The Student Room Group

David Cameron Releases Tax Returns - nothing to hide

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36007718

As I expected, he has nothing to hide nor is there anything unusual about his tax returns.

Anyway, what are everyone's thoughts on this move and the tax return figures themselves?
Doesn't really matter if he was/is innocent, the damage has been done to his reputation. That he said he removed his investment before becoming PM suggests that he knew it was wrong and isn't innocent.

Tax evasion accounts for much more than, for example, social benefit payments for the disabled. That his party is cutting benefits from the most vulnerable in our society while his family, and by extension him, are benefiting from tax loopholes is a hard pill to swallow for those of us that liked/trusted Cameron.

My faith in the person is being swayed. Add to that his pro-EU agenda and misuse of the public purse/position to try to push his own beliefs about the EU. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else in charge, someone like Boris maybe?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Doesn't really matter if he was/is innocent, the damage has been done to his reputation. That he said he removed his investment before becoming PM suggests that he knew it was wrong and isn't innocent.

?

Is this really the level of desperation his detractors have reached, saying he did something before becoming PM therefore it MUST be bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I can see the tories ousting him regardless the referendum result

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending