The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

Im in my first year of University right now, but i wanted to move to a better uni this September so i decided to resist some (9 ) A level exams this summer, so i could make a new UCAS application and go to a better Uni. But i think i've completely messed it up, im going to have lots of exams this summer (14 exams all together and 10 essays due in) and its too much to cope with i don't know what to do. I think i should've just gone on a gap year or done Uni part time to work on my a level work but i didn't. i haven't even started revision yet and i already paid nearly 400 pounds for my A level resits, i just don't know what to do. I've been finding the Uni work hard as well and missed a couple of lessons and now i'm behind, i'm not sure what to do or who to talk too. I'm embarrassed to ask for help and Uni and i know ive completely messed it up.
Thanks.
You are re-taking too many exams. Your university work must take precedence, if you get bad uni grades (which you need to declare in any future UCAS application) then a university is going to be very wary of accepting you. Ask for help, speak to your tutors.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
You are re-taking too many exams. Your university work must take precedence, if you get bad uni grades (which you need to declare in any future UCAS application) then a university is going to be very wary of accepting you. Ask for help, speak to your tutors.

But im retaking the a level exams so i can reapply to a different Uni, surely the A level grades will be looked at first?
I think you should put uni grades as first priority. You said that you wanted to go to a better university, so in my opinion it would look pretty bad if you achieved bad grades at your current 'less better' uni. The admission officers that will be looking at your application will feel that you will not have what it takes to get good grades at their more challenging courses if you can't perform well in your current one.

Definitely definitely ask for help! You will not regret the 'shame' when you look back on this. If you have any friends who will help you in catching up, then definitely ask them! You can plan regular sessions so you can keep track on your uni content, and then spend time on your alevel revision in your other free time. Also, if the uni course you're doing now is related to some of your alevel subjects, it may make revising for your alevels a little easier content wise. Trust me, doing everything alone is just going to keep on adding pressure, especially if your studying methods aren't helping. Asking for help is not a weakness, it's a sign of responsibility and maturity; to be able to realise where your limits are, and what you can do to overcome these obstacles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending