The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrawbAri
I have a dream
that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

This was the original dream. Not this horrible divisionist nonsense. We're not enemies, we're human beings

The problem is if you believe in that you can't believe in these divisive causes and that then makes you a racist apparently
It is incredible how many rubbish posts I have read from people on this thread.

If you have to take out time from your daily lives to point out, why black lives don't really matter or why black people love to act like victims; then you have serious personal problems.

Many people are campaigning for better treatment from the Police. Yes, "black on black" violence is high as well, but it does not mean that people should conclude that the Police brutality is insignificant because of "other" factors.

Even though there are bad eggs in the campaign (like every other campaign), it does not mean that the movement should not be done. It is not a black versus white debate. It is about general Police brutality. Black people don't have an inferiority complex that will want them to campaign just for campaigning sake.

Black lives matter and all lives matter.
Original post by Wired_1800
It is incredible how many rubbish posts I have read from people on this thread.

If you have to take out time from your daily lives to point out, why black lives don't really matter or why black people love to act like victims; then you have serious personal problems.

Many people are campaigning for better treatment from the Police. Yes, "black on black" violence is high as well, but it does not mean that people should conclude that the Police brutality is insignificant because of "other" factors.

Even though there are bad eggs in the campaign (like every other campaign), it does not mean that the movement should not be done. It is not a black versus white debate. It is about general Police brutality. Black people don't have an inferiority complex that will want them to campaign just for campaigning sake.

Black lives matter and all lives matter.

If it was about general police brutality then why call it black lives matter? Why have supporters talked about killing white people and men? Why have supporters encouraged white people to commit suicide as the only way to get equality? Why demand for segregation?
Original post by joecphillips
If it was about general police brutality then why call it black lives matter? Why have supporters talked about killing white people and men? Why have supporters encouraged white people to commit suicide as the only way to get equality? Why demand for segregation?

It is about general police brutality against black people. Hence the name Black Lives Matter,

Like I wrote before, you see supporters saying very terrible things in many campaigns. In the women's rights movement, where there are some radical feminists who support killing men, it does not mean that I should not support the right for a better life for women.

In the Gay Freedom campaign, where some supporters have targeted some members of the religious communities such as Catholics, it does not mean that I will not support the freedom of homosexuals to choose who they want to marry and be with.

There are leaders from the black community, who have come out to speak against these supporters. Enough of this Black Power/White Power BS, or Black is Bad, but white is right rubbish. Black people don't demand segregation. They just want better treatment and less general police brutality against black people.

The unfortunate thing is that some people will go on and on about the negative parts of the campaign, so that they don't support the positive parts.

Because blacks are specifically treated badly. We can have one for latinolivesmatter and whitelivesmatter but they dont exist because this problem is prominent with black people. There's no argument for that

Stop taking the few extremists and their actions as what defines the whole movement, thats a fallacy
Original post by Youngmetro
Because blacks are specifically treated badly. We can have one for latinolivesmatter and whitelivesmatter but they dont exist because this problem is prominent with black people. There's no argument for that

Stop taking the few extremists and their actions as what defines the whole movement, thats a fallacy

Native Americans have been killed at a higher rate than any other race by police this year.
Why support these thugs we're sick of them and their cuckold White liberal commie pieces of **** who bend over backwards to support them. They commit much of the crime and murder in America and complain because they're shot by police.

Only Black deaths by police seem to receive mass media attention.
(edited 8 years ago)
Native Americans have been killed at a higher rate than any other race by police this year.

The movement doesnt say 'there shouldnt be a Nativeslivesmatter group' do they?

Besides, that doesnt detract for the meaning of the movement, which is freedom and justice for innocent blacks killed
The movement doesnt say 'there shouldnt be a Nativeslivesmatter group' do they?

Besides, that doesnt detract for the meaning of the movement, which is freedom and justice for innocent blacks killed

Well if that is the case why do they keep quoting someone on the usa's most wanted list who was a domestic terrorist and before you say that it is a few members one of the founders says that they are a “powerful demand in my organizing work.”
They hate Whites because they are being killed by police. Police = Whites now? not always. Police force in America is pretty diverse these days.

Let's remember Freddie Grey and all the anti-White sentiments that followed. It turned out half the cops turned out to be Black, yet Whites are still to blame.

What about that half Asian half White cop who raped those Black women? Whites were blamed for that..
(edited 8 years ago)
Well if that is the case why do they keep quoting someone on the usa's most wanted list who was a domestic terrorist and before you say that it is a few members one of the founders says that they are a “powerful demand in my organizing work.”

