The Student Room Group

What is your facial skin care routine?

We all have different routine just wondering. Mine is the morning; L'ordeal skin perfection face wash then the l'oreal skin perfection toner then the Nivea face cream for sensitive skin. In the night it is the L'oreal skin perfection face wash then queen Elizabeth cocoa butter face body cream. That's my skin care routine when I wake up and go to bed or before I apply makeup. What's yours???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aaliyah.97
We all have different routine just wondering. Mine is the morning; L'ordeal skin perfection face wash then the l'oreal skin perfection toner then the Nivea face cream for sensitive skin. In the night it is the L'oreal skin perfection face wash then queen Elizabeth cocoa butter face body cream. That's my skin care routine when I wake up and go to bed or before I apply makeup. What's yours???

I literally just wash my face with shower gel and apply lip balm most of the time, if my skin is a little dry i ll moisturise but otherwise thats it.
I use a face scrub and then a simple facial wash. I then use a cotton wool pad with the make up removing water, I don't know how to spell it aha; and then use body shop vitamin E toner. I then use the vitamin E moisturizer. I have a dry nose so apply pure vitamin E oil which works really well although its sticky, i only do this bit at night because of the stickiness. As a rule if i am not wearing makeup, i only wash my face with water, as what's the point of using products if i have nothing to remove? Once a week I use the activated carbon make to get rid of any black heads. And that's about it... it seems long but takes me 5 minutes (:
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
I literally just wash my face with shower gel and apply lip balm most of the time, if my skin is a little dry i ll moisturise but otherwise thats it.

I used to do that but since I started doing a routine I've noticed I don't get any breakouts at all
I used to do that but since I started doing a routine I've noticed I don't get any breakouts at all

After about 16, unless i m under a lot of stress or have had a really bad week food wise then i never get breakouts anymore. I think the lack of make up helps my skin breathe better too. Although i used to have eczema since i found the trigger i ve been very lucky skin wise.

Wait... who washes their face with shower gel?:mute:

Isn't that meant for the body?
Original post by Peel. Dem. Crew

i was thinking that too loool
Reply 7
Original post by Emily190100
I use a face scrub and then a simple facial wash. I then use a cotton wool pad with the make up removing water, I don't know how to spell it aha; and then use body shop vitamin E toner. I then use the vitamin E moisturizer. I have a dry nose so apply pure vitamin E oil which works really well although its sticky, i only do this bit at night because of the stickiness. As a rule if i am not wearing makeup, i only wash my face with water, as what's the point of using products if i have nothing to remove? Once a week I use the activated carbon make to get rid of any black heads. And that's about it... it seems long but takes me 5 minutes (:

I while back I used the vitamine E but I noticed they changed the ingredients or something so I completely stopped using it because it was irritating my skin. I love the L'oreal products now I use it everyday and don't give me any bother. Yes it true that there's no point in using products when I don't have any makeup but I have found a difference on when I don't use it everyday and if I do because when I don't it's so easy for me to breakout whereas when I do it's less likely I will.

Its simple shower gel stuff, if you close your eyes it does you no harm. I m not a fan of scented soaps and stuff on my face.
Reply 9

I don't anymore but I used to use this kind of facial shower gel wash. But now I don't use that anymore
Its simple shower gel stuff, if you close your eyes it does you no harm. I m not a fan of scented soaps and stuff on my face.

You don't have to use soap. What about a cleanser instead?:tongue:

Have you heard of African black soap?
Reply 11
After about 16, unless i m under a lot of stress or have had a really bad week food wise then i never get breakouts anymore. I think the lack of make up helps my skin breathe better too. Although i used to have eczema since i found the trigger i ve been very lucky skin wise.

I'm 18 and only started to get little breakouts so I started a good routine which suits my skin
You don't have to use soap. What about a cleanser instead?:tongue:

Have you heard of African black soap?

Shower gel is all i feel is necessary really, since i never wear make up its easy to clean my face really.
I'm 18 and only started to get little breakouts so I started a good routine which suits my skin

That's quite lucky for teenage skin.
I don't anymore but I used to use this kind of facial shower gel wash. But now I don't use that anymore

Oh right, I've never heard of a shower gel that was also suitable for the face.

I only use an African black soap for my black heads, and a good moisturiser with a good SPF sun factor. But I am a guy so I don't need to spend that much time on my skin.:tongue:
Reply 15
Oh right, I've never heard of a shower gel that was also suitable for the face.

I only use an African black soap for my black heads, and a good moisturiser with a good SPF sun factor. But I am a guy so I don't need to spend that much time on my skin.:tongue:

Haha yeah it wasn't a great one. If your a guy doesn't mean you don't have to pamper yourself 😄
Shower gel is all i feel is necessary really, since i never wear make up its easy to clean my face really.

It's best to keep it simple.:tongue:
Reply 17
That's quite lucky for teenage skin.

I know almost 19 but alway like ALWAYS get mistaken for a 13-15 year old it's so bad lol
It's best to keep it simple.:tongue:

Indeed it is :P
I know almost 19 but alway like ALWAYS get mistaken for a 13-15 year old it's so bad lol

I had that problem occasionally but then sometimes i d be able to buy a drink without ID so i think its down to the person,

Quick Reply