The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mother falls in love with her son who she gave up for adoption 32 years ago

Scroll to see replies

that's ****ed up
Original post by oShahpo
Well if two people are in love who the **** are we to judge?

I can't help but agree - people were saying this about gay relationships in the past and now it's perfectly tolerated. why is incest any different in principle? and no, I'm not trying to discredit homosexuality. I'm trying to question our social customs regarding incest relationships.
Original post by FarageCollage
I can't help but agree - people were saying this about gay relationships in the past and now it's perfectly tolerated. why is incest any different in principle? and no, I'm not trying to discredit homosexuality. I'm trying to question our social customs regarding incest relationships.

So you're saying you'd get into a relationship with one of ur relatives? Incest has always been wrong and will always will be. Biologically and naturally it's wrong and sick
Original post by Ribbit1234
So you're saying you'd get into a relationship with one of ur relatives? Incest has always been wrong and will always will be. Biologically and naturally it's wrong and sick

so you're implying that if I tolerate, say, homosexuality, that means I'll have sex with another man then? hm interesting.
so you're implying that if I tolerate, say, homosexuality, that means I'll have sex with another man then? hm interesting.

Incest and homosexuality are two completely different things. U simply can't compare having sex with someone of the same gender to having sex with ur own flesh and blood
Incest and homosexuality are two completely different things. U simply can't compare having sex with someone of the same gender to having sex with ur own flesh and blood

why not, exactly? - again, you're talking to a person who isn't justifying incest relationships via anything other than simple tolerance for acts that affect nobody else but the people involved. people say that incestuous pregnancies causes deformed children, which is true in that it increases the likelihood by 5% (which can add up over generations, which is only going to add up in that sense in places like pakistan where little girls are forced to marry their male first-cousins, and this keeps happening for many many generations) but are you willing to tell me that down syndrome couples or dwarf couples are bad because they will create similar children with their conditions, for instance? seems like eugenics if that's seriously a major factor. if you're simply saying "but ew it's icky and unnatural", well, again 1) who cares if it's particularly "natural" or not if it's between consenting adults, and 2) again, I see that people used to be exactly like this towards gay people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hmm.. Fair point well made
why not, exactly? - again, you're talking to a person who isn't justifying incest relationships via anything other than simple tolerance for acts that affect nobody else but the people involved. people say that incestuous pregnancies causes deformed children, which is true in that it increases the likelihood of 5% (which can add up over generations, which is only going to add up in that sense in places like pakistan where little girls are forced to marry their male first-cousins) but are you willing to tell me that down syndrome couples or dwarf couples are bad because they will create similar children with their conditions, for instance? seems like eugenics if that's seriously a major factor. if you're simply saying "but ew it's icky and unnatural", well, again 1) who cares if it's particularly "natural" or not if it's between consenting adults, and 2) again, I see that people used to be exactly like this towards gay people.
why not, exactly? - again, you're talking to a person who isn't justifying incest relationships via anything other than simple tolerance for acts that affect nobody else but the people involved. people say that incestuous pregnancies causes deformed children, which is true in that it increases the likelihood of 5% (which can add up over generations, which is only going to add up in that sense in places like pakistan where little girls are forced to marry their male first-cousins) but are you willing to tell me that down syndrome couples or dwarf couples are bad because they will create similar children with their conditions, for instance? seems like eugenics if that's seriously a major factor. if you're simply saying "but ew it's icky and unnatural", well, again 1) who cares if it's particularly "natural" or not if it's between consenting adults, and 2) again, I see that people used to be exactly like this towards gay people.

Very well put.
Original post by cherryred90s
Very well put.

Hmm.. Fair point well made

thanks a lot
That could happen to any family. No surprise. That's called soulmates. It's all about karma or reincarnation. Two of them were probably husband & wife in the previous lives.

http://www.jimbtucker.com/

Posted from TSR Mobile
That means if they have a baby it will be his child AND his sibling. And it will be her child AND grandchild. Mindf**k.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Widespread acceptance of this would set a dangerous precedent.
The man was inside the woman's womb for circa 9 months. It's just ****ed up.

What is your point? How is them being together going to affect you in any way? Some people really are worried about the wrong things smh
What is your point? How is them being together going to affect you in any way? Some people really are worried about the wrong things smh

Just because you an others are too short sighted to see the effects.

That's like saying if I spend all my money on something, how will that effect me in any way? Well not immediately, but soon I won't be able to pay bills, etc.

Effects build up, cherry. Don't be a dunce.
Original post by donutellme
Just because you an others are too short sighted to see the effects.

That's like saying if I spend all my money on something, how will that effect me in any way? Well not immediately, but soon I won't be able to pay bills, etc.

Effects build up, cherry. Don't be a dunce.

What effects? How will someone else's relationship affect you?

Spending your own money will affect you because it's your money :s-smilie: and you call me a dunce.
What's wrong with a mother having sex with her son?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RivalPlayer
Lots of things in life don't affect me directly yet I have opinions on them because I can.

Your "it doesn't affect you so why comment" rebuttal is stupid.

Who said you can't have an opinion? If you post your opinion on a public forum, I can criticise it if I like.

I didn't say 'it doesn't affect you, so why comment' :s-smilie: it doesn't affect me either but clearly I am commenting on it...

What I said is that it doesn't affect you so why are you bothered about someone else's relationship?

Exactly.
When society becomes accepting of or legalises incestuous relationships, nobody will find it to be an issue anymore.
When society becomes accepting of or legalises incestuous relationships, nobody will find it to be an issue anymore.

PRSOM :smile:
This is disgusting why tf would you ever want to do this only people with gross disturbing minds want to do this having a baby with your mom that’s disgusting🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