Irrelevant, it is still a few members. 'powerful demand' does not mean that people support. BLM movement arent full of extremists, im not going to continue to argue about that if that is what you believe because that is ridiculous
America is going way of South Africa. I see all the African nationalists in BlackLivesMatter, with their fists raised high. Now they're inciting genocide, and call for killing of police.

Why do the Left justify this behaviour?

You are not helping but part of the problem. Do you really think all the anti-police sentiment by these people is going to stop less Blacks killed by police? LOL
Irrelevant, it is still a few members. 'powerful demand' does not mean that people support. BLM movement arent full of extremists, im not going to continue to argue about that if that is what you believe because that is ridiculous

How do you judge a group you don't judge it on its formation or actions so how?

Err for starters it isnt like a terrorist group and the people dont stand for anything that is racist or discriminating. Their actions havent been particularly violent at all.

If the Native American community and their leaders choose to start a Native Americans Lives Matter, then by all means they should start it. We would support it. Just because there is no movement for them does not mean that Black Lives Matter movement should not exist.

It is like saying that we both have tooth ache. Mine hurts more than yours and I have not gone to the dentist, but someone tells you that you should not go to the dentist because my tooth ache is greater than yours. The counter-argument against this movement is so stupid that it is shocking.
Original post by More U Know
America is going way of South Africa. I see all the African nationalists in BlackLivesMatter, with their fists raised high. Now they're inciting genocide, and call for killing of police.

Why do the Left justify this behaviour?

You are not helping but part of the problem. Do you really think all the anti-police sentiment by these people is going to stop less Blacks killed by police? LOL

You are trying to incite some sort of reaction from this thread that you have written all this rubbish. The fact that nobody has responded to counter your argument shows how irrelevant you are to this thread.

Why don't you go sit somewhere before you hurt yourself?
Err for starters it isnt like a terrorist group and the people dont stand for anything that is racist or discriminating. Their actions havent been particularly violent at all.

A “Black Lives Matter” march against police brutality in Oakland turned ugly, with protesters reportedly attacking a journalist, smashing shopfront windows, throwing bottles, and defacing the main Christmas tree in the heart of the city
https://www.rt.com/usa/217835-oakland-protest-black-violence/

Go have a look at Ferguson and Baltimore are those peaceful?
There have even been plans to bomb Ferguson police.

So rioting, looting and arson aside pretty peaceful.

Have they not asked for segregated buildings then?
Original post by Wired_1800
If the Native American community and their leaders choose to start a Native Americans Lives Matter, then by all means they should start it. We would support it. Just because there is no movement for them does not mean that Black Lives Matter movement should not exist.

It is like saying that we both have tooth ache. Mine hurts more than yours and I have not gone to the dentist, but someone tells you that you should not go to the dentist because my tooth ache is greater than yours. The counter-argument against this movement is so stupid that it is shocking.

I'm not saying that something shouldn't happen about a small problem that they claim to stand for which is police brutality but the statistics don't back their point.

They also demand segregation and commit crime you would think if they were afraid of police brutality they wouldn't go around committing violent crime what could get them a visit from the police

Back to you.

Do you judge the group on the actions of a few people? if so, then Americans are all like George Bush or Donald Trump. Do you judge a group on the comments of a few supporters? If so, then Britons are all like Nigel Farage or racist Nick Griffin from the BNP.

You see for me to make sure an assertion will be stupid. Those who voted for Nigel Farage (4 million of them) from the UKIP party are not racist or anti-anything. All they want is the best for the UK.

It is void of any logical reasoning for someone to assert that the Black Lives Matter campaign should be judged on the actions/comments of a few supporters, but the Germans should not be judged by the actions of Hitler, the Americans should not be judged by the atrocities done in the Middle East or Japan (Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bomb) etc
A “Black Lives Matter” march against police brutality in Oakland turned ugly, with protesters reportedly attacking a journalist, smashing shopfront windows, throwing bottles, and defacing the main Christmas tree in the heart of the city
https://www.rt.com/usa/217835-oakland-protest-black-violence/

Go have a look at Ferguson and Baltimore are those peaceful?
There have even been plans to bomb Ferguson police.

So rioting, looting and arson aside pretty peaceful.

Have they not asked for segregated buildings then?

Of course people become angry when there is a prevalent racism within the justice system, riots are a way of people to get the message across, however wrong it may be. Its message still remains a peaceful one.

If you think that when there is an underlying racism within the establishment and peaceful methods are successful in combatting them, you are wrong.

And i rest my case, the vast majority are peaceful.

Latest

Trending

Trending