

I want to study Maths and Econ and have shortlisted LSE as a possible school. However, having read tsr I'm lead to believe that LSE's math department is nothing special but they have a strong econ.

I have also been looking at Warwick, but don't fancy living cov. The other uni would be UCL but their maths and econ course is mainly maths and I would like 50/50 split.

What other schools are there? Oxbridge? Bristol?

I want to go to a target uni :smile:

Thanks

The list goes like this:
Cambridge/Oxford
Imperial
Warwick/LSE/Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by oShahpo
The list goes like this:
Cambridge/Oxford
Imperial
Warwick/LSE/Bristol

Bristol is not really in the same category as LSE or Warwick for Maths and Econ. Perhaps a tier below with Durham and whatnot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by *Stefan*
Bristol is not really in the same category as LSE or Warwick for Maths and Econ. Perhaps a tier below with Durham and whatnot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bristol is ranked higher than Warwick and LSE internationally. Even nationally in mathematics.
Original post by oShahpo
Bristol is ranked higher than Warwick and LSE internationally. Even nationally in mathematics.

LOL for real? For Maths it goes Cambridge/Oxford then Imperial/Warwick. Econ Cambridge/LSE, then Oxford Warwick UCL.
Bristol is not on the same level
Original post by HangeeTw
LOL for real? For Maths it goes Cambridge/Oxford then Imperial/Warwick. Econ Cambridge/LSE, then Oxford Warwick UCL.
Bristol is not on the same level

You said Oxford twice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themathgeek
You said Oxford twice

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are u on about?
Reply 7
Original post by oShahpo

LOL bristol is nothing compared to LSE and Warwick. Warwick and LSE are another level in every way
Original post by HangeeTw
what are u on about?

Looool I'm clearly blind , sorry xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest